NINE

MIRACLE IN NOVEMBER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her hair floated around her pretty little face. Her arms and legs hung lifelessly in the water. Her body seemed to sink deeper and deeper by the second. Her lips were blue. There were no bubbles that escaped from or nose this time. Her closed eyes worried Baekhyun the most. It was as if the time had stopped. The water stopped moving. Baekhyun reached out with his hand and touched Taeyeon’s face, cupping her cheeks. Instantly, her eyes shot opened, her black pupils replacing her whites completely. Baekhyun gasped out of shock and breathed in water. He immediately clasped his hand over his own mouth. Taeyeon’s lips trembled and she spoke.

            You should have saved me…

            Baekhyun sat up from his bed, drenched in cold sweat and panting. He placed a hand over his temple, digesting what he had just seen. He sighed deeply in relief when he realized that it was just a dream. But then, sorrow crept over him as he was reminded of his lover who was still lying on the hospital bed without much hope of waking up.

            Baekhyun looked out of the window by his bed. The sun was not up yet. He stared at the clock on the wall. It showed 5.35am. He sighed again. It was the third morning after Chanyeol’s disappearance. Baekhyun pulled away his blankets and pushed himself off the bed. He rushed into the bathroom to wash up and changed into his usual casual outfit. As he had already done daily, it’s time for another search.

 

        ~   ~   ~

 

Chanyeol opened his eyes and found himself at the beach, where he should be. He had built up some kind of shelter using the firewood he managed to gather around the area and started a fire. Feeling groggy, he stood up on his wobbly legs. With much carefulness, he took a step forward, then another and another.

            He walked along the edge of the beach, playing games with the waves, jumping away just when the water was just about to reach his shoes. He chuckled to himself happily.

Suddenly, something shining a distance away caught the corner of his eye. He turned. The light expanded in size. It instantly become blinding to his eyes. Chanyeol shielded his eyes with his hand. The light kept coming towards him. Chanyeol felt scared but someh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter