Believe

Let's Go Find Love!

“The special program you are now enlisted in goes as follows:  You will be following Kim Hyun Joong-sshi for the remainder of your stay here in Korea. Keep in mind that we have you scheduled to stay in Korea for about a week more.  Please take this opportunity to learn as much as you can,” the representative goes on as he reads the rules and regulations of my stay.

“Yes, sir,” I reply as I bow my head.

He looks up at me.  “You are one lucky girl.  If it were not for Kim Hyun Joong-sshi, you would have been on your way back to the States.”

I lower my head even more.

“Now, I’ll be taking my leave.” He walks towards the door before stopping. “Oh, and please be responsible.” He leaves.

I wait until I am completely sure he is gone before lifting my head.

“I’m not sure if that last part was directed to you or me,” Kim Hyun Joong jokes.  He looks at me with eyes of concern, “Gwenchana?”

“Yeh,” I weakly reply.

“You are probably very confused.  Just follow me for now.  I’ve asked Lee Lo hyung and Ha Ha to meet us at a restaurant.  Lee Lo hyung is much better at explaining things than I am.  Can you trust me?”

“…I…yeh…” I timidly reply. 

We walk out of the room together.  We awkwardly take the elevator down to the first floor.  We neither speak nor look at each other. 

“Has this upset you?”

I look at him and try to muster up a brave face. “Ani-yo...”

He looks at me with a concerned face.  “I know this is a lot to take in.  This is all new to me too.  I have never really mentored someone before or have been a tour guide,” he jokes.  But I will promise you I’ll make it up to you,” Kim Hyun Joong finally says.

“Kim Hyun Joong-sshi, I’m not scared at all.  I’m just a little confused.”

“Oh, well like I said Lee Lo hyung will clear everything up.”

“I’m sure he will,” I reply.

We become silent again.

‘Although I still don’t get what is going on, I am strangely excited,’ I think to myself, ‘is that weird?’