chapter 10

Behind All Lies

Italic - Thoughts

Bold - Conversation

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Irene's POV

-Next Morning-

"IRENE! Wake up. You have guest." Umma shouted from our living room. Ugh! It's Sunday for pete's sake! I can't sllep well last night thinking about that stupid bear! I get off to my bed and walked down straight down to the living room without changing my sleeping attire (oversized t-shirt and a bear patterned pajama) while holding my favorite purple pillow. Who's the guest by the way? On my way to the living room, I stop in way and stared at the two familiar -very familiar- figure sitting on the sofa. OH Sh*t. I forgot!

"Oh, Goodmorning Irene." Wendy greet me first when she turn around and realise that I've been standing there. She actually change, she's wearing now her blue contact lenses.

"Oh, Morning Irene." Seulgi smile at me but not his usual smile he given to me. But I feel something strange in my stomach when he smile at me in this early in the morning. I wish he smile at me like that every morning in my life.... Wait what? I stare at him directly into his eyes, none of us want to broke our connection.

"Irene, why are standing there? Go and change. They said that you will have a practice about your project, right Seulgi?" Umma told me while carrying a tray of bread and two glass of orange juice. Seulgi just nodded his head. That time we broke our gaze and I just realize that I'm in my sleeping attire. My eye grew wide and my cheeks burn red. In no time, I ran through straight to my bedroom and shut the door loudly enogh to hear down to the living room.

As I reached my room, I lean to the door and hold my chest. Why is this beeating so fast? It just a simple smile. A smile that makes my heart beats like crazy but a hint of pain when I realise that he called me 'Irene'. I know something's wrong and I need to found out if he's hiding something from me. I just ask him after the practice.

I quickly bathed and make myself presentable infront of the two of them. Okay Irene, Fighting! I go down to the sala carrying my stuff, some paper and pens. I sat across Seulgi beside Wendy so that we can started our song.

"So, Irene you said that you already composed a song. Can we see it?" Wendy started our conversation. The song!  I search all the paper I brought. Where I did put it?

"Excuse me first, I think it fell on my way down here. I will just find it." I stand up after I look to both of them. Seulgi who is 'pretending to be busy' and Wendy who just smile at me.

I looked around the stairs, and even to my room but unfortunately I can't find it. Huhuhuhuhu. What I'm going to do now? It's not that I don't know the lyrics of my own song. Its just hard to start again. I go down again to the sala with my shy with sad expression on my face.

"I'm sorry guys but I can't find it. But if it's okay with you I can rewrite it again." I feel sorry that I can't even lift my head straight to them and look to their faces.

"No, it's okay Irene. Actually Sseul said to me that he already compose a song, you know. Just in case this situation might happen, which is happening right now." Wendy said with a convincing tone. Seulgi knows me very well. I'm a bit clumsy and not so tidy person so its a bit tough to me when I search for some things I need but Seulgi always have an extra or back up just for me.

"Whew, Thank goodness. You're my hero Sseul!" I cheerfully said to him and without my mind I hugged him tighty to show my gratitude. I break the hug soon I realise that I actually hugged him. Then, I see him froze to his seat. Is he okay?

"Sseul, are you okay?" I said to him with a concerned tone.

"A-ah, I-I'm fine." He stuttered. I sit to my originally position and  asked Seulgi if can I see his composed song. He gave me a sheet of paper also Wendy to see his work enitled...

"A friend's confession?" Wendy ask in confusion. and Seulgi just nodded his head with a smile infront of Wendy, which make the latter blush. What a sight!

"It's preety good." I coldly commented to his work. It's actually good but I think there something behind this song. How can he composed this song? He's pretty good in composing songs though...

"So, my song is the one! We can start the distribution of the lyrics then we go to your music room to start the learning the chords." Seulgi briefly explains to us and both of us agreed.

We start the distribution of lyrics, we discussed some random topics in between our practice which makes us more comfortable to each other. I think this is going to be fun! After the distribution of lyrics, we go to my music room having two acoustic guitars, a drumset, a bass guitar, an electric guitar a piano and any instruments you need.

"This is so cool, Irene!" Wendy exclaimed in excitement.

"Thank you." I said in appreciation. On the other hand Seulgi is also looking around and touching some of the instruments.

"It doesn't change." He mumble but I am able to catch it. Yes, he's been here when we are in elementary school, he always plays guitar infront of me when I was sad or we have any bonding time.

"So shall we start?" I asked to both of them and they finally agreed after looking around my music room.

"What instruments can you play?" I asked them in curiosity. Maybe I have this luxurious music room but unfortunately for me, I can't play any intruments. I think I'm not a fond of this instruments. *sighed*

"I can play guitar, flute and a bit of saxophone." Wendy said.

"Can you play all of that?!" I said with a shocked expression. She just simply nodded her head.

"So, if you can play a guitar we can play the guitar and Irene do her part." Seulgi suggested. Where's the 'Joohyun'? 

"Great idea!" Wendy enthusiastically replys and I just nodded my head.

 I go back down to the kitchen to get them some foods while Seulgi teaches Wendy about the chord and some stuff she need to know.

"How's the practice going?" I see Umma already preparing our foods. I just smile at her as a respond.

"Seulgi and Wendy seems close together. They're match as a couple." Umma showed her meaningful smile to me. Match? I don't tink so. I feel something unexplainable pain inside me.

"I don't get you Umma." I said in denial.

"You know, since the two of you are bestfriends, Seulgi is also like my son and I want him to have a girlfriend. I think Seulgi likes Wendy." A girlfriend? S-seulgi likes Wendy? Again, I don't know why my heart is aching a thousand times more painful than the first one. I feel like crying but I can't let that show it.

"I just get this tray Umma. I'm going back to them now." I quickly said and ignoring the conversation with me and Umma and grab the tray of food to the music room. Ugh! What if its true? What if Seulgi have a girlfriend? What if he don't have any time for me? Worst than he's doing right now? What if... he already..... loves someone? What is my concern anyway I'm just his bestfriend. But I can't deny right now that all that 'what if's' makes me hurt without any reasons.

I'm in deep thought that I just realise that I'm now infront of the door of the music room. I grab the door knob in my right hand while the other hand holdong the tray. As I open the door I see Seulgi and Wendy playing the guitar in their own world not minding me entering the room. I f there's a robber in this house they will not notice it for sure.

*EHEM* I faked cough to caught their attention and to snap out their world.

"Oh you're here." Wendy said while holding the blue acoustic guitar while Seulgi holding his favorite brown guitar.

"Let's eat." I invited them and start to eat our foods. Time flew fast we already learning the tune of our song. We start to sing some part of the chorus together with the first verse. Its already 5:00 p.m. and wendy decided to go since she have some schedule after our practice. And for Seulgi, Umma forced him to eat dinner here since it been a while since we gather like this.

Dinner time is like the usual, full of laughing, and some random conversation.

"So, Seulgi you're almost 20 years old and you don't have a girlfriend. Perhaps, do you like someone?" Appa ask him and me, waiting patiently to his answer.

"Yes, I do have." Seulgi confidently said that make me choke the food I eat.

"Princess are you okay?" Appa asked me with a concerned tone. I just nodded my head. He likes someone.

"May I know who is this lucky girl?" Umma said. Seulgi just sent a meaningful but a sad smile to us which makes me confuse. And that ends our dinner time and Seulgi is going to leave now.

"Sseul!" I called him, he looked at me and tilt his head. It's now or never.

"Can we talk?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry I need to cut this now. I will edit this tomorrow I need to shut my laptop now hehehe. Please enjoy my update!