Building Walls

Let's Go Find Love!

“You’re nobody,” she says in a fit of rage, “don’t you get it?  The second you leave for America, he will forget all about you. Do what you want right now but it’s all going to be over soon.”

I take a moment before responding, “...that may be the case...but I don’t care.”

She looks at me with eyes of full rage and astonishment.  “Oh you don’t, do you?”

...A million thoughts rush through my head. ‘What is going on?  Who is she? How did she know to look for me?’ My mind suddenly stops at her question.  ‘Do I really not care?’ I think to myself.

I say nothing to her.

“ANSWER ME!”

“Who are you?” I suddenly ask.

Her glare intensifies.  “Who the do you think I am?  I am Kim Hyun Joong’s biggest fan.  We all are! And when Dee Jiho told us that a clown like you was hanging around our oppa, we knew we had to come and set you straight!”  

‘Dee Jiho…’

“Now answer me !  DO YOU NOT REALLY CARE ABOUT OUR OPPA?!”

...

‘I really do…’ I think to myself.

“YOU ! HOW DARE YOU IGNORE ME!” She grabs my hair and brings my face closer to hers.  “Look at me when I am talking to you. Why the are you with him if you don’t care?”
‘....my walls…I can’t climb over them….’  my mind is filled with these thoughts. I try listening to what she is saying but I can’t.  I look at her. is moving. I know it is. But I can’t get myself to hear what she is saying.

She pushes me to the floor.  “Get the away from him if you want to play these games.  We love him too much to let a nobody have him. Really? Who the hell do you think you are?!”

She motions to her followers.  They walk over to me and begin kicking me.  Everywhere.

….

But weirdly enough, I don’t feel the pain.  I black out for what feels like hours instead of minutes.  ‘What is going on?’ I think to myself. ‘How did this happen?  I was so happy just a few moments ago. Was I being selfish? Is what she is saying….right?’  

….

I snap out of my thoughts.  I can see them turning away.

“I…” I weakly say.

She turns around.  “Oh, I thought you were out?” she says smugly.  “Do you need another beating?”

I feel something wet on the corner of my mouth.  I wipe it off with my sleeve and observe it. ‘Blood’.  I try to stand up but fail. “I understand why you hate me,” I muffle.  “I know….I don’t deserve him...and that I am being selfish.”

I pause before continuing, “I won’t be here too long… I am going back to America.  I need to…” I begin to cough up small amounts of blood. I, however, try not to let it stop me from talking, “oppa...I need to make myself better for him.  So for now....please take care of him.”

She takes a moment to process what I just said.

“Who the do you think you are to ask that from me?!” she yells in rage.  She begins to walk towards me again before hearing a voice from afar.

“Yah! Is everything alright over there?”

We look over.  It’s a policeman.

Her followers begin to scatter.  She looks over to me before taking a step back.  “I better not see your face around. Ever. Again.” she warns.  She runs off.

Seconds later, the policeman is standing right next to me.  “Yah! Gwenchana?!” he asks.

“Yeh...I’m fine,” I answer weakly.

“I’m going to call for backup.  We need to catch those girls,” he says before grabbing his radio.

“Ani-yo!” I say as loud as I can.  “Please don’t I am fine.”

He looks at me confused.  “Are you sure?” he asks.

“Yeh…”

….

He begins to try to lift me.  “Let me atleast take you to the hospital.”

With his help, I get up and begin to walk.  “Gomabseubnida…”
“You don’t need to thank me.  I am just doing my job,” he says.  “But I must say, those fangirls are no joke.  I’ve seen them around picking on any girl that tries to get close to their celebrities.”

“I know…”

He helps me on the back seat of his patrol car.  “It’s best not to mess with them,” he warns.


Author's Note

Hope you guys are enjoying it so far! Sorry for the delay! Let me know what you guys think.