|| fifteen

Another way of vacation
Please log in to read the full chapter

A terrifying loud sneeze startled you, causing your hand to slip, your two single brows turning into an ugly uneven monobrow. You frowned, partly because of how you look and partly of the noise. It was unusual for anyone beside you and Daehyun being up this early.

“Hyung!”, you heard Jongup screeching before some banging shook the bathroom-door.

“Shin Hyung! Open up!”

“Why? Can’t you use the other bathroom?”, you asked through the door, busily glaring at the brow.

“Shouldn’t you use the other bathroom? It’s Thursday. You know what it means!”

Oh. You do. That was usually the day where Jongup would take his shower in the morning. Inclusive shaving and all. The flat has two bathrooms. And the one where you always change your attire was the bigger one which automatically has every supplies from the guys as well. The reason behind Jonup’s weekly routine was unknown to you, only he himself and God knew why. That’s one of those moments where his stubborn side was very prominent.

Seeing your mistake, you tossed your belongings into your cosmetic bag and hurriedly opened the door. Jongup just pulled his shirt over his head, showing off those unbelievable abdominals which still brought you that flustered feeling. The annoyance on his face vanished the moment he looked at you, one of his brows lifted in sceptical as he struggled to hold back a snort.

“I’m not going to comment on that”, he said before swiftly slipping into the bathroom. You mumbled an apology as you stepped out and closed the door for him.

Since the second bathroom was on the other end of the apartment, you had to cross the living room. There, you found a devastating Himchan on the sofa, surrounded by used tissues including one in hand, lying almost deadly on the cushions. Another horrible sneeze attacked him, lifting him up from the lying position he was in, only to let him slump back as it ended. You pitied him as a tired groan left his throat while he cleaned his nose noisily again.

“Why am I doing this again?”, he tiredly asked, more to himself than to you.

“Because you love the thrill of this job?”

Only then he noticed you standing there and he ended up chortling on his laugh. You felt your whole head burning red in embarrassment because apparently, your hair was braided firmly on your head, the unibrow was therefore presented like a meal on a silver platter to everyone. Cursing for getting his attention, you willed yourself to stand on your pride and rolled your eyes, quickly stomping into the second bathroom before Daehyun could see anything, who poked his head through the door frame curiously and sleepily, lured by the uncontrollable laughter from his Hyung.

 

 

..ღ..

 

 

You frowned at the thick make-up on Daehyun. Again. This time was because of a few pimples on his left cheek and forehead (including the cut he got from shaving last night and probably the eye bags which somehow get darker and darker each new coming day). The few ones on the forehead were alright, smoothly getting covered by his bangs. It was automatically decided that his hair won’t be styled up for a few days. Since day one, you noticed how really tanned the main vocal was. His skin was darker than you’ve seen in any picture. Your guess was on the false colour of foundation as well as the work of Photoshop.  

You huffed in disappointment because once again, the sickness of callomania was smacked against your face. To match him into the beauty standard, only to sell him better, to raise the profit, he had to change, had to be different for who he usually was. A fact that irked you, making you want to gag.

You just didn't understand people. One side, the community wants to see flower boys, handsome incredible men and flawless stunning women. On the other hand they criticise about plastic surgery because their bias has to be good looking since birth. Which is absolutely stupid because frankly speaking, humans aren’t perfect. They have imperfections, do mistakes but looks and ignorance overshadowed everything and that fact was really depressing to you.

No matter how well South Korea’s media industries sell their beautiful perfect puppets, human in real life still suffer from it.

 

 

..ღ..

 

 

The small smile on your lips died as Youngjae’s face suddenly paled. His hands quickly shot up, clamping over his mouth, his eyes widen in horror as he fled to the next restroom. In your panic, you followed him, leaving his knowing mates behind, only to find Youngjae being bend over a toilet, hurling the food he contained half an hour ago, out. It was close but you were able to hold back the grimace on your face, your stomach however twisted in slight disgust. That didn’t stop you to approach him, patting his back to help him out.

With a tired groan he slumped back and you hurriedly flushed the toilet. Standing up, you filled your empty bottle with water (which you were playing with the whole day in your hands) and carefully helped him to wash his mouth. After pressing the button to flush the toilet once again, Youngjae leaned tiredly against the cabin wall, his face still white and exhausted. A weak faint smile graced his lips as you dabbed his face with a tissue which you slightly wetted with the remaining water he left behind.

“I’m sorry that you have to see that”, he mused, relishing the coolness against his skin, “that must be shocking”

“You don’t say”, you whispered in mock but your eyes were droopy with worry and his heart flutter by the fact that you didn’t back away.

Chewing on the inner flesh of your bottom lip for one or two seconds, you then hoisted yourself up as you stretched out your hand to him (because this was an extreme case, right?), “let’s go back, Youngjae-sshi. Your shoot is up soon”

He looked up at you, his eyes indifferent which was a bit irritating. He placed his hand into yours and it was difficult for you to ignore that pleasant shiver as your skins met. The moment you curled your fingers around his hand, you were yanked forward and suddenly, you found yourself sitting next to him with his head resting against yours, your body tensing throughout reflex. This wasn’t your first time sitting beside him (heck, the two of you sit everyday next to another in the van) but for some reason, your heart decided to stutter uncontrollably in your chest.

The cause might came from the head which rested against your own. Or the broad shoulder which grazed your narrower one. Or the weight which leaned on you. Or the fact that his fingers were by now tangled with yours, his hold tight but gentle. And just now, you realized the difference of the sizes of your hands, how big his hand actually was compared to yours and you couldn’t help the blush.

“W-What—“

“Just for a little bit”, he murmured, a content sigh leaving his lips, “let’s stay like this for a little bit”

You were astonished and speechless for a while. But then your shoulder deflated while thinking what the hell, mentally shrugging them. So you wiggled your body to a more comfortable position, mostly for him but also for yourself. Using your foot, you closed the cabin in case someone will gets his shock of his life.

It seemed like all the preparation you had against his act were futile because you felt yourself melting into goo by the gentle caress of his thumb on your skin. The gesture was so innocent yet intimating and sweet. Something, which was on the top of your list of doing when having a boyfriend. And Youngjae wasn’t one and he never will be.  <

Please log in to read the full chapter