Our Afternoon

Let's Go Find Love!

“How was the airport?” Kim Hyun Joong asks with a smile as he holds the door for me to enter his home.

I begin to walk in, however, I am suddenly stopped by Toa Ha Ha.  He pushes me to the side and let’s himself in.  “It was good, honey,” he says, “some traffic but you know….what do you expect?”  He sits himself on the couch.

Kim Hyun Joong glares at him.  “You can come in,” he tells me.  

I walk in and stand to the side.  

“Ha Ha, can I talk to you outside for a minute?” Kim Hyun Joong asks.

“Huh? You can’t talk here?” Toa Ha Ha asks in curiosity.

“No...it’s kind of private” he says

“Oh, okay?” he stands up and walk over, confused.

“Is everything okay?” I ask Kim Hyun Joong.

“Yeh…” he answers.  He let’s Toa Ha Ha walk out first.  

Toa Ha Ha walks out and turns around only to see the door slam behind him.  “YAH! HYUNG!” JINJJA?!” he shouts.

“Let’s go sit down,” Kim Hyun Joong says with a smile.

“Oppa?!...” I say astonished.

He grabs my arm and leads me to the couch.  “If I didn’t do that he would never have left.

We faintly hear Toa Ha Ha say, “aeyyygo, fine I’ll leave,” before utter silence fills the room.

….

“Should we go somewhere?” Kim Hyun Joong finally asks.

“Ani, we don’t have to go anywhere,” I answer.

It becomes awkwardly silent.

“Oppa, do you not have anything scheduled for today?” I ask.

“Ani, I took the next two days off so that I can spend time with you,” he replies.

I begin to blush.

“I don’t have any schedules until the afternoon of the third day,” he continues, “by then...you’d be on your way to America.”  He frowns.

“Gomabseubnida, oppa,” I say shyly, “you didn’t have to do that.  I happy with just being with you.”

“Ani, this isn’t only for you.  I want to spend as much time with you as I can before you leave,” he confesses.

I put my arm around his and lean on his shoulder.  “Just thinking about leaving is making me sad.”

He pauses before speaking.  “I get upset too.” He puts his hand on my face.

“You don’t have to leave,” he finally says.

“Oppa! You know I can’t do that,” I exclaim.

“I know..” he says reluctantly.  “I’ll come visit often.  We also have SMS. I’ll call you at night when I can….”

….

“Let’s not think about that now,” I say as I sit up.

“Okay, what should we do then?” he asks.

I walk over to his kitchen and begin to look around.  “I want to make you something,” I say as I search, “but there doesn’t seem to be much in your kitchen.”

“I don’t really have time to cook,” Kim Hyun Joong confesses.

“Then should we go to the market?” I ask.

“Yeh, I think we can do that,” he says as he gets up. “Let me get ready and then we can go.”

I take a moment before speaking, “Oppa! We can’t go! ...I mean I can go...but if people see us…”

Kim Hyun Joong stands still as he process what I just said. “Gwenchana, I am friends with a person that owns a grocery store not too far from here.  He can close shop momentarily as we shop.”

“Is that okay?” I ask.

“Yeh, he does it all the time for celebrities.”
“But what if somebody takes a picture of us as we get there,” I say as a million doubts rush through my head.

“Ani, gwenchana,” he says as he tries to reassure me.  “We will go through the back.  I’ll give you a mask to wear.  We should be fine.”  He walks over to me and puts his hands on my face.  “Plus….if they do see us...I won’t mind it.  You are mine now.”