chapter 14

Behind All Lies

Italic - Thoughts

Bold - Conversation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Irene's POV

Time flew past and its been a week since our performance and I also received that note.

"You should know the people around you. There's always a secret between those stares and words they say. Trust will be a big word for you just know who are the persons you will give that to them. Many things will happen to you. New people may come but many people may leave. Accept whatever destined to be with you."

Just short yet meaningful note written in a piece of paper. I don't know why but I have a bad feeling in this note. I just shrugged that feeling and just keep the note in my drawer. After the day I received that note, Joy encourage Wendy to confess to Seulgi. At first Wendy was a bit hesitant but in the end she agreed.

And that time is today, Joy planned everything and I have a part of it. *sigh* Should I really do this for them? Since I'm Seulgi's bestfriend I'm the one who will bring Seulgi to the place where Wendy confess. Sometimes I think that being bestfriend with Seulgi is a bit disadvantage. I just thought. Its my bad luck today since Sooyoung is off to somewhere because she have a urgent meeting with her Father. That shikshin!

And now here I am infront of Seulgi and trying to convice him to come with me.

"Sseul! Just come with me!"

"Just answer me first. Where are we going?" Seulgi ask me with a doubt face while clearing all his stuff.

"Its a secret."

"Aish. Fine."

What if he joking when he said that he just like Wendy in a friendly way? We walk towards to a good looking garden at the back of our school where I can see Wendy and Joy standing, Every step I make is like beating loudly together with my heart. Why am I so nervous? There's nothing bad will happen right?

"Hey are you okay?" A guy beside me asked. I just nodded and lead him to them.

"Oh You're here, right on time" Joy stated in excitement. I see Wendy lowering her head while playing her fingers. She must be nervous too.

"What's happening here seriously?" Seulgi aks in confusion.

"Its been a while since we bond like this so why don't you two wait here while me and Irene get and buy some foods?" Joy suggested and they agreed. As for me, I just go with the flow.

We walked a bit far from them and hide behind the bushes. We're not actually buy some foods but to spy to those two who will be a happy couple later. That was Joy's plan. Ugh. I can't breath. Something is hurting me.

Its been five minutes and finally Wendy starts the conversation. We're a bit far but we can hear the words they say if its a bit audible for us.

"Its been a while huh, Sseul."

"Huh?" The guy said.

"The time we sang your song. The time I indirectly confess to you." The latter said while the guy is caught off guard for being a straightforward of the latter.

"Striaghtforward." I commented without breaking the gaze between the two persons under the tree.

"Yeah" Joy agreed. Back to the two.

"Can't you see? Or I'm not too obvious for you to see it?" Wendy said while staring at the sky bitterly smiling. Seulgi just in silent and just stare at Wendy, waiting her to continue. What are thinking Seulgi?

"I like you Sseul," Just stay longer Irene.

"Wendy." You can do this.

"Please just let me tell this to you, I love you more than what we are for now. I just want you to know this. I don't want you to return my feelings if there's none."

"Wendy, I love you..." Time stop, I feel wetness in my cheeks. I'm crying? Why? I should be happy right? I'm one of the people who help them. I ran silently away from them I hear Joy called my name but I continue to run. I can't handle this. Too much pain. I hold my chest its tearing my heart apart. I run as fast as I can then I bump into someone. I look up and I see...

"Oppa."

End of Irene's POV

Wendy's POV

A hope shines when he said those words but there's more that break my heart into pieces.

"I love you but not the way you do. I'm sorry" Seulgi said. I know he feel bad for me. It hurts. Maybe he's not just for me.

"Hey, It's okay. You don't need to be sorry. Is there someone in your heart? Right?" Please say no.

He just slightly nodded.

"Can we be at least friends?" I suggested maybe being friends with him is a better place than to be a lover. He's my first crush and love.

"Yes of course! You'll always be my friend. Thank you Seungwan" He launch his arms around me and I return the hug. Just friends.

"Its Irene right?" I said while breaking the hug.

"Huh?" The clueless bear asked

"The 'someone' in your heart. You love Irene right?" I want to know.

"I'm obvious right?" He smiled bitterly.

"Maybe yes, maybe no. If you're obvious then Mino will probably hurt you."

"How unfortunate for me tho."

"Hey, don't give up. You're not even rejected but you're tone of you're sounds like it. Look at me, I take the risk. And now, I've never been better. We still friends and accept that.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't feel bad! To be honest it hurts to be rejected but what can I do maybe you're not the one for me. Irene is lucky to have you Sseul. Try to confess if you don't want to be hurt more in the future." I said with full of honesty.

"I'll try but she's the one who brought me here. And she have a boyfriend. What can I do?" Are you numb? Do you think that stares she given to you is not like I used to give you?!

"Try to think this way, you're losing now, when you don't even trying to fight. You're making your own conclusion when there's nothing happening yet. Between the three of you, there's always one you maybe all three of you will be hurt or hurting right now. Hurt is a part of love but being too afraid is not part of it." You have a chance Sseul.

"Thanks again Wan ah~" He smile right now with hopes on his face.

I will move on for sure.

End of Wendy's POV

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry I'm a bit busy this past few days. I also want to apologise to some SeulDy Shippers for making Wendy's love story end too soon. Hope you enjoy this update!!