chapter 21

Behind All Lies

Italic - Thoughts

Bold - Conversation

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooyoung's POV

I knew it! She's been involve all this time. The time I saw her writing someting in that piece of paper that Irene have. And her penmanship, It's similar. Why Sunny? Wae?

Flashback

"Sunny, wait." I said running to her and hold her wrist preventing her to walk further. She seems troubled.

"Oh, Sooyoung. What are you doing here?"

"I just want to ask you some question. Are you the one who gave Irene some notes?" I look straight to her eyes wanting to know the truth. With that, her eyes went wide and began to panic.

"W-what n-note? I don't know what are you talking about."

"I know you know what I'm talking about. Sunny. Why are you doing this?"

"I don't think you're in the position to know my reason Ms. Choi."

"Why not?"

"If you want to it, you shoud use your connections Ms. Choi. Is that all you need to ask me? If that so, I need to go." I look at her with her my confuse face. She leave me without uttering any word. Connections? What does she mean by that?

"For you to have a clue, Blood is thicker than water. It think you know that. Just think about it." She finally said before she completely disappear in my sight.

End of Flashback

"Oh, you seem troubled Youngie~ You'll drown if you continue to do that." Someone tap my shoulders that makes me wake up from my thoughts.

"Siwon Oppa." Yes. He's my brother. Bae Family's private investigator. I'm now in our house, in the sala specifically watching some random shows.  Because of him, I am able to know Irene's past. He trust so that he let me to see his works. Sometimes I see it accidentally or intentionally.

"What's that Oppa?" I notice that Oppa is holding a brown envelope. Curiousity kills the cat but not me.

"Oh this. Uncle, wants me to investigate all of his investors and some other business partners or not involved in his business or his investors." I take a look at the papers inside the envelope. I take a look at someone familiar. She's the one I see in my cafe with Sunny.

"Lee Chaerin?"

"You know her?"

"Ani. I just saw her in my cafe."

"She's the one who manages one of the of Lee corporation in Los Angeles. I'm impresed with her because she's a bit younger handling a business but not too much. Her father is the one managing here in Korea which is nearly closed."

"Wae? What happen?"

"After a year, some of their investors move to Uncle's company that's why their business is at risk now. In just a month their business will be bankrupt." Siwon Oppa explains me.

"Ooohh."

I walked straight to my room then infront of my computer. I search who is that 'Lee Chaerin' and what is her relationship with Sunny. After some few minutes of browsing the internet. I saw something that answers my questions.

"Lee Chaerin. Siblings: Lee Joohyun and Lee Sunny"

End of Sooyoung's POV

Irene's POV

I'm here at the school garden, some teachers are having their urgent meeting. I'm sitting under the tree, thinking what happen this past few days. I should thanks the one who give the notes tho. After some time thinking, I decided to go to our room but I need to get some stuff in my locker.

Before I open my locker I notice again a paper clamped to the door of my locker. It can't be. Note again? I nervously open the note and read what's inside. A hand written note, like the other three.

"I think this is how we ended. If you want to see me. You know where to find me. Just think. Bae Joohyun."

What kind of note is this? I know its for me because that my name written on it. But where is 'that' place. I open my locker and something fell. It's Sunny's notebook. I get the notebook and intensionally open it. It's her reminder's notebook. I look at her notebook, the notes written in it. It similar. I took out the previous note earlier and compare it. It's the same, their penmanship. No way.

"Hey Baechu! What's with the face?" Sooyoung sudenly popped out in front of me. Is she some kind of ghost?

"Yah! Stop doing that!"

"What's that?" She curiously looking to the notebook and the paper I'm holding. "A note again?"

"Y-yeah. But I think it's over now. And I think I know who writes this note."

"Oh you do?" She said in her teasing tone. Is she making fun of me? This is serious topic you know!

"Yes, And I'm going to meet her now." I said with straight voice.

"Can I go?"

"Why would I let you?"

"Because she's my friend too." She knows? "I told you before. I.KNOW.EVERYTHING." She said with confidence in her voice.

"Aish. If you know everything, then why do you want to come with me?"

"It's simple, I want to hear her explanation coming out from ."

"Aish, okay. I know where is place we will meet her." I said and walk towards our favorite place, the garden. Which I see Sunny just sitting in under the tree with her earphones plug in her ears. This is the place where we meet each other and when we have free time, we have some small picnic here. I remove her earphones to catch her attention.

"Sunny, can we talk? I mean right now." I said while waving the note that I receive earlier.

She sadly smiles at me and says "Sure. I think its time too." She mumble the last part but I manage to hear it.

She look at my back where she can see Sooyoung who is just few inches away from me.

"What is she doing here?"

"Oh tha--"

"I just follow your advice Ms. Lee. To use my connection." Sooyoung smiles at Sunny.

"So, where do we start?" I said and we sit beside her.

"I don't know, why don't you ask some questions to me? Why don't you just hurt me the way I did to you?"

"I know you didn't mean it." I lean to the tree and look up to the sky. It starts to get dark right now.

"Why?" That's the only question fits in this situation. To know her reason. To know the truth.

"To be honest, I don't know why I did that. Maybe you think that is it too much envy? Because you have a perfect life and I didn't? Aniyo. It's not that. You know at first we became friends and the others, I'm happy. After those long years hiding from the people. It's first time I feel so happy. But in some point, my sister is important to me the most. I can't be happy when I see my sister suffering. I want to help her. This is the only way I can help her. She's too blind with anger. She all want is revenge and I help her to make her happy. But what I feel now, is beyond horrible. I'm sorry Irene. Please forgive us. I'm sorry." She explains breifly with her eyes full of tears. Begging for forgiveness.

"What did I do to make her angry like this?"

"I-it's because of money, business and to my sister."

"Your sister?"

"Her name is Lee Joohyun, Mino's former girlfriend." My eyes went wide, my brain trying to sink in the words they say.

"T-the o-one.."

"Yes, The girl in the accident." Now, I understand. All this time, it's because of the past that they can't let go.

"I'm sorry."

"You don't have to say that. Actually, you don't have to involve in this situation. Even to the business, Unnie just to depress that time so she can't manage our business well that's why many investors leave our business."

"You know what, if you don't do this note thingy. Maybe I'm the one who is blind from the lies they showed me."

"There not lies, Irene. The just secrets, you have to know. To know your true self."

"Is this the reason why give me the first note? To warn me?" She look and smile at me.

"I forgive you and CL Unnie. Thank you for helping me to know the secrets I need to know. Don't worry about your business, I'll tell Appa to help your family business."

"Thank you so much Irene. Thank you." We both hug each for some few minutes. I see Sooyoung stand up while lookig the two figure approaching us. Mino Oppa and CL Unnie.

"Unnie." Sunny muble between her sobs.

"Sunny. I'm sorry. If I only know." They both hug each other. I look to Mino Oppa and smile. I hear Sooyoung muttered something.

"Blood is thicker than water."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE! UPDATE! I'm sorry if there's no Seulrene here. Just wait a little more.