He Noticed Me

Let's Go Find Love!

We walk out of the building.  We await for the van that is supposed to take us to the hotel in which I am staying.  It’s a chilly night.

“Mian-hae Mor Ri. Usually practices don’t take that long.  I have an upcoming tour to do so I’ve been practicing a lot,” he apologize.

“Ani-yo Kim Hyun Joong-sshi.  It wasn’t bad at all.  I’m sorry for causing such a commotion in there though…” I say as I lower my head in embarrassment.

“I thought you were amazing,” he says as he smiles, “you are actually really talented.  You should call somebody to get yourself out there.  I can ask my company if…”

“ANI-YO! I wasn’t that great!” I interrupt him.  I begin blushing.

“You don’t have to be modest,” he says chuckling, “and please, like I said before, we can be more comfortable with each other now. 

“Gamsahabnida, Kim…..Hyun Joong oppa,” I thank him.

He gives me a smile and we stand there in silence waiting for the van.  With each breath we take, a cloud of cold air escapes from our mouth.

The van finally arrives.  He opens the door for me, like a gentleman, and he walks to the other side. 

As he sits, however, he looks at me with a curious face.  “Do you mind going out with me to drink?” he asks.  He notices my eyes widen before continuing, “I’ve been working hard for such a long time.  I wouldn’t mind a break.”

“Are they not expecting me?” I ask as I finally get a better understanding of the situation.

“I don’t think so.  It’s already 2 am.  I doubt my hyung would be up this late waiting for you,” he rationalizes.  “Do you want me to call?” he asks.

I take a moment to think about it.  ‘It is my first time in Korea.  I should be having a good time.’  I think to myself, desperately trying to rationalize my next move.  “Ani-yo, gwenchana.  Let’s go,” I finally decide.