chapter 17

Behind All Lies

Italic - Thoughts

Bold - Conversation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N: This is the part of Mino's past that's why he's unacceptable.)

Flashback

Author's POV

A boy was about 18 year old of age was drivng a car fast in the highway with her girlfriend.

"Who's that girl your talking with earlier?!" The girlfriend was furious but the boy is not affected.

"I said that she just ask me for some direction. She's a foreigner, she doesn't know where to go." The boy defended.

"Mino please I know she just flirting with you. And now you defend her!" The jealous girlfriend said.

"How many times I say that she's just a stranger for me?!" Mino said while he's holding the steering wheel tightly.

"Do you think I believe what you're saying to the one I saw?!" There's no one can stop his jealous girlfriend.

"Stop this car!" Her girlfriend commanded.

"Why would I do that?!" Mino said. 

"I texted CL to pick me up here so please stop this freaking car!" And with that Mino step on the break bt the car didn't stop. Sh*t.

"I said stop this car!"

"The break don't work."

"WHAT?!"

Mino try to stop the car by stepping again and again to the break but no use. He tried to use the emergency break but its too late. A loud crash was heard to the silent highway they take.

*BBBBLLLAAAAGGGG*

Everything went silent and blank until a car was approaching to the couple.

"Unnie!" CL shouted and call the ambulance immediately.

A sound of ambulance and a girl crying is only heard to the road. According to the nurses who checked both of the patients, the girl is dead on the spot because of the huge impact that hit in her head. But the boy survived from the accident. Mino's had a trauma and also blame himself to what happen to them but he recovered because of Irene. He able to face his biggest fear and learn how to move on.

But after the accident CL promise to herself and to her sister that she will make Mino pay what he done to them, for CL the reason why her sister died is because of Mino. Then CL went to America and learnt what she need to know and plan everything she need to do. The time past by, their family business starts to suffer because of some investors who leave them and go to Irene's family business. As for inocent Sunny who is very young at that time, CL encourage her to hold a graudge to Mino and Irene's family.

That's why until now, CL starts her plan by making Mino and Irene suffer.

End of Flashback

After the incident the school is a bit chaos right now, some student wants to know what actually happen but some are not interested. For Irene she avoided the issue and also Mino. But for Joy, she wants to see Mino and hear some explanations coming out from his mouth. They're at the cafe when Joy saw Mino drinking his coffee.

"Mino, let's talk." Joy approaches Mino.

"What do you want Joy? Is this what you want right? You want me to broke up with Irene." Mino said with an annoyed expression.

"I know that it not true that you never love Irene, right?"

"Why do I have explain myself to you?"

"Why not?"

"You know what you're right. Irene doesn't love me."

"Yes, maybe she doesn't love you but she did love you that's why she's hurt when you said to the whole world that you never love her. And also I don't want what you did. Yes, you broke up with her but in a wrong way too."

Mino is still silent that moment thinking what he did. In some point he realise that maybe he's right doing that because of his past.

"Please think what I said. I said to you that make the decision you won't regret." And with that Joy stands up and leave Mino still deep in his thought.

"What did I do?"

End of Author's POV

-On the side-

Irene's POV

"Irene please just finish your food." Umma pleaded when we have dinner.

"I'm sorry Umma. I don't feel like eating right now." I said. Its been a week since that incident and I received a note again, the same paper, the same penmanship but different content.

"Enjoying my first gift? Don't worry I have more gifts left just for you. Just wait. Be patient." I don't know but I have a bad feeling for this note. 

"Is that because of your boyfriend?" Umma asked me again. "Or is there something more?" I just stay silent. Yes, Umma knows what happen to me and Mino Oppa. I remember what she says to me that night.

Flashback

I enter our house with a gloomy face with a trace of tear coming out form my eyes.

"Hey honey, what happen?" Umma immediately approach me. In no time I cried again. It hurts to feel betrayed.

"Mino Oppa said that he doesn't love me."

"Hey, It's okay. Everything's gonna be alright. I don't know what exactly what happen but last night when I saw him, I know he loves you too. I don't know what happen maybe something might happen or change between the two of you." Umma explains with her soothing voice.

"But why did he need to do that?"

"Everything has its reason, honey."

End of Flashback

Everything has its reason.

"Do you want Seulgi to come here just to feed you?" My thoughts are interrupted when I hear Seulgi's name.

"Ani. Appa. I'm okay." And start to eat my foods with a tint of blush on my face. The dinner is finished I walk staight to my room and again analyse the notes that give to me. For the first note, it's just like a reminders, a guide. But when I see the second note, It's more like a threat. What she means by gifts? Is that what happen to me and Mino Oppa? Is that the meaning of gift? Why they did it to us? I need to know who's writing this notes. Maybe this person knows what really happening and can ansers all my questions. I want to know the truth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short update. Hope you enjoy this update. If not, I will do better next time. Bye~