Blossom

Let's Go Find Love!

“What made you agree?” Vivi asks as she takes a sip of her coffee.

I look at the guys at the other table.  Toa Ha Ha is acting silly as usual, Tim Lee Lo is calmly sitting there as he sips his coffee, and Kim Hyun Joong is laughing at Toa Ha Ha’s sporadic movements. 

Kim Hyun Joong suddenly looks at me as if he can feel my eyes looking at him.  He smiles and gives me a small sweet wave.

I instantly turn around, embarrassed.  I look at Vivi.  “I don’t know.  I just felt like it was right,”

“Well, I am glad for you.  I mean putting the fact that it’s Kim Hyun Joong aside.  You don’t really let anyone into your heart.”

“I think it is a little too early to say that I am letting him into my heart,” I rebuttal shyly.

“Well, this counts as one step closer to that and I am happy for that,” she says matter-of-factly.

“You don’t have to say it like that,” I say as I begin to blush.

“Well, it’s true!”

“Esscuss me.” A voice interrupts us.  It’s Toa Ha Ha. “You… ladies…come eat wit us?  We have …cakies and food?” he asks in English.

“Uh…” I begin to speak.

“Of course!” Vivi quickly replies.

We move over to their table.  I shyly sit next to Kim Hyun Joong.  He pets me on the head.  I look at him for a second before realizing what he is doing and then immediately look down shyly.

“Well, you two are cute,” Vivi says, interrupting our moment in English.

“I bet we can be even cuter,” Toa Ha Ha bluntly says in Korean.

“I have a boyfriend waiting for me at the States,” Vivi immediately objects in Korean.

“Daebak!  Your friend knows Korean too?”  Toa Ha Ha exclaims.

“She knows a little bit.  I’ve been trying to teach her some of the basics over time,” I inform him.

“Did you expect people to ask if she were dating?” he asks.

“No, but after meeting you, I thought it would be a good idea to teach her these kind of related phrases,” I say honestly.

Everyone begins to laugh.

“Yah!  Mor Ri-ah!”

“Mian-hae, Ha Ha oppa,” I apologize.

He gives me a smug look and then chuckles.

After our little laugh, however, we suddenly become awkwardly quiet.

“What would you like for dessert?” Kim Hyun Joong asks, breaking the silence.

I look at the menu.  “Yakgwa.”

“You like yakgwa? Okay” he says. 

The waiter comes close.  “What would you guys like?”

“Yakgwa,” Kim Hyun Joong replies.

“Anything else?”

“No, just a lot of yakgwa. Enough for everyone,” Kim Hyun Joong replies.

“Yeh.” The waiter leaves.

“Kim Hyun Joong oppa! You didn’t have to order so much for everyone! What if they wanted something different…” I refute.

“Ani, Tim Lee Lo hardly eats sweets and Toa Ha Ha eats anything.  If I let him choose, we would be here til tomorrow.  Not that I mind since I’m with you,” he says matter-of-factly.

I look down shyly, blushing.  I then look at Vivi and speak to her in English. “Do you want anything in particular for dessert?”
“No, not really.  Whatever you just ordered is fine with me,” she replies.

“Would she have wanted something different? I could order it,” Kim Hyun Joong asks.

“Ani,” I reply.

“Good.” He replies back.  He suddenly puts his arm around my shoulders.

I instinctively stiffen. 

He notices.  “Gwenchana?”

“Yeh,” I shyly reply, trying to relax.

The remainder of the meal time was more comfortable than I had expected.  It was awkward at first but then it became very casual.  We spoke about our travels, our hobbies, and our aspirations.  We had a very good sit in.  I learned so much of Kim Hyun Joong.  He really is a special person.  I wish to learn so much more in the future.  At one point, I even had become comfortable with the idea of having Kim Hyun Joong’s arm around my shoulders.