|| twenty

Another way of vacation
Please log in to read the full chapter

The sure smile on her lips vanished the moment Youngjae approached you, steps sure, gestures yet so gentle toward you, taking your face into his palms unnecessarily carefully, s standing behind by the door, worry etching on their faces. Youngjae’s expression even got soft. In the past, he often gifted her with such as well but never that soft.

“What happened?”, he cautiously asked you, brows punched together at the sight of the falter in your eyes and hand by the crook of your neck.

Before you could stammer something, her too sweet sickening voice cut through you guys, clearly in disbelief, “Youngjae.. don’t you see what happened to me? You should help me! HE looks obviously fine!”

To your surprise, you saw Jongup calmly passing you two and helping her up, checking shortly if she got any injuries but didn’t make any attempt to lend her his coat, despite the strong wind being merciless tonight. She was feeling cold, the Goosebumps on her skin told you so. No wonder, you would be freezing in the few pieces of clothes as well.

Her face got a bit sour with the same realisation, though she tried her best to smile through it. Apparently, she needed to be in good terms with s after Youngjae and her get back together again.

“Noona”

“Yes?”, she chirped, smile getting broader for him calling her like that.

“I appreciate it if you stop bugging Hyung”

It wasn’t only hers, whose eyes were almost bulging out, yours as well. Sure, you knew that Jongup was straightforward, you confronted that side of him far too often. Yet, his bluntness didn’t fail to shock you. Though, s seemed to be completely fine (or used) to it. Himchan and Youngjae rather watched them as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

“Excuse me?”, she asked, dragging the words out and was completely confused, her doll eyes widen which looked quite scary.

“Please leave us alone, Noona. Especially Youngjae and Shin Hyung”, he answered straight to the point and matter of fact, even protecting as he glanced at you shortly, “I know that Shin Hyung is easy to bully”, you frowned disapprovingly to that, “but only me and the Hyungs are allowed to bully him, no one else, not even you, Noona”

“B-But…!!”, she protested, stomping her foot in frustration, being careful to still look cute as she pointed a rude finger at you, “you don’t even know him for that long! Who is he to be protected about? I—“

“Hoobae ya”, Himchan interrupted, his deep voice as well as his arm, which swiftly rested on yours and Youngjae’s shoulders startled you so much, causing you to jump between the two of them.

 Himchan sent you an apologetic look but a serious to her, “this silly Dongsaeng here”, he nudged his head at you (you were too bewildered that he stood right behind you to react to his words), “was foolish enough to let himself get accused by people he tried to protect. He never did something that would betray us, not like someone else on here”, he explained, eyes indicating something which she must know well.

Her hands were balled to fists, her teeth grinding in anger, her face got dark but quickly turned to despair, “Youngjae ya! Why do you let them keep saying things to me?! Do something!”

Youngjae moved his eyes from her to you and back to her, staring at her silently for a few seconds. His heart was calm, not erratic as usual whenever they crossed path. For the first time, he didn’t saw the sweet girl he loved long ago, but an idol who changed, more he wanted to admit.

Never had he believed the people around him who tried to warn him. Unintentionally, his fingers slid down to your pulse, feeling it running fast as if you were nervous of his next action. A ghost of a smile graced his lips by the knowledge behind it. The chance of a you and him were far greater he ever hoped for. And he knew how essential this confrontation would be for you guys.  

You held in your breath when you felt him leaving, his body turning to her and your heart almost stopped when he approached her. Subconsciously, you stumbled more into Himchan, scared and uncertain, needing support and to your surprise, he let you, throwing all guilt and awkwardness by side and straightening his body up to lean in, his arm not leaving its place, its weight however, lightened.  

Arranging the strap of her top onto its right place, Youngjae tried it again, letting her pull him in with her doe eyes. He always thought her eyes were like sparkling lights, large and prettty but they weren’t today. And just like before, nothing. He didn’t feel the pull, the urge to slam her against the next best wall and ravish her wholly. The relieved smile almost split her face and he mentally sighed, though it wasn’t as hard as he imagined it to be.  

“Jongup’s right. It’s time to stop this”

“What?”, and gone was the smile, “what do you mean with stop?”

“Whatever left between us”, he answered calmly, “it was over long ago.  I— just couldn’t let go of you just yet”

“Then don’t let go!”, she cried, fingers holding onto him, “we still can be together again!”

Please log in to read the full chapter