Chapter 12

Behind All Lies

Italic - Thoughts

Bold - Conversation

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Irene's POV

Minutes became hours, to days, and now week. It's been a week since that me and Seulgi have a conversation in the playground and I think we are back to normal, but Seulgi always with Wendy when we are together and also I'm with Oppa when he have no class or he have a free time. Like today, we are at the field watching Seulgi having his practice with the soccer team while the other side Oppa practiccing with his basketball team. I'm now with Wendy who is listening some music with her earphones, while watching Seulgi on the field playing on the field. We're now at the shade of the tree. Its pretty hot right now. I think me and Wendy are better now, we became friends. It's not that we're not friends from the strat its just something like a barrier that block us or me accepting her friendship.

Also the different appearance of Wendy makes her more positive and confident than ever. Many of our schoolmates now admire her he became one of the popular but she's not the person who want an attention so she's shrugged that she's popular and continue her ordinary life. 

"Its cool, isn't?" A voice next to me interupted my thoughts.

"Of what?" I looked at her and now she's looking at the sky. Thinking deeply.

"The clouds." She simply said. "Clouds?"

"I don't know, its feels like I want to fly to see the world. They change their shapes to attract the person who is watching them from the ground and sometimes they became dark, -angry or sad- and rain starts to pour along their emotions. But in the end of the day you always look up to them, and it makes you relax and relieve even just for a miinute. Sometimes I want to be a cloud." She sincerly said without breaking the gaze up the sky with full of white fluffy clouds. I just smile at her and pat her back.

"You always are, Wendy."

"Thanks. Hehehe. Stop this drama. So, are you ready for tomorrow?" Tomorrow is our performance for our project.

This week is our time for Mr. Kim's project or I better say our performance week, meaning this week for our department it will be a free time lecture for some professors. We are required to pass this performance because half of our grades this whole semester depends in this performance. But in this case you have two chances, if you failed in your first attempt, you have to compose you own song or choreograph you own dance. Fortunate for us this year will be a group performace so less hassle.

"I'm always ready Wendy." I confidently said.

"Guys!! Olaf! Baechu!" I heard someone shouted at us. I turned my head and I see Sooyoung and Joy walking towards us while waving their hands.

"Oh, Joy, Sooyoung! Here." Wendy shouted back. After that Ice cream parlor incident they became close friends.

"Why are you two here?" I asked them.

"Do you want us to go now?" Sooyoung said with her not so puppy eyes of her.

"Cut that Soo, its doesn't suits you. You're here to see Seulgi right?" Now I'm talking to Joy. She's always like that. 'Seulgi this' 'Seulgi that' 'Seulgi is her everything.' Argh!! Just thinking about that giving me headache. They sat next to us. 

"No." She plainly said which makes us all shock in suprise.

"What happen to you? Did Auntie not bring friend chicken last night? Don't worry Joy I'll save you!" Sooyoung dorkingly said to her and bout to stand up. Is she okay? It's Seulgi her long time crush we're talking about.

"I'm okay guys, seriously. And also Mom bring me friends chicken last night Soo." Joy sarcastically said back.

"You know the new tranfer student, the smart one?" Joy excitedly shared her news.

"Oh! I know! 'The Kim Yerim?'" Wendy exclaimed.

"Yes that one! He's accelerated because of his being smart and his talent in English even he's a pure Korean and never been in abroad." Joy said confidently like a proud girlfriend.

"It's like you're a stalker Joy." I straightly said to her.

"I just know him! He's also cute." She said shyly. Ooohhh please.

"So thats the only reason why you're now leaving your 'My Only Love Bear!' fansclub that you should not created for the first time!" Sooyoung now rolling her eyes with a bit of annoyance. Yes, she's that desperate for Seulgi before.

"Its a good fansclub you know. You better join Soo! I'll make you the vice president!"

"No way!"

"But seriously guys, After I see how close Wendy and Seulgi are. I just realise that they make a better couple than me and Seulgi." Joy admitted. Wendy and Seulgi? Couple? Again? Why people said that they can create a great couple?

"Me?" Wendy said with a shy and tint of blush in her cheeks.

"Yes, perhaps Wendy. Do you like Seulgi?" Joy said without hesitation that maked make Wendy's cheek redder than before.

"U-uuh. S-seul? N-no! NO!" Wendy denied with her head hung low while she's playing with her fingers.

"Just tell the truth Wendy. Don't worry We're here for you." Joy smiled at her. What if she likes Seulgi in that way? But Seulgi said that Wendy is not the person he loves. Right?

Wendy sighed in defeat she knows that she will never win especially with Joy. I looked to Sooyoung with her concern eyes I just smile back at her. I'm okay.

"Y-yes I do like him. I don't know. Everytime he's near my heart goes wild." Me too. "At first I saw him or whenever we have an eye contact, I feel like we are in our own world." Me too. "When our skin touch, I feel butterflies in my stomach." Me too. "He always makes me special, that's what I thought" Me too. "Maybe I'm in love with him." Me-- What?!

"Kyyaaaahhh!! Woah! But hang in there lover girl, I know that feeling but not the last two parts. You should know.. confess to him if you want to know what his feelings." Joy said with a tint of concern. Seulgi likes Wendy. What if it develops? Its possible! What will happen?

"Don't keep your hopes to high Wendy." Sooyoung said that might offend Wendy.

"Don't worry I'm not Soo, I'm not." Wendy said in low tone.

"Hey! Cheer up! Lover girl I'm sure that you will have a chance! At first I envy you because you're very close with Seulgi in just a short time and you became now close friends. Don't worry we're here for you! I will support you! Fighting! Seuldy Fighting!" Joy said to comfort and encourage Wendy.

"Seuldy? Seriously that's the best you got? And could you please stop making that fansclub of yours." Sooyoung said in annoyance.

"Yah! Then think another couple name you shikshin!" Joy answered back.

"Say who's not a shikshin!" Sooyoung shouted back. While Wendy just smile at her sight and me thinking all about what happen earlier.

"Oh? What's the commotion here?" We turned our head to the voice we heard. We see Seulgi and Mino Oppa standing infront of us newly bathed and caryying their bags.

"So, shall we go guys? You want to eat?" Oppa offered to us and we gladly accepted.

"How was your practice Oppa?" As a caring girlfriend I asked him.

"Its great but tiring, I'm okay now as long as your with me." Oppa said while reaching my hand.

We interwine our fingers while walking ahead to them. But somethings different....

No butterrflies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the delay I've been sick this past few days.

Here's the update. Sorry if lame dont worry the thrill starts soon!