|| twelve

Another way of vacation
Please log in to read the full chapter

“What's that?”, Daehyun asked, watching you eating your oats with yoghurt and small apple pieces one morning, curiosity has finally taken over him to ignore the fact that he’s not eating alone in the morning anymore. And he was sure you’ve eaten a different fruit yesterday.

“My breakfast”, you simply answered and shoved a spoonful into your mouth.

Very openly, his eyes darted from his food to your food then to you, this for several times. Obvious for his behaviour you kept silence, your hand automatically making a new scoop. Before it went to your mouth though, a hand stopped you, directing it to another mouth in the room.

Your jaw dropped as you saw him chewing the food, a scrunching expression destroying his handsome features almost immediately.

“It's so sour! How can you eat that?”

“Ah right, you have a sweet tooth..”, you mumbled, the sweetness of the apple was enough for you, “wait a moment!”, you said and sprung to the cabinets and looked through them. You could swear you've seen it somewhere.

“Found it!”, you exclaimed with joy. Taking the can and a teaspoon with you, you returned to your seat.

Filling your spoon with your porridge, you opened the can of condensed milk and dipped in the teaspoon shortly. Moving quickly, you swung it lightly over the tablespoon, leaving a lot of strings of the thick milk over it.

“Here”, you said as you reached out your finished product.

Biting back a grin, you could see him pondering inside if he should give it a try again or not. In the end, he opened up his mouth and you shoved the food in. Actually, you wanted him to take the spoon to himself but this worked as well. After some moves of his jaws, his eyes widen with astonishment.

“It's good!”, he concluded with a new light in his eyes and took the bowl and spoon from you. Remembering the condensed milk he picked it up as well. Instead of taking the teaspoon to sweeten the food, he took the tablespoon; dropping big blots into the bowl but he didn't seem to mind, eating the food deliciously. You on the other hand pouted, because duh, your food just got snatched away.

And you were too immersed into your sulking to understand how comfortable Daehyun was with you. How it didn’t mind him by the fact that you already used the spoon before he did.

“You don't like sweet stuff?”, he asked with a full mouth.

“I do. But I'm used to eat this without any more sweetening”, you answered casually.

“Why?”

“For losing weight. This is a really healthy dish with lots of protein and it keeps you full for a long time”

“Losing weigh-”, he stopped his questions and turned to the yawning tall Maknae who just toddled in.

“Good morning, Zelo ya”, you greeted.

“Mornin'”, he sleepily answered with another yawn, scratching his stomach almost adorably, “what are you eating, Hyung?”

“Try this, Junhong ah”, Daehyun beckoned and fed the youngest a spoonful.

“It's delicious! What's that?”, the Maknae asked while blinking his eyes rapidly, slowly getting wide awake and you bit your lip, finding him extremely cute like that.

“I don't know”, Daehyun answered honesty, “but Shin made it”

“Shin Hyung!”, Zelo turned abruptly to you, his face nearing yours, “would you make some for me as well?”

“Uhm..”, was all you could say. This sudden closeness surprised you and your mind shut down momentarily as you felt his breath brushing your skin. You simply weren’t used to that.

“Junhong ah”, Daehyun warned, causing the youngest to pout, “please”, Zelo added as a mumble.

Well, that was somewhat cute, you thought helplessly but still nodded your head, standing up to work. In the end the leader joined s, and you made him a portion as well while politely wishing him a happy birthday. Though, it was too much to ask (because you didn’t know how annoying his brother think that Yongguk’s fans are interfering is) you still did, asking him to tell his brother a happy birthday as well. The gaze he was giving you was full of mixed feelings and you couldn’t pinpoint anything from it so you only showed him another smile of yours, this time a bit more genuine.

And then there was this one room full of presents from the fans with different varieties of cakes when you guys entered the company, being ushered to see it. Yongguk quickly made a picture to post it online, telling the fans he received their gifts. The only sad thing was that he couldn’t eat nor open up any of them because practice started and something stirred inside you by the sad glint in his eyes. But wherever he went to, birthday wishes were thrown at him so you think it was half as bad.

 

 

..ღ..

 

 

“Shin ah”, Manager Kang called, causing you to dart your attention from the hard working guys to the man by the door. He motioned you to come over and you did, leaving the loud music and the group plus Kwon behind you, only to follow the manager like a lost puppy. It didn’t take you long to realize that you came back to the room where Yongguk’s presents were.

Shortly after, you found yourself standing there alone, opening one surprise after another, following the introduction you’ve been told to do. Kang asked you to look over them, making sure to have nothing too inappropriate or risky in there. Even with security and everything, there’s still the possibility that gifts from anti-fans slipped in, he declared and you understood and agreed. They were already looked through a few times throughout the day but one more time wouldn’t hurt. You didn’t have other things to do anyway.

You kind of felt bad to do this. It felt like—no it is like you snatched someone’s present during Christmas, ruining his joy to be the first one to open up his own surprise from someone he appreciated (even though most of them were already opened up but still). Most of the contents were Tiggers (and you wondered how many stuff animals Yongguk possessed over the years), but also clothes, games, rare items and other stuffs which were cool.

On the other side (of course), you also found crops, whips, bras and in some boxes. A few pair of undergarments didn’t even match and you weren’t sure if some of them were new or not.

The amount of presents increased throughout the day, you noticed. And you hoped so so dearly that you wouldn’t but you did, coming across with gifts from antis. Most of them were mild threats, curses with unpleasant material things which weren’t too heavy but there were a few which were shocking, making you yelp, dropping those boxes in fear, even traumatize you a bit. Your eyes filled with hot liquid, your pulse racing, chest heaving from the cruelness you thought you were prepared of but you clearly weren’t. Of the capability from those people to be able to do such cruel things out of hatred.

And after the fourth time, you busted out of the room with a green face, accidently bumping into a busy Zelo who on a trainee’s face on your way. The girl immediately run away, preventing you to see her flushed face precisely. Not that you ca

Please log in to read the full chapter