EIGHT

MIRACLE IN NOVEMBER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rays of sunlight shot through the heavy curtains and shone on Baekhyun’s face. Rubbing his eyes sleepily, he got up reluctantly and pushed himself off the bed. Slipping into his flip-flops, he headed towards the bathroom to wash up. Chanyeol had made him promise to meet him at his place early in the morning to finish folding the 1000 paper swans.

After changing into casual clothes, he slipped into his favourite sneakers and headed to Chanyeol’s place. The weather was like any other day, sunny and bright. Baekhyun walked along the familiar street that led to Chanyeol’s house. When he neared Chanyeol’s house, there was a strange atmosphere in the air. The wind seemed to be whispering bad news in his ears.

Something isn’t right, he thought. He quickened his pace and ran towards Chanyeol’s house.

Knock, knock, knock…Baekhyun frantically knocked on the door. There was no answer at first. Baekhyun knocked on it again. Yoora opened the door, covering her own face with her hands as she tried to stop the tears.

“Yoora,” Baekhyun said in shock, “What happened? What’s the matter? Are you alright?”

“He’s gone,” she wailed. Baekhyun closed the door behind them.

“Shh…calm down and tell me exactly what and how it happened?” Baekhyun held Yoora’s shoulders as sat her down on the couch.

“I don’t know how or why,” she spoke through her sobs, “When I wanted to wake him up this morning, the bed was empty.”

“Do you have any idea where he might’ve gone?”

Yoora shook her head, still sobbing violently. “I’ve spent the whole morning searching for him but still, there’s no sign of him.”

“It’s ok,” Baekhyun tried to calm her down, “It’s going to be alright. I’ll go find him and bring him back, I promise.”

Baekhyun went upstairs to Chanyeol’s room, hoping to find any clue that may lead to his whereabouts. Colored papers were scattered across his bedroom floor. His bed sheet and blankets were in a mess. Baekhyun approached his nightstand, where the jar of paper swans stood. Above the jar lid stood one paper swan. On the tiny paper wing was written 105th.  The numb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter