|| eleven

Another way of vacation
Please log in to read the full chapter

She’s doing that again, Youngjae noticed, his gaze automatically landing on you who stood by the window while plopping himself down into the space between the other main vocal and the visual on the bench, allowing the Maknae to lean his head against his knee.

The choreographer allowed them to take a ten minutes break, catching their breaths from the intense choreography. They were learning the dance moves from one of their Sunbae’s song as a special stage for a variety show. It took them half a day to complete it, now it was only a matter of getting every move precisely right.

Absently, Youngjae’s hand was patting the youngest head, stilling the fidgety of Zelo's, his eyes still trained on you. Your head was propped on your hand, your free palm outstretched to the rain outside through the open window, the cold drops wetting your skin.

“She tends to do that a lot, doesn’t she?”, his friend pointed out after gulping down the half-filled water bottle in his hand, “that’s her fifth sigh today”

You do and if Youngjae hasn’t observed you so precisely for the time you spent with them, he would’ve said you were bored. But one time he saw sadness oozing out of your orbs, though that happened through pure coincident. It was obvious that you weren’t showing it on purpose but since then, he always detected that sad glint. No matter how faint and small it is. Just like now.

“She’s weird”, the tallest remarked bluntly, blinking his lids at you, his head a bit crooked.

“I don’t get her”, muttered Himchan, watching you playing with the rain, “whenever we enter a music program, she gapes really widely at every idol she sees. She’s even smiling more with CNBLUE than with us. Is she really a fan of us?”

“I think she is”, the main dancer commented, completing the Maknae line on the floor, his foot tapping annoyingly against Zelo’s tigh with the true intention to get on his nerves. All Zelo did however was to give him a glare, failing its purpose through his big pout and Jongup smirked by it before turning his attention back to the older, “I guess she’s from the quiet side. At least our piece doesn’t get disturbed”

“True. But time’s flying and there’s still no process”, the older groaned, rubbing one of his eyes, giving in the urge to do so, cursing himself about his forgetful mind for leaving behind his drops in the living room, “should we try it with seduction?”

Youngjae did a double take, his brows creasing, eyes wide in disbelief, jaw almost jacking, “Hyung!”

“It might work!”, the older argued as he turned to Jongup, “Uppie, you do it. Your body shape’s the best of all of us”

The said one scowled, blasting a cold glare but didn’t say anything after Himchan pointed out their hard work and their carrier being on the line.

“You guys are talking too loudly”, the leader said, joining his group after he tossed the drenched towel into his bag, “better shut it before she truly hears you”

As if you truly would, your head suddenly snapped to them and each of their bodies tensed immensely by your sudden approaching. Your face revealed nothing and they almost didn’t remember how to breathe.

“You forgot to take your drops today, Himchan-sshi”, you announced, your hand disappearing into the pockets of your hoodie shortly, only to pull out a tube of eye drops, his tube, “please stop rubbing your eyes. It will just worsen it”

You smiled as he mumbled out his thanks and made your way out, just on time for the dance teacher to pull the guys back to practice. Truthfully, you didn’t hear them. It just occurred you now (after days) that Lina actually called someone Oppa beside you. You were so going to ask her about it. Also, you were hungry again.

 

 

..ღ..

 

 

“Are you sure, Hyung?”, the Maknae asked, his eyes shining by the sight of the portion you offered him.

“I wouldn’t have asked you, would I?”, you laughed and proceeded with your chopsticks to place the Kimbab onto his plate as well as on Jongup’s, making sure to use the other end of the bamboo sticks.

“Why?”, came the suspicious question from the older of the two, his brows creased. You however, just gave him an innocent gaze.

“I’m not really hungry and you love these Kimbaps from that certain store”

“Just that?”

“Yes?”, you titled your head, “should there be another reason?”

Jongup pursed his lips, not quite believing you but he couldn’t pinpoint the truth out and you didn’t let him, “you should hurry, Jongup ah. You guys are up soon”

With that he reluctantly followed your advice, thanking you and digging into the delicious food, eying your small smile critically. 

 

 

..ღ..

 

 

A hand nudged you to go further, preventing you to head straight to the women’s restroom. Turning your head with a frown, you stumbled forward to the men’s with Yongguk and Manager Kwon behind you. You realized your mistake and pushed open the door and thanks to the leader, you couldn’t see much because he pushed you straight into a cabin. But you were sure, you just have seen U-Kiss’ Hoon from the corner of your eyes.   

After doing your business, zipping up your pants and flushing the toilet, you weren’t sure when to go out. In panic, you frantically stepped back and forth in the small place, contemplating to go now or later. A knock at the door surprised you and the familiar voice of the person who just helped you, told you that it was safe to come out.

With ducked head, you couldn’t help the tentative and awkward grin on your lips, quickly trotting to the sink to wash your hands.

“Thank you, Yongguk-sshi”, you said, watching his tall form leaning against the wall through the mirror.

“Be more careful next time”

“Neh”

 

 

..ღ..

 

 

Oh wow, that’s a lot of make-up, you thought while having a crooked smile on your lips, your eyes staying fixed on the guys by the set who got their make-up quickly renewed before they could continue the filming.

It was late. Tiresome. But the guys didn’t fail to put on a smile. Half of the time they were sincere, the other half were those professional ones. Nothing to judge for (in your opinion). All of you were craving for two things: going home and rest. Instead of that, you were there, in a large set to film a CF.

And back to the caked faces of the group: it was waaaay too much. More than usual. Yes, their eye bags were more visible than they were before but that’s something to be expected since it was midnight (and they were working their asses off the whole day). Though, it amazed you every time how they can put on a smile whenever a camera was around. And you knew they weren’t in the mood to show a bright face but still do.

Even that much of bb cream couldn’t cover Daehyun’s green face, having consumed too much of that nasty drink and you weren’t able to hold back the snicker. And Daehyun saw it, shooting you a cold glare but you casually shrugged it off as you took a good sip of your water.

 

 

..ღ..

 

 

The road was rough, the location was a bit on the side of Seoul, the ride home longer than usual. Each person in the van was exhausted, but the rutting and shaking prevented everyone of sleep, everyone but you. Your head bumped several times against the window, occasionally between hard and soft bumps, yet you still stayed asleep, obvious to the few taxis following you guys. The only time you woke up was caused through the sneeze of the visual, jolting up only to give

Please log in to read the full chapter