In My Head

Let's Go Find Love!

“Oppa, that isn’t funny,” I finally say after the initial shock of his confession.

“I am not,” he says.  He suddenly lightly puts his arm around my shoulder and leans in to me. “In what way to I have to show my seriousness?” he asks.

“You must be confused.  You can’t….” I say almost shouting, pushing myself away.  I try to control myself a little before continuing, “you can’t have these feelings for me.  Who am I for you to have this kind of feelings for me?”

“You don’t have to be anyone for me to have these feelings for you.  I simply like you for who you are,” Kim Hyun Joong replies.

I begin to become embarrassed.  “How can you say that so confidently?...”

We sit there awkwardly.

…                                   

“Will you accept my feelings?” he suddenly asks.

My eyes widen from the shock. “I…you are too blunt…I...” I begin t o lose my breath. “I feel like I can’t breathe.” I sit down.

He kneels down on one knee and holds my hand.  “I …this is a lot to take in right now, but I needed to tell you before you leave.  I couldn’t see you go before spending at least a few days with you as…as a person that knows my heart.”

“I…had no idea,” I confess.

“I know, but I really would like a chance,” he tells me.

“A chance?  I…don’t know,” I say.

He releases a quick expression of sadness before smiling.  “Well, what do you say?  You don’t have to have any feelings for me right now.  But would you give me a chance?”

“Uh…I …” I say, unable to say any further. 

“I’ll give you a moment to think,” he says before getting up,” I’m going to get us some ice cream.  I’ll be right back.”  He releases my hand and walks away.

I stare at him walk away, completely shocked.

“How does he expect me to make such an important decision right now?!” 

Everyone around me begins to stare at me.

I feel their eyes and decide to sit down on a bench, embarrassed.
‘What should I do?’ I ask myself.  I take a big breath.

Moments later.  He returns. 

“Did you think about it?” he asks, almost frightened to hear my answer.

“Yeh, I’ve thought about it….” I reply.

“And?..” he asks.

I take the ice cream from his hand. 

He looks at me with a hard expression.  Bracing himself for a possible rejection.

….

I think back to what I thought of during that short while he was gone.

‘What should I do?’ ‘How did this happen?’ These thoughts fill my head. ‘Think, Mor Ri, think. What should I do?’ 

I take a moment to calm myself down. 

‘Should I?  This question randomly rushes through my head. ‘What am I thinking? I can’t! Who am I to…’

….

“Mor Ri?”

I suddenly snap back into reality. “Huh?”

“You were going to tell me whether you accept me or not?” he asks in anticipation.

“Oh…” I reply.  I take a big breath.  “I accept.”

“Jinjja?!” he exclaims.

“Yeh…”

He puts his arms around me.  “You will not regret it!” he says.