chapter 18

Behind All Lies

Italic - Thoughts

Bold - Conversation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Irene's POV

It's a stressful day for me today. I unconciusly walked towards my locker when I bumped into someone.

"Oh, Sunny. I'm sorry." I helped her to gather her things when I notice something familiar. The paper.

"It's okay. Sorry but I need to go." She said and quickly retreat her things out of my hands.

I shrugged it off I lower my head and I see a notebook. Maybe It's Sunny's notebook. I go towards my locker, when I open it I see a letter, again. Like the same paper to the past two note and the one that Sunny have.

"I think you don't enjoy my first gift? How sad. By the way here's the second one. You really don't know who you really are." What does that mean? And I notice that there's a envelope. I see what's inside. First, my relationship with Mino Oppa. Now, this? I read every paper. It's impossible. I quickly call my driver. "Pick me up here in our school NOW. I need to talk to my Father." I commanded.

In just 5 minutes I clearly see our car coming and stop infront of me.

"Bring me to my Father." I coldly said while holding the paper tightly.

After 15 minutes of driving we arrived at one of our building. Since he doesn't have meeting today, I walk towards my father's office with a confused mind.

"Oh, what makes my princess visit me here?" Appa said with his usual sweet tone.

"Appa or should I say Mr. Bae. Can you explain this to me." I coldly say, maybe you say that I'm a bad child but I need explanations right now. I put the envelope to his table and he read it. His calm expression changed into shocked expression. It's an adaption paper for pete's sake!

"Where did you get this?"

"That's not the point here. Please I need to know if that's true." I pleaded. But before I get my answer he just asked me talk about this when we arrive at the house and I agreed.

An akward silent is surrounded by me and my father, along the way. It rare to have silent like that. No one dares to talk. When we walked inside the house Umma is waiting in the living room with her unexplainable expression. She quickly hugged me and keep on apologizing. She release th hug. So it's true? 

"So, It's true?" I keep my poker face and talked to them. Appa just hung his head low while Umma just silently crying with her both hands covering .

"I need an answer!" I can't take this anymore. I feel a watery substance slowly escaping to my eyes. They just stay silent. Silent means Yes.

"Why? Why don't you tell me?! Do you have a plan to tell me huh? How long do you plan to hide that from me? To keep lying to me?!" Argh! Aren't they going to say something.

"Please say something..." I stay for another mnute of silent just a crying sound can only be heard. I turn away from them and quickly get out from their house. I walk, then run, just to escape to this feeling again. Is my whole life is just full of lies?

I stop to a park sit on a swing, and cry silently.

"Hey." I look up to see the person who called me.

"Sooyoung."

"What are doing here?" She asked while holding a two cones of ice cream and offered the one for me.

"Why did they do that to me?" I said while wiping my tears. Sooyoung is one of my closest friends next to Seulgi so I'm comfortable telling her everything.

"Who? Seulgi? Mino? Your Family?" I frowned with her statement. Does she knows everything?

"Like I said to you, I know everything." she continued. Then..

"Why didn't you tell me?!" I shouted at her again, feeling fooled.

"I want they will be the one who said it to you. I want them to explain it to you. You know me, I don't take others places." She said calmly and makes me feel a little lighter. She's a good friend.

"You know what, rather than escaping and runnng away from your problems why don't you face it with all your strenght. It will make you fell better and know what the real answers to your questions."

"I don't know if I can handle it, Soo."

"I know you can, just be strong and accept everything what is destined to you." Accept whatever is destined to be with you. Like in the note. I took out my wallet and get the first note. New people may come but many people may leave. New people? CL Unnie? People may leave? Mino Oppa? Umma? Appa? Suzy Unnie? I read the other lines. TRUST will be a big big word for me. Why did they give me this note, if they want to make me suffer like this?

"Can I see that paper?" She aked and give her the paper. She look closely to the paper.

"Is there something wrong?"

"When did you receive it?"

"Just before our performance to our project."

"Oh I see." She simply said with her serious expression and return the paper.

"So, It's geting late." She said and I looked to my watch saying '7:31 p.m.' time flew fast.

"U-um, Soo, Can I stay with your house? I don't think I can face them right now." I weakly said.

"Okay, but I will tell them that you're in my house so that they will not worry about you."

"What for? They're not my real parents."

"Irene. Maybe they're not you're biological parents but they take care for you, they do everything you want, they became your parent to the rest of your life." She sternly said.

"*sighed* You're right. I should be the one who thanked them for what they did to me. If not because of them, I won't able to meet you all." I sincerly said.

"You know what you need to take a break. Let's go. You have things to fix tomorrow." She concernly said.

End of Irene's POV

Mr. Bae's POV

"You don't have to worry Uncle, she's fine."

"Thank you Sooyoung. Sorry to disturb you."

"It's okay Uncle. Goodbye Uncle."

"Goodbye."

I sighed in relief when I know that Irene is now safe. I don't know what to do if something happen to her. She's like my real daughter.

"Hon, she's fine. She's with Sooyoung right now." I soothed my wife who is now crying her heart right now.

"We should tell her in the first place, not just a random person who knows our secret." Then I reminded something. I received a text last month.

"If you don't return the things what's ours, you know what happen if I reveal your deepest secret." At first I just take it lightly so I quickly delete the message and continue my work. Maybe this is the meaning of 'deepest secret' he/she's saying. What did I do to make them mad at us? To do this?

I called our private investigator.

"I want you to make some investigation about our investors."

"Is that's it?"

"Yes, please report immediately if you know something. Siwon."

"Okay, Mr. Bae."

I'm sure it's business that is involve in this situation.

==============================================================

(A/N: This part is Irene's past why she's adopted)

Flashback

A family of three is having their dinner when suddenly a doorbell interrupted they're happy dinner.

*DING DONG DING DONG*

"Suzy, can you open the door? Maybe it just your friend." Mrs. Bae commanded the 5 year old girl Suzy.

"Neh Umma." Little Suzy obeyed.

When the little Suzy open the door, she doesn't have a friend who is waiting for her instead a baby crying inside a basket.

"UMMA! APPA!" She shouted and her parents walked towards her asking what happen.

"There's a baby." 

"What? A baby?" Mrs. Bae said and look around if there's someone at this hour. As a kind human being they keep the baby and the little Suzy accept her new sibling and named her.

"Joohyun! Her name is Joohyun! or Irene! like what my teacher said about the story of the Goddest of Peace." Suzy cheerfully said while looking at the baby who is sleeping quietly. Peace.

"Sshhh, low down your voice. She's sleeping. Yes, we name her Joohyun or Irene. Anything you want." Mr. Bae said.

After a year Suzy moved to America with her grandmother to study. Eventhough she doesn't want to be apart with Irene she need to.

"Wait for Unnie. I'll be back." A 6 year old Suzy bid her goodbye to a 1 year old Irene who is now crying.

As for Mr and Mrs. Bae, They did all they can just to find Irene's biological parents. And just this year, Siwon found her parents but it's too late. Irene's parents died because of a fire accident to their hometown in Daegu. After that meeting, they don't know how to say to Irene that her parents are now dead.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update! Please don't hate Sunny and CL for doing that. Just wait. Hope you like it.