CLOSER THAN YOU THINK

LUCKY WITHOUT YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I went back in to Kyungsoo’s room as soon as the nurse were gone.

”Are you okay?”

 

He nodded slowly.

”I’m okay. Guess my throat was very dry. Come and sit here next to me.”

Kyungsoo placed his hand next to him.

 

 

”Mr.Kim, if it’s okay with you. Can we take a walk together?”

He stared at me with an insisted look.

 

”Oh okay but the doctors said no activities that could include too much moves.”

 

”I see, well we’re not going for a run aren’t we? Haha.” He got up on his legs and put his shoes on.

 

We began to walk towards the entrance. As soon as we came out of the building, the sun were shining right at us. 

 

During our walk, I received a call from Minzy.

”Oh excuse me, I have to take this call.”

”I understand.”

 

I took a few steps away from him before I answered her call.

”Hi Minzy.” 

”Hey Kai! How are you doing today?”

”I’m doing fine and you?”

”Great. I’m good but I miss you very much. When are you coming home?” She sounded very excited when she heard my voice.

 

 

”Mr.Kim, can we go to the café later?” Yelled Kyungsoo from the distance.

 

”I understand, I miss you too.. a lot. I actually don’t know. The doctors haven’t told me anything but I guess I’ll be home very soon.” I ignored Kyungsoo’s question so I could focus on what Minzy was about to say.

 

”Was that Kyungsoo? I thought you didn’t like to hang out with him.” Asked Minzy surprised but I could clearly hear that she became a little bit disappointed.

 

”Yes. I know but it’s only for now, you know he has amnesia.” 

”I know but.. Yeah I don’t know. It seems so risky. Please be careful.” 

”I promise. Don’t worry. I love you, see you when I come home.”

”Okay. I love you too, see you.” Minzy sighed as she hung up the phone.

 

I put my phone back in the pocket with a depressed look on my face and then I went back to Kyungsoo. 

 

He looked at me with a wide smile.

”How is she?”

”How is who..Oh Minzy. Yeah she’s great. She just miss me a lot.” I looked down at the ground while I kicked away a little rock.

 

”You don’t seem convinced Mr.Kim. What’s wrong?”

”Nah it’s.. nothing.”

”It doesn’t seem like it’s nothing. Tell me, I promise to listen.”

”It’s just that, she kinda became disappointed when she heard I was with you. Usually Minzy doesn’t get easily jealous so I don’t know what the problem is.”

 

”Oh.. I see. Maybe she just wants you there with her. You haven’t been each other for a while, right? I know she were here just a day ago but you guys haven’t spend time with each other for real since the accident right?”

 

”Yeah, I guess you’re right. Thanks Kyungsoo. I hope she understands that I  miss her as well..  but come on, we should not stand here and be all depressed. Let’s go to the cafeteria.”

 

”Okay.” He giggled happily. Shortly thereafter, we went into the café. 

 

I went up to the desk to order.

”So what do you want Kyungsoo? I’ll pay for you.”

”Uhm, a cup of coffee and a cinnamon bun.”

”Okay, a coffee to me as well but no cinnamon bun for me, I can’t afford it.” I smiled a little while my stomach growled of hunger.

 

Kyungsoo looked surprised at me when he heard my stomach. 

He patted me carefully on the shoulder and smiled at me a little before I got the chance to pay the cashier for our coffee.

 

”Let me pay for you Mr.Kim.”

”Wh.. no it’s not needed. I can pay for the both of us.”
”Let me pay, please. Go and take a seat.” Kyungsoo smiled and looked at me with his big eyes.

 

”Oh.. o-okay.” I looked shocked at him before I took a seat in the corner of the café.

 

I waited a long time for Kyungsoo, it almost took him 20 minutes. 

 

 

AT THE DESK WITH KYUNGSOO

 

”Okay, that’s 65$.” 

”Okay, here.”

”So, who’s the guy you’re out with Mr.Do?”

”Oh.. uhm.. a very close friend.” He smirked at the cashier who smiled back at him.

 

The cashier were already aware that Kyungsoo’s memory was back.

 

”I see. It’s nice to see you with some friends for once in a while.”

”Haha yeah, guess so. Oh and can you do me a favor when we leave the café?”
”Yeah sure, what is it?”
”Tell us we look good together.”

”Your wish is my command, Mr.Do.” The cashier smiled gently as she gave Kyungsoo the tray.

 

BACK TO KAI

 

 

”Have a nice meal!” Yelled the cashier at Kyungsoo who were on his way to our table.

 

”Wow, you didn’t have to buy that much Mr.Do.” I became overly surprised when I saw the tray he was carrying. 

 

”Don’t be like that, I had to since I could not let you go all hungry.”

”Ah.. gomawo. It’s a nice gesture of you.” I smiled as I bowed a little to show that I was grateful.

 

”Now dig in.” Said Kyungsoo before he took a huge bite of his sandwich.

 

We both ate a lot at the café. When it was time to leave, it felt like I weren’t even able to move since I was so measured. When we were about the leave I could here the cashier yell something.

 

”Hey you!”

 

I turned around to make sure it was me she was yelling at.

”Are you talking to me?” I pointed at myself.

”Yeah you. You guys look pretty good together.” Said the cashier and winked. Kyungsoo smirked evilly but not visible enough for me to notice.

 

I turned around of embarrassment and we kept on walking.

While Kyungsoo walked in a slow pace, I went faster for each second.

He felt compelled to ran after and stop me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter