chapter 7

Behind All Lies

Italic - Thoughts

Bold - Conversation

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Next Day-

Irene's POV

"Ugh~ My head. It hurts. I should not overwork my brain last night." I tried to composed a song last night since I know that our Music Professor will have some twist with his project like last year so, its better to be prepared than being rushed. Also it feels like I want to express my feelings I felt yesterday. *sigh* I looked at my purple alarm clock saying '5:35 a.m.' It's pretty early but I decided to do my usual ritual -getting-ready-to-school-. It's unusual to me because I always wake up 15 mins before our first class starts but now I'm not in the mood since I saw the two 'new friends' being TOO MUCH close to each other.

I finished my ritual and went down to the kitchen.

"Why so early today my princess?" Appa asked while holding a newspaper with a cup of coffee in the table. While my mom is preparing ou breakfast.

"Good morning Appa. Good Morning Umma." I greeted them instead of answering my Dad's question.

"Is there something wrong?" My concerned Mom ask me.

"Aniyo. Just feeling like waking up early today." I said to them and start eating my breakfast. They looked at me with a concerned look. "Don't worry I'm fine." and they just shurgged it off.

"Do you want me to bring you to your school since I nedd something to get there." Appa asked as I finished my breakfast and finished his coffee.

"Uuummm okay Appa. I also feel like I don't want to use my bike I'm a bit dizzy today." I honestly said to them.

"Dizzy? What happen?" I see my Mom with a word 'panic' in her face. I just feel confuse with that expression.

"I think I overwork my brain last night...?" Feeling unsure of what I need to say to them.

"Just don't exhaust yourself too much again. Okay?" This time Appa said to me. Umma just sighed in relief as I said that. Weird~ Maybe they're just being concerned parents. Right? Right.

"Neh Appa. Let's go now?" And with that, Appa drive me to school and I walk to our department then to our classroom. There's almost no students in the hallway since its just 6:14 a.m. in the morning.

"Oh! You're early today." Seohyun said as I step inside our classroom.

"Morning too Seohyun." I sarcastically said to her.

"Hehe. Goodmorning Irene." She said. I look to the table beside me and I always saw the two figure in my head 'the dum bear and his new friend' making my mood gloomy and my blood to boil. And as if on cue.

"Goodmorning Seohyun!"

 

End Of Irene's POV

 

Seulgi's POV

 

"Goodmorning Seohyun!" I gladly greeted.

"Joohyun? It's miracle!" I jokingly said.

"Cut the crap, bear." She coldly said.

I looked to Seohyun with whats-with-her-look. She just shrugged. I sat next to her and I hear her sigh. What's wrong with her. Maybe I'm her bestfriend for God who knows how long but she's a girl or I should lady and most of the lady I guess is its hard to predict their moods. Mood swings. Why do I call myself her bestfriend when I can't lift her mood up. Right? Right. I'll have to make a plan to make her smile and hopefully she didn't have any apointment to her "loving" boyfriend.

*sigh* I was about to avoid her as posible today because of the feeling I have for her. But I can't do that because of her gloomy aura. When she's sad, I was the one who cheer her up! We go to the mall, spent time playing in the playground, anything I will do for her just to see her smile or laugh. My happiness is her happiness but now, she have a boyfriend and no one can beat Mino hyung to any other man including me.

"Attention class!" My thoughts is interrupted by our Music Professor.

"You will have a performance next week and this will be your group project BUT not only your class will perform. It can be a self composition or you can cover some songs but make sure to give it some originality it is part of the criteria. You will have to collaborate with the other sections because this is also their project in my class. It's up to you guys whether how many members but make sure to have atleast one student from the other section is/are included in your group." Our professor said. "If not, you'll know what I can do. Okay Class, dismissed." And jongkily threatened us. 

Soon as our professor step outside the class, group of students starts to gather up. I looked to my left and I saw Irene sleeping soundlessly. Can't you stop being cute?

"Joohyun-ah~" I come closer to Irene and our face are just few inches far. *dugeun**dugeun**dugeun*. Please heart calm down. You should move on! I mentally scolded my poor heart.

"5 more minutes Umma" She mumble in her sleep. Cute. I smile to myself.

"You know that you're not in your house and I'm not your Mom." I said to her.

She slowly open her eyes and blink a few times before I see her eyes widen. She quickly seat properly as she realise that she's sleeping in that position or should I say that I stared to her for a long time..

"You seem tired huh, Joohyun. You did not have a good sleep last night." I said with a worried draw in my face.

"U-um" She nodded.

"That's why you're not in good mood today" I teasingly said. She nodded again. That's gives me an idea! *insert light bulb here*

"Oh. I almost forgot. Our Music professor gave us some project, a group project. I will explain it to you later so, why don't wehave lunch together?" I cross my fingers. Hopefully that she doesn't have any appointments to his 'boyfriend'.

"L-lunch? O-okay." I looked at her with a tint of blush on her cheeks. Nah~ She's not blushing.

"Cool! So, Let's go?" I'm excited since Irene accepted my request. Hihihihi I'm like a crazy fanboy. Aish!

I hold her hand, I felt something like electricity running through mr veins when we doing some skinship. It seems like she enjoy it and she really like skinships with her friends. I dragged her to the cafeteria since our next Professor will not attend our class. They decided that we will have our early lunch.

While we're walking to the hallway I hear some students whispering 'eventhough I always hear what they say'. "They are cute together. I prefer Seulgi Oppa than Mino Oppa for Irene." The girl sudent said. "Irene is very lucky to have Seulgi Oppa." I secretly smile when I those compliment. "Seulgi Oppa! Please be mine!" Some others like screaming my name. I just waved at them and show my smile. And they literary scream "He smiled to me!" "NO! he smiled at me not you." They argued.

It's only my 'fangirls' who is talkative because everyone in the school knows that Joohyun is having a relationshp with Mino hyung and they didn't dare to mess up their relation. At that thought, I was about to let go of Joohyun's hands because maybe some of the students minunderstand us but instead of letting go Irene hold my hand tightly as we step inside the cafeteria.

"U-um What do you want to eat?" I asked her with breaking our hands. I actually enjoying it but I need to stop. I MUST stop this feelings. *sigh*

"Carrot cake and just grape juice. Like the usual." She said.

"Okay." I said and break our hands which is impossible because of her strong grip with my hand.

"U-um Joohyun my hand." I said while looking to our hands.

"Oh. S-sorry." She said with embarassment.

"I'll buy our foods. Wait for me here." I walked to the cashier as I saw a familiar figure.

"Seungwan!"

"Yah! I said don't call me like that Sseul!" She said and shot a glare at me.

"You don't want Seungwan then...." I held my chin pretending to think.

"What about Olaf? Hahahaha" I .

"Yah!" I ignore her glare and start to order our foods.

"Why don't you join us to our lunch?" I asked her.

"U-um Sure." She smile. It's kinda familiar her smile though.

"Can I ask you some 'unusual' question?" I asked her while walking towards our table.

"Sure."

"Have we met before?"

"Hahahahaha. Now you noticed!!" She laughed at me.

"Huh?" I asked in confusion.

"Do you remember when we're middle school. The girl transfer student?"

I try to recall my memories and....

"Ah! I remember! You're that girl?!" She's the cute student that I like. (A/N: Remember in Chapter 3. Wendy is that girl.)

"Yes. we're classmate that year but I moved to other section the other year that's why you didn't notice me." She said with the sad tone.

If you only knew Wendy... You are the who causes our fight between me and Irene that time. I sighed in frustration. We reached our table and I saw Irene frown while looking at me and Wendy.

"Ah! I invited her." I simply said. While Irene just glare at me then ignore me while I explain to her our group project. She just nodded or just answer me a simple 'Okay' *sigh*

"Oh, Seungwan you want to be grouped with us?" I know that she is not comfortable with her other classmates. It's not that she didn't have friends. Her friends are in Canada. She's American.

"Is that okay?" She carefully looked at Irene who is silently eating her carrot cake.

"Hmm? Oh. It's okay Wendy. You can join us." Irene simply or forced said to us.

"So, when do we start?" I asked to them.

"Since our performance is 2 weeks from now. We should start to compose our song." Wendy said.

"Ooohhh. What about this Sunday? To my house since I already working on our song." Irene suddenly said.

"Already?" Me and Wendy both said in chorus.

"Yes. So This Sunday?" She asked us again.

"Okay." We both said again.

 

-After Lunch and Class-

Time flew fast and now its dissmisal time I have a great time earlier at lunch time, we chat sometimes laugh but Joohyun is still gloomy.

"Joohyun. Y-you want to grab some snacks before we go home?" I nervously asked her. But suddenly...

*Beep**Beep* Her phone beeped and I think I know who that is. I looked outside and I saw Mino hyung waiting to the gate.

"Sseul-"

"Ooohhh. I think I know the answer. Hehehehe. Okay just see you around. Bye." I tried to hide my feelings right now but when I step outside our classroom I feel my tears will drop by anytime right now. DON'T ASSUME that she accept you're request again you KANG SEULGI. I lower my head. I didn't realise that my tears that I prevent to fall are now falling as I go to the parking area to get my bike. It hurts.

Fortunately for me no one is here now. But I'm wrong...

"Hey.. SSeul? Are you okay?" I hear someone with a concerned voice calling me.

"W-wendy?" I looked at her with tears in my eyes. And I hugged her. I let my tears falling in her embrace.  This is something I need a warm comfort right now.

"From what I'm seeing, you're not okay. Wanna talk about it?" Wendy carefully asked me while I released our hug and I just shake my head.

"Don't worry I'll be okay." Trying to smile so that she won't worry about me.

"Okay. Just if you need someone to talk to don't hesitate to call me. Please don't cry again. It hurts." She mumble the last part but I manage to hear that.

"Thank you." I smile again and hugged her to show my gratitude.

"You're always welcome." Wendy sincerly smile to me. I'm glad having her as my friend.

Little they not know that there's a certain figure watching themand silently walked back with a sad and jealousy on its face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 It's been awhile. I'm here again! Hope you enjoy this chapter. ^-^