chapter 11

Behind All Lies

Italic - Thoughts

Bold - Conversation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seulgi's POV

"Can we talk?"

My heart beats fast again for the nth time today. Whenever I see her smile, how she laugh earlier, and the full mnute of our eye contact that makes my poor heart goes crazy. Seulgi, you sould stop! I faced her so we can talk. Wrong move. I see her two beautiful orbs staring at me.

"We're talking right now. Aren't we?" I try to throw a joke to loosen up the tesion I'm feeling right now. I feel like it's going to be a long -very long- night.

"Yah! I mean a serious talk." She said with her serious but annoyed look. Any expressions you make Joohyun-ah~ or should I say Irene. Makes me fall inlove to you even more. So please stop.

"Okay. Shall we go to the playground?" She nodded and we head to the playground just two blocks away from her house. Maybe a little talk can't hurt me right?

It a bit dark right now so we are the only one whose in the playground. We sat in the swing side by side. Like before. We stay silent and no one has the courage to start the conversation.

"So, How are you? Its been a while when we bond together like this. Just like before." Joohyun said with her face hung low when I turn my head to her.

"I'm fine. It's not like we not meet in school. Hehehe." I said akwardly I don't actually like this kind of atmosphere.

"You know what I mean Sseul." Here we go again. I tried to avoid her but as you can see, I can't.

"I'm fine really." I insist.

"So how are you? and you're boyfriend?" I mumble the last part but unfortunately for me she heard it.

"We're fine." She simply said.

"We said to each other that we share our secrets right?" She asked. I no time, I became more nervous than before. I just nodded my head for a response.

"So, are you avoiding me? Is there something wrong?" Now, she looking at me straight to my eyes. It my weakness, her eyes.

"No, everything's fine." I said as I avoided her intense gaze.

"If, there's something wrong, please tell me. I'm your bestfriend." She said and held my cold hand and with her warm hands that I want to feel everyday. I want to feel her warmth. I need her. I love her. But I can't. I quickly retreat my hand. As I realise that I'm just a bestfriend.

"I'm okay." I faked smile at her.

"C-can I ask another question?" She stummered. I nodded my head and encourage her to continue her words.

"Do you like..." I feel nervous. Does she know? "...Wendy?"

End of Seulgi's POV

Irene's POV

"Do you like Wendy?"

"Wendy?" He seems confuse but I heared him sighed in relief when I say Wendy.

I nodded and I see him grab his chin thinking deeply with my question.

"She's friendly," But I'm friendly too. "bubbly," I bubblier than her. "cute," AGAIN, I'm cuter than her! "and I like her presence." Do you want me to accompany you whenever you go? I can better than she does! I can't stop comparing myself to Wendy when he describes her.

"Yes. I do like her."  I froze on my spot. Definitely that is the one I can't compare about me and Wendy. Seulgi likes her. A pain again in my chest strikes me. Why it hurts so bad?!

"She's a person who have a positive aura and everybody will like her." He continued.

"A-ah. I see. Is she the person that you like when we were having dinner?" Curiosity kills me right now. I know I'm hurting with an unreasonable reason but I can't stop thinking who is that girl. And maybe Umma is right that Seulgi actually likes Wendy.

He smile at me and continue. "No. She's not. The one I like or should I better say love is the only person that makes this" he point to his chest area. "beats faster and faster than its explode!" He finished with a dorky grin.

At first I'm relief that Wendy is not that 'girl' we talked about earlier but Seulgi actually loves someone. Now, I feel like something's ripping inside me that I can't explain. This is the first time I experience it and it hurts to the point that I can't breath.

"L-love?" I look at him and he just stares above the skies, watching the star brighting up the dark sky. He just nodded his head and turn his head to me and show his smile. But not a happy smile that I used to. Its a bit sad.

 "Yes. I love her so much that I will do everything just to make her mine, but I can't." He continue to stare at the sky. Making me curious yet jealous who is that girl.

"May I know who is your love one?" I bravely asked again.

"I don't think you will know her. I'm hopeless." He replies to me with a sad tone. I always hate your side of this Sseul.

"Just confess to her! Maybe if you do that she will return your love too! There's no one in this world that will never like you." I encourage him. How funny when I try to help him and actually myself hate now this situation. That he loves someone. But when that time comes, he will leave me for sure to have an own family themselves. And I don't know what I gonna do if that happens. Argh!!! My head hurts!!!

"Even you?" He curiously ask. I caught of guard with his question. Do I like him? I feel weird in my stomach its like the one that I felt when I see Oppa. No, It's not that. Impossible.

"Of course you silly, You're my bestfriend." I quickly recovered and said that to him. He just sent me a meaningful smile than responding to my statement. And stand up from the swing.

"Its getting late. You should go home now. Or do you want me to sent you there?" He offered to me.

"No, it's okay. I can handle myself." I refused.

"So, its that want you want. Then I gotta go. Thanks again for this time." With my sub-concious mind. I feel arms wrapping against my skin. Then I realise that Seulgi is hugging me. It feels like the first time we hug. My heart beats crazy and I don't know what to do. I froze in my spot when Seulgi release the hug.

"T-thanks again. Joohyun-ah~" He repeated and leaving me there standing in the middle of the playground. I unconciously smiled from what happen earlier. And decided to go back home with a smile. You make me confuse again Ddeulgi ah~

===========================================================

Somewhere out there.....

"What are you talking about?" A man ask to the person in the phone.

"I know you know what I'm talking about but for a better explanation you better visit me here, both of you. Mr. and Mrs. Bae." The caller replies with the serious tone.

"Okay. Tell me where." Mr. Bae ask.

"To my office. Tomorrow."

"Okay." Mr. Bae ends the call with a worried face.

"Do you have a plan to tell her, Honey?" Mrs. Bae said.

"Let's see after the meeting, Hon." A worried Mr. Bae said to his wife.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI, THERE GUYS. UPDATE HERE! THANK YOU FOR THOSE WHO COMMENT, UPVOTE, AND SUBSCRIBE MY STORY! HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY!