Chapter 9

Behind All Lies

Italic - Thoughts

Bold - Conversation

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Irene's POV

It's been a long day than it should be. I lay down to my puprle queen sized bed as I enter my room. It should be a hangout shopping with my friends not to be a Sherlock Holmes... *sigh* They've been too much close in just a few days! It makes me frustrated in no time but I don't know why? Why I'm being so irritated to her, she's with Seulgi for A DAY while me Seulgi always says that 'next time' like he don't have any time for us to hangout like we used to when weekend.

But in the second thought I'll be honest with you, maybe... JUST MAYBE I'm a bit jealous of Wendy because the time in the parking lot, the time when I saw Wendy walking towards to Seulgi and how she hugs him and Seulgi return the hug,I should be that person not her! I was about to walked to them and apologize to Seulgi that I can't be with him that time. But I stopped when someone or I say Oppa suddenly held my shoulder and tell what was wrong, I just shrugged. And I thought that Oppa saw the situation between Wendy and Seulgi, he's just smiling at me and saying 'Everything will be fine Irene-ah~ Let them be' and I walked away to them like what Oppa said. That day, the figure in the parking lot repeats in my head. How Wendy comfort Seulgi when he's crying. I should be the one whose comfort him when his in bad time of his life. It hurts me when I see a strong person like Seulgi crying for some reasons.  He's a person who always smile whether it makes him so frustrated, stressed, or hurt. Seulgi always makes me smile but me 'his own bestfriend' can't do that. I was about to call Seulgi and tell him if he's okay. The reason why he's like that. I tried to call many times but I failed, only his voice mail that answers me. Maybe I'm the reason why he's been like that.

I want to apologize to him when I saw him in the mall earlier but suddenly it makes me mad to him and jealous to Wendy even more.

Flashback

I walk inside the mall and I see 'The danshin', Sunny together with the 'talking pole and shikshin' Soyoung, 'the one who loves both chicken and Seulgi' Joy, 'the saint', Seohyun and 'the ice princess' Jessica. Yes, they have their own nicknames also for me too.

"Hello, Baechu! (cabbage)" Soyoung greeted and grin at me. What's with her?

"Oh, Hello Irene."

"Goodmorning guys. So shall we go now? I'm hungry. I don't take my breakfast because of you Jessica who calls me every minute to remind me that to come early." I sarcastically said to Jessica who is just giving me a peace sign.

 "Okay, food!" Both Joy and Sooyoung shouted in excitement.

We enter in a nice restaurant and sit in our favorite spot beside the window. We eat our the foods we order and chat, tease and laugh while eating like we don't see each other for a long time.

"Is that Seulgi?" Joy said. I looked where Joy is looking and I see Seulgi. I'm about to stand up and approach him to apologize, what happen to him and ask many more question he must answer! But...

"Oh! Right its Seulgi! But who's is that the nerd together with him. And just looking at them, they're seems pretty close huh." Jessica commented.

 He's with Wendy, and Jessica is right they are close these few days especially yesterday. The image of two figure hugging repeats in my head wondering what happen and why. Why so sudden?

"Irene? Are you okay?" Sunny ask with concern.

"A-ah Yes. I'm okay." While looking to the walking figure infront of me. Holding hands huh?

"I think someone is jealous." Sooyoung teased while looking at me.

"I'm n-" I was about to answer to Sooyoung but Joy interrupt me.

"Hell yes! Ugh! Why is MY Seulgi holding hands with that nerd?!" Joy said to us.

We finished our food and walked outside and start to walked around to buy something I want. Jessica on the other hand together with Seohyun, Joy and Sunny is enjoying their time of shopping so much. Until I saw a familiar guy together with her friend entering a shop. Glasses?

"Ooohh someone is watching them." Sooyoung teased again.

"NO I'm not Shikshin!" I denied.

"I'm not talking to you Baechu." She answered back.

"Then who?"

"I'm reffering to Joy who is watching them too. But earlier I'm reffering to you Baechu, the one who is jealous." She whispered the last part in my ears. I taken aback with her words. I'm I really jealous?

"Of course not!" I said in frustration to Sooyoung who is laughing her heads off right now.

"Stop denying it. I know you have a boyfriend but I also know that you're jealous right now, when he's with someone. I know you for a long time Baechu." She's like I'm-stating-the-fact tone.

"What makes you said that huh?"

"I just know." She gave me a grin. "So, do you want to be a detective?"

"Detective?" I'm confuse on what she's saying now.

"Find out what they're REAL relationship." Sooyoung replies.

"They are just friends Soo." I stated the fact. Right? Right.

"I know you want it too. We can just leave those four girls in their own world." She teasingly convince me. Ugh! Why I'm being friend with this girl?! Aish. But what if Sooyoung is right? The hugging figure pops in my head again. From what happen yesterday and those actions of Seulgi in this past few days it makes me think that he's hiding something from me.

"So what now?" Sooyoung asks again.

"Okay, deal. What happen when they noticed us?" I asks her back. We successfully escape from those four shop-aholic.

"That will never happen, we can disguise duh?" She said while rolling her eyes in annoyance. Disguise? Not bad. We enter in a botique and buy some 'unusual' clothes and even wig, Just for our disguise. It embarassing at the same time but I will endure it for Seulgi. It's for Seulgi!

"Okay, now we are all set. Let's start our investigation!" Sooyoung  cheerfully stated.

Then at a perfect timing I see Seulgi with Wendy in the shop they enter ealier but now Wendy wore only a contact lenses.

"Oh she's the nerd ealier but she's not wearing a glasses now." She stated with a low tone.

"Her name is Wendy, Sooyoung" I said to her.

"Oooohh, Wendy, nice name. Oh Let's go." She said while looking at Wendy.

We sit in a chair in a restaurant across the botique, where Seulgi and Wendy standing. I see them laughing, and Seulgi pouted infront of her he even shows his aegyo to her!!!

"Hey. Are you okay? Do you want to continue?" Sooyoung questions with a hint of concern.

"I'm okay. We're here now, so there's no turning back." I'm not in the mood right now. We waited for an hour or two while Sooyoung is eating her food she ordered. Shikshin. Finally they're stepping outside the boutique with a handful of bags. We follow them, I can't stop my eyes staring at the two figure who is laughing and enjoying their time by themselves.

"You should admit that you're jealous so that I don't force you to do this." Sooyoung said.

"I'm not jealous." I'm not in the mood to argue with her right now.

"Okay, If that's what you say."

I see them entering a salon. He's not the type of person who is going to a salon for a make-up? So I assume that Wendy is the one who is having a make over? But why Wendy do that? Are they having a date? But from what I'm seeing this ast few hours they seem like they just go for a shopping. BUT What if after these they having a date? I'm watching Seulgi at the whole time who is playing with his phone inside the parlor. As soon as I saw Wendy, she change. Not nerdy-Wendy anymore.

"She's the nerd earlier?" Sooyoung stated in disbelief.

I shifted my gaze to Seulgi who seems enjoying his view of 'new improved Wendy'. I can dress and have a make up like that! Or even better! I feel something boiling inside me. Anger? Jealousy? Maybe Sooyoung is right. "I'm Jealous"

"I know I'm right!!! You're jealous! Now you realise!" Sooyoung stated te fact and I just sighed in defeat.

"Let's go." I said to her.

"Hey do you want some ice cream? to cheer you up!" Sooyoung said trying to make my mood up.

"Okay." I faintly smile to her. Maybe ice cream can cheer me up. We change our clothes and again, a perfect timing I see an annoyed Jessica and Joy together with the concerned Sunny and Seohyun when we go to the ice cream parlor.

"Yah! You two! Where have you been? We've been looking for you for a long time!" Jessica frustrately scolded us. I look to Sooyoung with her guilty look.

"I'm sorry, I forget to tell them." Sooyoung whisper to me. *sigh*

"We're just strolling around." I simply said.

"Just please atleast tell us where you're going. You makes us worry!" Seohyun scolded the two of us.

"Okay. As a payment I'm treating you some ice cream? So?" Sooyoung said in a cheerful tone so that they can stop asking what happen earlier. I smile to her and mouthed 'thank you' at her.

"OKAY!" They said in unison.

As we enter the ice cream parlor. Unfortunately for me I see the person I'm mad at but I want to see now.

"It's Seulgi!" Joy excitedly said. I sighed in frustration.

"It's okay Irene-ah~" Sooyoung said with a soothing tone.

We walked towards him. I don't have a choice.

"Hi Sseul."

"Hi Irene." Just Irene. 

"Can we seat here?" Joy asked him.

"Oh hello, yes you can." He kindly said.

"Thank you." we seat in our place which Seulgi is infront of me while Sooyoung in my left and she's infront of Wendy.

Wendy is shocked seeing us in our seat while carrying a tray of two ice cream. I assume that its for both of them.

"I don't kow that you're friends your friends are here Seulgi" she whisperes but I manage to hear.

"Is it okay right?" Seulgi asked. Wendy just nodded.

"I'll order for you guys. Just wait" Sooyoung said.

"I'm coming with you." Seohyun offered.

"Okay."

Meanwhile a silence is around us when Sunny break it.

"I'm Sunny. Are you the nerd earlier?" Sunny said while looking at Wendy.

"I'm Wendy. Hehehe. Yes, I'm 'that' nerd. But how did you know?" She carefully asked.

"You change! I mean a better one. We saw two of you earlier. By the why I'm Joy and that one with the cold aura is Jessica." Joy said.

They talked around, getting to know each other and seems like they became friends. I just eat my ice cream silently not in the mood to laugh around with them. They asked me if I'm okay I just nodded and smile to them.

We bid goodbyes at each other and part ways.

"I'm sorry." I hear Sooyoung apologizes.

"Hey Its okay. I'm too numb not to realize it tho." I weakly smile to her while walking towards our car. And I drive back home. Even an ice cream can't lift my mood up.

End of Flashback 

------------------------------------------------------

Update!