chapter 15

Behind All Lies

Italic - Thoughts

Bold - Conversation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mino's POV

I am walking towards the gate when I see a familiar figure inside a car passing me by. Impossible. She's back. I am out of the real world when I always trying to think if I saw her just now. She's different. I unconciously walking when someone bumped into me.

"Oppa." She's crying.

"Hey, Irene. Are you okay?" Its rare to see Irene cry. So its a big deal for me if Irene is crying. She just nodded and quickly wiping her tears.

"You can tell me everything. What happen? Who hurt you?"

"Ani. I'm okay Oppa." She's too stubborn to tell me.

"Okay." I see Joy approaching us, running.

"Hey, Irene. Are okay? Why did you run so fast?" Joy said while trying to catch her breath. Run from?

"I'm okay. Joy you don't have to worry about me." She said and forced a smile. "Oppa, Joy I need to go home now."

"Let me accompany you to your home." I offered.

"Ani. Its okay Oppa. I want to be alone for now. I'm sorry." She said in not so happy tone. That makes me more worry about her.

"Okay. Text me if you already home. Arraso?"

"Okay. Oppa" And with that Irene left us with her gloomy face.

I looked at Joy with a worried face same as me then changed into panic face.

"Mino ssi, I need to go to." Joy said to me but I stopped her. She knows something.

"We need to talk. Are you free after your business later? Its about Irene." I breifly explain myself to her.

"Okay. Jus meet me at the RV Cafe across the streets give me 15 minutes and I'll be there." Joy said and I agreed.

At the RV Cafe

I waited for Joy and exactly 15 minutes I see Joy entering the cafe.

"Hi Mino ssi."

"Hi Joy. Just call me Mino. Order first."

We ordered our drink and their special red velvet cakes.

"So, Can you tell what happen earlier?" I seriously asked to Joy who is a bit hesitant to aswer me at first.

"You're not a type of jealous boyfriend right?"

"Huh?"

"Answer me first."

"It depends."

She sighed in nervousness and continued what she's saying.

"I think Irene likes Seulgi."

"I know that. There bestfriends right?" Joy just stared at me with her meaningful gaze.

"No.. I think you misunderstand that Joy. Irene loves me." Its impossible. I try to convince myself that Irene loves me. Right? Or its just what I thought.

"Look, Wendy confessed to Seulgi." Joy explains.

"So what's the connect of those two in this conversation?"

"Irene was there. And Seulgi said that she loves Wendy too. But as a friend. Before Seulgi said that 'friend' part she ran away crying. And you know what happens next."

"And because of that, you think that she likes her bestfriend?" I asked her trying to deny everything.

"I know you know those stares of Irene when she's with Seulgi. It also the same thw way you look at her." She paused and I nodded to continue her words.

"And also when they sang their song, I know you're there watching them. Right?" I just looked away. She's right. All those stares and attentions she's giving to him that used to be mine, I know that. I just deny it because what if someday she'll leave me.

"How pathetic I am, right? She loves someone and that's not me, her boyfriend."

"I know you love her but please consider her felings too. I know you're hurting but she's hurting too. You can't stay like this forever. Maybe different love she's having towards you and Seulgi. She just numb not to notice it fast."

"Too numb. What do you think I should do? I don't want to lose her." I said desperately.

"You won't lose her, She will always there but just a friend. Try to accept that."

"I'll try just give some time Joy. Please I'll try to bring my Irene back."

"Don't be too slow. May I remind you, all you three are hurting right now. Make choices that you won't regret." Joy reminded me.

"Thanks for the reminder Joy."

"So, I'll leave first I need to do something. Bye and Good luck."

"Bye." I leave also after 10 minutes of thinking what happen to us, and what will going to happen.

I walk to the park and I see afamiliar figure in the swing. Pretty frustrated and sad.

"Irene."

End of Mino's POV

Irene's POV

I'm here at the park, sitting in the swing thinking what happen earlier. I can't stop thinking about Seulgi. I thought she doesn't love Wendy in that way. 'Wendy, I love you...' That words that repeating in my mind. And I see blurness in my sight feeling like it will drop in any second now. I quickly brush it off.

"Argh!!" I ruffled my hair with my both hands.

"Irene." I hear someone called my name. A husky one. I looked around and I see Oppa. I thought it was Seulgi. I'm a bit disappointed? Aish.

"Disappointed?" He said.

"Ani. I'm a bit surprised. Why are you here Oppa?"

"Should I be the one who asked that? I thought you're going home, what if someone hurt you here." He said with a lot of concern. Just like Seulgi.

"I'm okay Oppa. I just need to think some stuff."

"Would you like to share it to me?"

"U-uumm." I caught off gaurd I don't know what to say.

"It's okay if you don't want to share it just say if someone hurt you. They will taste the fierceness of your boyfriend." And it hit me... I have a boyfriend. I can't have a feelings like this towards to Seulgi.

"A-ah. Ne."

"So, do you want to go home? Its a bit dark." He kindly offered.

"Okay, Thank you Oppa" I'm sorry too.

"You're always welcome to your Oppa. Shall we go?"

And we walked holding hands. I don't feel like a electric that flow through my veins when he touches me unlike with Seulgi. When Oppa smile at me, it just a normal smile for me. But when Seulgi showing his eye smile to me my world stops. I just want to see his smile evryday, every hour, every minute, every second. But I can't. He have Wendy, and I have Oppa. I can't do this. I don't want to hurt them. Just because of my selfishness. I must stop this.

"We're here." I don't realise that we're at infront of our house. 

"Thank you again Oppa."

"No problem my princess. You that I do everything for my girlfriend." He said with his loving tone.

"I love you." He said and peck my lips.

"Me too. Oppa." I turn my head and I see Seulgi to the entrance of our house holding the door knob, looking at us.

"Oh, you're here, Irene." Seulgi just look at me then to Oppa. "with Mino hyung." He continued.

"Y-yeah." I akwardly said trying to stop this tension and this invisible electicity between their eyes.

"Oh, Irene, Mino, why don't you come in." Umma offered us.

"Is it okay with you Auntie?" Mino kindly said.

"It's okay since you're my daughter's boyfriend. You're always welcome here." Umma said while we entered the house.

"I think I need to go Umma. I forget that I need to do something." Seulgi said and makes me blush when he call my Mom 'Umma'. Since Seulgi is my bestfriend and we're together almost our whole life Umma treated Seulgi as his own son and Also with Seulgi. Our family is pretty close too.

"But you said that you will have dinner with us that why you waited Irene here about two hours." He waited for me to go home just have a dinner with me? I mean with US? But what happen to him and Wendy. You confuse me or I just confuse myself, making things complicated. Assuming something that is not mine.

"I'm sorry but I need to do something important. Maybe nest time Umma. I promise." He said and grab his bag and immediately go out to our house.

"Seulgi wait.." I follow him. I don't know why I do that.

But to my disappointment he's already gone.

"Hey Irene, Are you okay?" Mino Oppa said. I just nodded my head and heading back to the house.

It's been a normal dinner for me, just some discussion about me and Oppa. I've been silent through the whole dinner. I just kept thinking about Seulgi.

"Thank you Auntie, Uncle for the delicious dinner" It should be Seulgi.

"You're welcome. Mino. Irene why don't you accompany your boyfriend outside the house." Appa said and I just look at him with a tired look.

"Ani. Its okay Uncle. You don't need to that Irene. Goodbye." And with that he exited our house and I walked straight to my room and texted Soyoung.

To Sooyoung:

'Let's talk tomorrow. Emergency.'

What I'm going to do now?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surprise update! Hope you like it. I just thought that I have silent readers here~~~  Free to comment, subscribe and upvote!

Thank you angain for those who comment, upvote and subscribe.