|| thirteen

Another way of vacation
Please log in to read the full chapter

Poor guy, you thought with a pout on your lips, looking down to the sleeping Maknae on the floor. It has been an exhausting day for the boys, being up at 4 am in the morning, running around Seoul from one schedule to another. Just like any other day (which you were used to it by now). If you remembered correctly, there were only a handful of times where the boys could have more than three or four hours of sleep (because sometimes they needed to play on their game consoles). It worried you, but unfortunately you can’t do anything about it. These were the consequences of their job.

Blowing a raspberry, you looked around the room. The two of you were waiting in those backstage rooms of M! Countdown. s and styling Noonas spread out to other rooms, chatting with different groups or people. The youngest stayed behind for being too sleepy and nestled himself on the floor, leaning against the full packed sofa, his long limbs spread out.

With a sigh you pulled your sleeves up, securing them tightly on your elbows and starting to make room on the sofa, your mind being occupied by the events last night. Because of Himchan’s sister, you had to prolong your shopping time. For some reason that didn’t stop Youngjae to still come with you. It was awkward. He made sure to keep a good distance between you two, trying his best not to touch you in any case, to get out that reaction you gave him last time which made you swallow hard, that uncomfortable feeling in your stomach multiplied.

The shopping was short, just buying and then going back, mostly because of their early schedule. However, it was hard to keep in your disappointment as he didn’t buy the banana milk, neither for you nor himself. And that afflicted you hard and you found yourself taking secret glimpses at him. You strangely felt shallow inside by the avoidance he’s giving you. So with hanging head, you followed him silently. The only thing you didn’t notice was that he too, was looking at you in secret, a sadden glimpse in his eyes.

You knew you shouldn’t be bothered by it. It’s the best way to not get attached to any of them. But you knew that you were missing him. And just having the sleeping Zelo in front of you, you knew you were already over.

“Junhong ah”, you cooed, bending over the younger to wake him up.

He didn't stir though, being too engrossed in his dreams. You frowned and stood up, taking out some white gloves of the back pockets of your jeans. One of the rules said, to keep your hands by yourself. But nothing said against emergencies, right? To make sure not to touch him directly you bought these. Also, you couldn’t bear to see the cute giant baby sleeping so uncomfortably on various spots. Putting the gloves on, you fixed your eyes on the sleeping Jello—uhm I mean, Zelo.

With lots of difficulties and sweat you somehow carried the big body of his on the now empty sofa. What a luck that he was sleeping beside it otherwise you wouldn't have made it (without hurting him at least). You fixed his head on the arm rest, also draping his long limbs over the other arm, making sure he was sleeping comfortably enough. A content smile displayed on your lips as you saw a much more relaxed expression on his face.

You crouched down, examining his face. You’ve never had the chance to watch any of them sleeping like this. Whenever he did sleep, you wouldn’t dare to come closer since you weren’t the only one with him in the room. Absentmindedly, your clothed fingers went to his hair, lightly flowing through his soft locks. That reminded you of your mother doing this to you, coaxing you to sleep faster, similar to the gesture you did with Lina. You loved the feeling of her gentle touch on your head, knowing exactly how nice the feeling was.

You immediately retreated your hand as his lips moved and your heart hammered in your chest, afraid that you’ve woken him up by the touch. Tensed minutes later, you figured he was just sleep talking, though you couldn't make out the words. With a slight chuckle you stood up, jiggling your sleeping legs awake. You walked to your heavy bag and pulled out a small blender. You found it in their kitchen in the far back of the cabinet, finding it as a waste for not using it.

So in the morning, you filled your LOE bag with the fruits you cut beforehand in plastic bags along the bottles you've drawn on as well as a can of condense milk with excitement. You couldn’t wait to pull out your idea in action soon enough.

Please log in to read the full chapter