NO RETURN

LUCKY WITHOUT YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Next morning, I wake up of  how it all of a sudden starts to vibrate in my mobile, it’s Minzy who’s calling. Her sobs is the first thing I hear when I answer her call. The first thought that came to my mind was Kyungsoo. 

 

 

”Kai.. help me.. it hurts.” She sobs even louder.

”I’m coming Minzy!” Is the last thing I say before I hang up the phone.

 

I put on my clothes as fast as I can and then I began to run towards the hospital. I ran like I’ve never done before, it felt like my legs were about to collapse but when I arrived to the hospital, Kyungsoo sat outside Minzy’s dorm. The only thing that came up to my mind was that I wanted to beat him up so bad but I went into Minzy’s dorm instead. 

 

The room was filled with doctors, my heart began to beat faster and faster. I could barley imagine what was happening to Minzy right now.

 

”Wh..what’s happening?” I asked with shaken voice. 

 

One of the doctors came up to me with his hand on my shoulder.

”Tell me young man, who are you?”

”I’m her best friend, tell me, what’s happening with her?!?!” I began to scream even louder, my tears began to flow down my cheeks.

 

”Oh I see. Don’t worry Mr..what’s your name?” Asks the doctor.

”Jongin…Kim Jongin..but they call me Kai.”

”Well Mr.Kim, Minzy got a heart attack but it’s fine now. She just need to take some medicin and she will be just fine.” 

 

 H…h..heart attack  S..some medicin.. medicin is for people who is sick.. Minzy isn’t sick.. Minzy can’t be sick.

 

”What do you mean heart attack, is she gonna die?! Medicin is for people with diseases, Minzy doesn’t have a disease!” I began to cry like a little baby but I couldn’t help it.

 

 ”I sure do understand that you’re upset Mr.Kim but Minzy needs to take some medicin because of the heart attack, her heart needs some calming medicin. She doesn’t have a disease so you don’t have to worry.” The doctor pats me carefully on my shoulder while I wipe away my tears.

 

”S..so there’s no disease?” 

 

”No, not even a sign of it.” He smiles softly 

 

I felt a bit reliefed. When they left the room, I went up to Minzy who seemed to be exhausted. My heart becomes weak when she’s in this kind of condition, my breath becomes heavier and heavier. 

 

”Kai..” Says Minzy quietly.

”Minzy!” I hugged her right after she said my name and Minzy hugged me back. 

 

”I’m tired.” 

”But.. are you okay? The doctors said you had an heart attack.” I placed my hands on hers. 

 

”Yeah.. I’m fine, there’s just some medicin I have to take, otherwise everything is good.”

”I miss you.. a lot Minzy. I became scared as hell when I heard what happened to you.” 

 

”You don’t have to be scared, I miss you too, it gets pretty tiresome to sit here without having someone to talk to. My days on the hospital only consists of sleep, conversations with the doctors and no late movie nights with my best friend.” Says Minzy sadly.

 

Minzy seemed to be on the verge of crying, the inside of me hurts.

 

”M..minzy, are you crying?” 

 

She nods and then her tears began to flow. 

”It hurt so much Kai, I don’t want to be here anymore! I want to be with you and Kyungsoo.” 

 

”Minzy.. calm down, now you get me to cry.” 

 

Minzy keeps on crying while she embraces me, now my tears began to flow. 

 

” I can’t! The heart attack made everything worse, it feels like every single part of my body hurts and I don’t want to take medicin.” 

 

”Minzy.. it’s for your own best. Your heart needs it, please do as the doctors say so you’re healthy when you come out.” 

 

”I know but it’s just that I can’t be without you two guys. Please.. promise to never leave me Kai.” 

 

I was shocked over what Minzy just said.

”Yah weirdo, I would never leave you. You’re my best friend.”

 

I love you too much, my heart would explode if I would leave you.

 

 

”Kai, you’re very special, remember that.There’s not many guys like you in this world, never change yourself for anyone.” Says Minzy before she hugs me tightly.

 

 

”You’re special too, I know you can do this, just a few more days until you’re free to go. Minzy hwaiting! Promise to be patient, okay?”

 

”I prom..”

”Nu- uh.. pinky promise weirdo.”

”Hah, I see .. you want it that way..pinky promise it is.” Minzy puts her finger around mine with a wide smile on her face.

 

After my short visit on the hospital, I begin to walk home. Kyungsoo is still sitting outside of Minzy’s dorm, he comes up to me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter