|| twenty-one

Another way of vacation
Please log in to read the full chapter

“What’s taking her so long?”, asked a grumbly but actually worried Himchan, his thumb unconsciously tapping impatiently against his phone screen, “has she fallen asleep or something?”

“Maybe she didn’t see the Tigger?”, Zelo asked with wide eyes, slight fear visible in them. 

“Can’t be. I made sure she would see it as soon as she enters the room”, Youngjae frowned, eyes never leaving the door, expecting to see you any moment.

“I can go look for her”, Jongup suggested, body ready to go.

He stopped when the handle of the door turned down, staying like that for a while before the door slowly opened up. The guys quickly stumbled into position, their bodies tense and nervous. Suddenly, their mind were blank, all the things they prepared for deleted from their minds. Something they were familiar with in their rookie years. But now, it was simply nerve wrecking.

“Wow..”, was the first thing you could breathe out when you took in the sight in front of you, actually being speechless, your eyes and glasses reflecting the warm lights of the tee-light path, crossing all over the rooftop. It was amazing, really. The only light source of the night, shining brighter than the few stars on the sky as if they were mirroring them. With the difference in being stronger and more mesmerizing.

You were unsure of what to expect when you walked up the stairs, honestly. The atmosphere with the guys and you changed on your way home, being less awkward than before, overshadowed with concern and worry. You could feel their eyes on you, contemplating of what had happened on the rooftop, but no one pried nor asked even with you keeping your mouth shut. Youngjae hasn’t let go of your hand, holding it tight in his grasp, his fingers twitching now and then. As if he was the one who needed a hand to hold, so he could mend himself and getting over the pain. The muscle in your chest pumped frantically, in sympathy and relief. A heartbreak was never easy, you experienced that yourself.

With a slight tug on your heartstring, you knew he sincerely loved his ex-girlfriend. Yet, he helped you and believed you. You squeezed his hand in return, supporting and thanking him in your own way, looking him straight in the eye, dragging him out of his past. He smiled at you, a mix of pain and assurance. Because he truly was over with her, it was only the angriness which lingered deep in his heart. Which was unnecessary. There was someone else for him now. Someone who was more important than anyone ever could in his life.

And then, they dropped you to Himchan’s sister. 

 

But out of all things, you didn’t expect this.

It took you a moment to take in the guys, who were standing with a distance by the path, as well. Youngjae was up in the front, smiling slightly proudly but with great adoration at you, not interfering, letting you admire as long as you wanted to. The candles actually were burning out quickly, all because of the wind. To cover his jumping-around-and-lightening-up-the-tee-lights-again-members, Youngjae started to approach you, his smile breath-taking, so openly raw, warm and honest. Taking you off-guard, causing your pulse to raise on its own accord.

“Youngjae-sshi what—“

You stocked, surprised and then got flustered. Because you just got shut upped with a peck on your lips. His lips were pressing against yours in the most innocent way you would’ve given to your little cousins. Three years old cousins. A blush crossed your cheeks as you registered that he did that in front of s and you gasped in shock and embarrassment.

Your head flushed harder. Because he did it again, having a cheeky grin on his lips after he stepped back, feeling incredibly satisfied for flustering you more. Your mouth closed and opened up like a fish, the words sticking in your throat.

“Great, you have the sketchbook with you”, he beamed, taking it from you excitedly, “you can go to Yongguk Hyung and Junhong now”

Okay. You were baffled. Confused, you stepped past him, your eyes still on him who skimmed through your book, his eyes absorbing everything like it was the best thing he ever saw.

“Noona! Smileee”

Your “huh?” got overshadowed with a noise of a phone camera with two tall firm bodies suddenly being plastered to your sides, their faces mashing yours in between, soft cheeks meeting each other. And that got you spluttered again as you took in the mischievous grins on their lips afterward.

“Hyung, that wasn’t foolish enough!”, the Maknae giggled, showing the oldest how he should have done it, so that it would be ‘right’.

That made you feel lost, baffled all over. The two of them bundled over the phone like some high school girls gushing over their crushes. But you got over it when you remembered them taking a photo with you and curiosity got the better of you again. That was why you went to your tippy toes, trying to peek through their heads. Even with a few jumps, you couldn’t see anything. 

But a few chuckles further down made you look up, amused Daehyun and Jongup standing a few feet further, watching the hilarious scene you presented them. You didn’t know why and how but suddenly being around them felt lighter, not forced or heavy, not like a few hours before. As if they opened up to you fully, showing all sides of them which they never did before. And it may be of that fact for you to let yourself loose as well. It should be odd actually. Because all this was a stark contrast to the daylight.

Before you could think more into it, the leader and Maknae were next to you again, the phone up high in the air, well as high as Junghong’s arm could get. They were still your favourite group after all and you’ve seen a lot during your stay, especially their cold side. And it had a strong impact on you, for them to be so carefree as they used to be whenever you were not around. You’ve only seen this side of them whenever you got out of the shower, having a tiny glimpse of their true goofy nature (especially when they were playing some games on their consoles) before they closed themselves in front of you.

And just for the principles, you purposely frowned deeply into the camera, mutely demanding an explanation through the display. They however, just had crooked smiles on their lips.

“Come on”, Yongguk propped, nudging you with his elbow, luring out a surprised squeal from you. And the youngest cackled into a fit of laughter again. Puffing your cheeks for being teased too much, you wiggled your way out and marched to the main vocal and main dancer.

“Noona!”, Junhong called in surprise, a light pout in his voice. You turned to him, starred shortly and then stuck your tongue out stubbornly, only to proceed further.

Your stomach swirled in a good way, responding to Daehyun’s and Jongup’s grins. When you halted in front of them, Daehyun started to hum beautifully with Jongup’s voice following. Which made you pretty speechless, actually. Their voices harmonized so beautifully together that you didn’t make out the words, only stared at them with astonishment, listening to every tone they make. Jongup’s singing improvised so greatly that you were dazed by it for a second.  

And it ended too fast to your liking. They shooed you away with silliness, satisfaction and a kind of knowing on their faces. Just like that. With Daehyun pushing an iPod into your hand which looked very similar to yours. But you were too dumbfounded to care, stumbling onto the last person.

Himchan looked nervous, he often shifted from one foot to another, lips tracing over his lips too many times, his

Please log in to read the full chapter