A new heaven with a new hell

LUCKY WITHOUT YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days went by, it was soon time for me to leave the hospital. When I finally could go home, the doctor apologized for what happened for a few days ago and thereafter he said good bye.

 

 

”It was nice having you here Mr.Kim. We have never seen Kyungsoo so lucky, it means the world to us here at the hospital. He truly adores you.”

”I would not be so sure about that.”

”What do you mean?” Asked the doctor with a wondering look.

”Before Kyungsoo left the hospital with his dad, I heard him say something very awful.”

 

”I see.. maybe there’s a misunderstanding Mr.Kim.”

”No, I’m quite sure nothing could be misunderstood of what he said. He made himself very clear.

”Very well then. Despite that, I hope you had a nice time here. Good bye Mr.Kim, take care of you.” Said the doctor and patted me carefully on the shoulder. Thereafter I went out through the expiry and into the ordered taxi. 

 

 

I stepped out of the cab and took a deep breath.

”Aah.. home sweet home.” 

 

There was no light on when I came in, not a single sound was heard.

Oddly enough, no one were home. Since no one was home, I dropped my bag at the floor and went into the kitchen to make myself a sandwich.

 

Suddenly the light was lit in the living room.

”SURPRISE!!” 

I turned around by surprise when I saw all my friends, my family. Everyone was there except Kyungsoo… 

 

The most shocking was to see Minzy standing in the middle of it all. 

 

 

Isn’t Minzy together with Chanyeol? What is she doing here?… How does she have the gut to show herself here? I mean doesn’t my parents know we broke up and still they let her in?..

 

There was so many questions in my head at the moment. She ran up and gave me a hug. I had no idea how to handle the situation while everybody glared at me with excited eyes.

 

”Welcome home Kai. We’re so glad to have you back home.” Said mom with a great smile on her face. 

 

”Uh..uhm..”

”Oh honey, I’m sorry. We didn’t mean to startle you.”
”Uhm no no.. I..uhm.. I’m just happy to see you all.” I made up a lie, just by seeing Minzy made me feel furious but I managed to put on a poker face.

 

First, it started off with a dinner. I can’t believe my mother and father set this up, I’d prefer to be at some other place, doesn’t matter where, just take me away from this hell.

 

”How was the hospital Kai?” Asked Minzy, she smiled brightly.

”Hm?” My mouth was filled with food.

”Haha aw, isn’t he sweet? You have such a handsome son Mr. and Mrs.Kim. I’m proud of having him as my boyfriend.” 

 

My parents giggled and smiled happily.

 

Excuse me you liar but did you just say boyfriend? I wonder what they would say if they got to know that you broke up with me. 

 

I’ve never felt more betrayed until now, Minzy just sat there as if she belonged to our family. 

 

After a long day, it was finally time for everyone to go home although Minzy stayed for a while. I could not let this pass by without having a talk with her. 

 

”Hmhm..” I cleared my throat to get her attention. Minzy was about to put on her outwear but glared questioning at me. 

”Don’t you think we need to talk?” 

”What is there to talk about honey?” 

 

Her words made my disgusted.

 

”Honey? As far as I know, you broke up with me to be with that giant Chanyeol. Yet you have the gut to show yourself here?” 

 

”How many times do I have to repeat myself? Chanyeol is not my boyfriend.” 

 

”Okay but what were you doing in the park then? Still, you broke up with me and it doesn’t change the fact that it’s inappropriate to come here.”

 

”He had homework to do and as we all know I’m usually the first one to be done with all homeworks so he asked me if I could help him.”

 

”Homework? In the park? Pft.. yeah right. Do you have any idea of how absurd that is?” 

 

Minzy sighed and rolled her eyes by annoyance.

 

”Yes in the park. He had a photo project to do, it would have been very ruthless of me to say no when all he asked for was some help.”

 

I bit my under lip and tied my fist lightly. 

 

”That doesn’t explains why you are here when you broke up with me.” 

 

”What should I have done then? It’s not like I had a choice when Kyungsoo told me that I’d get hurt if I did not leave you. He also told me you had no interest in me anymore but as soon as your parents told me that you would come home today, it felt like I had to come here and clear things up.”

 

”You could at least have checked with me first. Just because Kyungsoo told you that, doesn’t mean it’s true.” 

 

”That’s why I’m here, to clear things up! Oh my god Kai.. why can’t you just listen? I know it was wrong of me to assume things based on what Kyungsoo told me…so.. yeah..here I am.”

 

”And how is it going so far?” I asked with a smirk on my face.

 

Minzy sighed 

”Look, if you don’t have anything to say and don’t want me here, tell me. It’s not more complicated than that.” She grabbed her shoes, soon ready to leave but before Minzy could reach the door handle I grabbed her arm and pulled her closer to me. 

 

While she was blushing, the heat between us began to increase, then I kissed her intensively on the lips. 

 

”Is that enough answer for you.. babe?” 

”Yah.. Kai..why..” She was panting in a fast pace.

”It’s getting late baby girl, time to go home. See you tomorrow.” Thereafter I opened the door and showed her out.

 

As soon as Minzy left, I went up to my bedroom. It was in the exact same state as before I went to the hospital. 

 

 

Next morning, I was awakened by mom who knocked on my door with a breakfast tray in her hands. Since neither one of my parents visited me during the time at the hospital, she felt compelled to make up for me and by that she wanted to spoil her one and only son.

 

”Good morning sweetie. Today it’s the first time in school after a very long time, how does it feel?” Mom smiled gently at me. 

 

While I rubbed my eyes and sat up in a rectangular position, she placed the tray on my bed. 

 

”Uh.. There’s probably tons of homeworks and tests waiting for me in school but I guess I would have to deal with it all sooner or later anyway.”

 

”Let it sink in honey, you haven’t been there for several weeks now but despite that I promise you will have an awesome day, especially when you have Minzy by your side.” Thereafter mom left the room and closed the door. 

 

At the same moment I grabbed a sandwich and took a great bite, the time ran away in a oddly fast pace. 

 

 

Right when I was heading towards the bus stop, someone covered my eyes from behind.

”Guess who?” Asked a mannered voice.

”Hmm..Well I really wonder who it can be.. unless..” I turned around.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter