chapter 19

Behind All Lies

Italic - Thoughts

Bold - Conversation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Irene's POV

Ugh! I'm awaken by the loud sound of the utensils in the kitchen and a familiar voices outside the guest room. I prepare myself, lucky me Sooyoung have some extra clothes for me. I walked down straight to the kitchen who I can here some familiar voices shouting at each other.

"Hey, it should be like this." Sooyoung said.

"NO! It should be like this! Can you give me that spoon?" Seulgi said.

"Can you please stop, you can't cook the both of you." Now, it's Wendy's turn to shout.

"Please low down your voice, you said that Irene is sleeping and you shouting like there's tomorrow. What if she's awaken by your voices?" I look to a certain person who is sitting in a stool, pretty familiar tho. I look closely who is that person and I realise that she's back!

"Suzy Unnie?!"

"Irene!" We immediately hugged each other. It's been 5 years had past when she visits us.

"How are you my little sister huh? Is your friends bothering your sleep?" She asked me, I really love her presence.

"Aniyo, Unnie. When do you arrive here?" This time I'm the one who asked her.

"I just arrive here about 10 minutes ago? I think."

"Hey breakfast is ready." Sooyoung said.

"Are you sure that is edible?" I asked them.

"Yah! We're are the one who cooked that if you don't want we're just the one who will eat that right Wan-ah?" Seulgi said and look to Wendy. You don't have to say that!

"I think it's pretty edible." Wendy unsurely said.

"Who said that I don't eat it?" I coldly said and starts eating the one they called food.

"Oooookay, Why don't we eat too?" Suzy Unnie said. With that they also starts eating. Seulgi and Wendy arrive here just 5 minutes before Suzy Unnie arrived. They say that they want to visit Sooyoung and also me since its been a while since we gather. I don't know why Seulgi have to bring Wendy with him? Aish. Again, it hit me... the confession under the three.

"I'm done." I said and stand up. Before I leave, Seulgi stopped me.

"You don't finish you're food." Seulgi said with concern tone.

"I'm full." After that I walked to the balcony and sits to the bench. That confession again. ARGH!!!

"Here." Suzy Unnie handed me a plate of carrot cake. My favorite. She knows me very well.

"I know you want some too. It's your favorite. I get you a slice after those three eat the whole cake." I eat a piece of cake and she just watching me.

"You know now right?" She started the conversation.

"About what?" I asked while eating my delicious carrot cake.

"About our family."

"Do you mean YOUR family?" I said and emphasizing the word 'your'. It's true.

"You know that even your not my biological sister, I treat like my own also with Umma and Appa."

"I know that but why don't you tell me the truth at the first place?" I said and put down my plate and look a her. She just looking at the sky. The weather is fine. Not too much clouds and not too hot.

"To be honest, it's hard for me to do that. What if you know the truth, you leave us. What if you saw your real parents, you leave us. At that time, I always want a younger sister, but Umma can't. The doctor said that her womb can't hold a baby anymore. But when you arrive, God answer my prayer and he gave you to us. After that I don't want to leave you but I need to..." She stop and look at me. Tears are now visible in her eyes.

"... After I leave, I realise that I've been so selfish. I'm a bad Unnie. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being afraid that you leave us. You know that we only have you. I'm sorry for being selfish. But please don't ever doubt our love for you." She said between her sobs. 

"Unnie. I forgive all of you eventhough I'm a bit disappointed but you're the one who take care of me. How can I get angry to you?" I said and hug her. Trying to comfort her.

"Thank you Irene-ah~" She hug back tightly.

"To this case. I'm the one who should say thank you to all the things you did to me eventhough I'm not your biological sister."

"You're always part of this family." She sincerly said while wiping her tears.

"But may I ask you a question?"

"Yes you may."

"What church or center, did you adopt me? I mean where I came from." I asked her. I atleast know where I came from.

And with that Unnie told my past. That I don't actually came from any church or a center. Just a basket with a cloth wrapped around me. Also Unnie proudly said that she's the one who decided what my name is. Irene. Joohyun. Pretty name. She also knows that Umma and Appa are investigating where are my parents from the starts. Maybe they're not selfish afterall.

"So, you know now your past. Are you ready to face Umma and Appa?" she asked. I nodded. Sooyoung is right maybe they're reason is not bad to know after all. The truth.

After the dramatic discussion with my sister Unnie and I bid our goodbyes to them and gratitude to Sooyoung for letting me stay in her house.

We arrived at our house and Umma immediately hug me. Still apologizing but I stop and said that everything's okay now. I thanked them also apologize for my bad behavior last night.

"It's okay my princess. As long as you're safe it's okay with us." Appa said with her usual sweet tone.

"Saranghae Umma, Appa, Unnie." I said and hug them.

"But I need to tell something about your parents." Appa said with serious tone and look to Umma. Umma just nodded.

"What the news with them?" I said with full of hope. I can meet them.

"I'm sorry we did everything we can do but they're dead. I'm sorry." Yes, I'm shocked, I'm sad. I can't even to see them alive and tell them that I'm doing fine.

"It's okay Appa. Can I meet them?" I asked.

"It's okay we can meet them later if you want to."

"Okay Appa. I just get myself ready."

We arrived to a cemetery and I see the tombstone of my biological parents. I looked to my new family and I asked a permission to leave me at least a few minutes.

"Umma, Appa. How have you been?" I said as I replace a decayed flower into new bought flowers.

"You know what I've been well now, It's too bad that I don't even see you in person. Don't worry about me here." Tears slowly appearing in my eyes.

"Are you Bae Joohyun?" Someone holding a broom asked me.

"Ah, Yes." I said.

"Thank God. You've come."

"Wait, What do you mean by that?"

"You're parents always watch you grow up. They want you grow with a healthy life but to them they can't give that. You're family is just a poor family here in Daegu. So they decided to give you to a rich and kind hearted family like them. They're always went every birthday party of yours. I know that because I'm with them."

"But, why they did not show up to me?" I said feeling confuse.

"Because you grow up so well with your new family. They don't want to ruin your perfect life with them. Don't worry they're happy to see you grow up being well mannered and kind hearted. Don't be disappointed because they give you to the other family, because everytime eventhough you didn't know them they did not regret their decision. And you know now, I know that they're more happy because you visit them. So thank you." They're not a bad parents after all. They watch me everytime. I feel a cold breeze hit my skin when I turned my head to say Thank you to the guy but he disappeared. Weird.

"Are you okay now?" Umma asked me. And I nodded.

Maybe I misunderstand the part of the note. I took out the first note again and read the that part.

"New people may come but many people may leave."

The new people are my new family, Umma, Appa and Suzy Unnie. And the people that leave me but stays in my heart are my past biological parents. I does makes sense now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last update for today ^.^ Hope you enjoy. It's pretty dramatic tho.