chapter 16

Behind All Lies

Italic - Thoughts

Bold - Conversation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Irene's POV

I'm here at RV cafe, Sooyoung's own cafe. I'm waiting for Sooyong to come my mind and my feelings is a mess since yesterday, I want to clear something maybe Sooyoung can help me right now.

"Irene." Someone called me and when I turn my head I see Sunny with a tall blonde haired girl beside her.

"Hi, Sunny."

"Oh, This is my older sister, Lee Chaerin. Unnie, This is Irene, my friend." Sunny introduced us.

"Hello you can all me CL, nice to meet you. Irene." CL said and offered her hand with her intense ye meaningful gaze on me.

"Nice to meet you too. CL Unnie." I kindly accept her hand.

"We gotta go, Irene. Bye." Sunny bid their goodbye with her Unnie. Weird.

After 5 minutes more of waiting, I see a short haired girl entering the cafe.  

"Baechu, Sorry for waiting." Sooyoung seated across my seat and ordered our food.

"It's okay." I weakly said to her.

"What do you want to talk about? You said its emergency."

I breath deeply then continue my words.

"I don't know what's happening to me."

"Is it about Seulgi and Mino?" She plainly said like she knows eveything. "I know everything Irene. Also when you misunderstand everything that happen yesterday."

"Yesterday? About Wendy and Seulgi?"

"I think you better ask Seulgi about that matter."

"Why would I do that?"

"Is that the reason why I am here? Right?" She's right.

"Sooyoung, I'm confuse. I don't know what to do anymore." I frustrately said.

"Answer me HONESTLY. What the feeling when Mino smiles, touches or even kisses you?" I think deeply with her question.

"At first I feel happy, I feel electricity though my veins, butterflies in my stomach, feeling of being loved but now..."

"Now?"

I recall all the scenes when Oppa is being clingy, when he peck my lips, when he holds my hands yesterday.

"Nothing."

"Do you love him?"

"Yes, I did love him."

"What about with Seulgi? When we saw him with Wendy? When Wendy confess to him?"

The two figure reflects in my mind. I hate whe I remember what happen yesterday.

"I felt..." Anger? No. "... jealous. I want Seulgi just look only at me, I want Seulgi to say those words only to me." I stop when I realise something.

"What words?" Sooyoung smirk at me.

"The words 'I love you'." Do I really love him?

"Do you realise now? Gosh. Irene! Its been months when you realise that!" Sooyoung said in disbelief

"What should I do? This can't be happening. What about Oppa? Wendy? Seulgi?" I panic when I'm thinking what will happen after this.

"Don't worry about Wendy, First thing first. Your boyfriend, I think you 'love' for him is just like what Joy having for Seulgi at first. You know, admiration nothing more. But for Seulgi, its different. A true love perhaps? Maybe you're numb that few days had past but now, you're awaken about you true feelings for him I think you should make a move about your boyfriend. You should tell him the truth. If not, you'll know what happen next." Sooyoung give me some advice and Yes, I'm numb and dumb not to realise it faster. .

"What should I do?" As if on cue, my phone rang.

*Sunny Calling*

"Yeoboseyo?.... Wait, Calm down.... WHAT?" I hang up the phone and quickly get my bag and go to school. Sooyoung followed me.

I see a bunch of students and I stop when I a familiar voice shouted.

"Yes, I played with her heart!" I took a step forward towards the commotion.

"How dare you to do that?!" Another manly voice shouted. I see Seulgi punches the other man. What's happening here?

"I don't ever love her! I just use her to moved on with my past love!" This can't be happening. No its not true. I realise the other man is Mino Oppa.

"You jerk!" Seulgi was about to punch Mino Oppa I hold his hand while my head hung low. Tear are visible now in my eyes. I did love him but he never love me. Am I the only one who assume that he loves me back after those dates we had, every skinship we had? Its all lie.

"Joohyun."

"Irene." I heard Mino Oppa whispered. But I sense that there's ahint of conserned in his voice. I'm sure.

"Please stop." I weakly said to them. I release my grip to Seulgi's hand and run away from the students around us. Sooyoung shouted my name but I ignore her. I want to be alone now. Why did he do that? I'm still hurt. Eventhough I love Seulgi, I did love him too. Hearing that statement coming out in his mouth makes me feel betrayed. The 'fairy tale' love story is just a lie. There's no such a thing like that.

"Joohyun-ah~" Someone called me, the sweetest voice I hear.

"Sseul." I look up at him I'm here at the swing. When I'm sad I always go here to release my stress. I stand up and hug him tightly. Still crying.

"Why did he say that? I'm hurting. Am I too assuming that he loves me back?" I said between my sobs.

"Everything's gonna be alright. I'm sure with that Jooohyunie." Seulgi said with her soothing voice. Are you hurting too Sseul?

"It's hard for me to see you cry. So smile, you're ugly when you cry." Seulgi teased me that makes my mood lift up even a little.

"Thank you Sseul." I hug him tightly. I miss his warmth.

"What are bestfriends for, right?" Bestfriends? Is that what we are?

End of Irene's POV

Mino's POV

I feel horrible right now. I hate her. I hate myself for doing that. I look at her with a smirk on her face.

"Is that what you huh? CL?" I angryly said to CL. If I don't do that many things might bad happen to Irene.

"Why? I don't say that you should do that."

"But if I don't do that she's the who will suffer right?" I said like the matter of fact.

"Maybe. My sweet revenge is ruined because of you." CL sarcastically said.

"Can you please stop this nonsense fight. We're over. And she doesn't know anything about us."

"Oh really. Why don't you ell her in the first place? Is that because she doesn't accept you if she knows the truth?"

I caught off guard with her words. I know she's right. I'm a horrible person no one will accept me.

"Unnie, Mino ssi. Here are your drinks." Sunny said to us while holding a tray of two orange juice.

"Are you also involve here? I thought you're Irene's friend? How can you do that to Irene?" I asked her. She just lower her head while putting our drinks in the table.

"I'll make her do that. We're not done yet. Don't worry after this we don't bother her anymore."

"You're not yet? But I broke up with her! What Irene did to you? That makes you mad at her and do this to her?!" I'm angry right now.

"Because of her family, our family business is now suffering because of their business."

"And you make her suffer because of your family business?"

"Why not?! I can do whatever I want to do."

"I won't let that happen."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry fo some 2ne1 fans out there. Don't worry this is just the first. Hope you enjoy my update.