A FIGHT WITH THE DEVIL

LUCKY WITHOUT YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning I wake up next to Minzy who was lying on a mattress on the floor, I almost forgot she came here last night. I took a quick look at the clock, there’s no need to rush but I get up anyway. Minzy looks so peaceful when she sleeps, like an angel. We never watched a movie last night, instead we talked all night or actually until we felt tired enough to sleep.  

 

I wish we could have more of mornings like these together , in that case I would make breakfast on bed for her every time and hopefully she wouldn’t become suspicious, like..why can’t friends do breakfast on bed? Okay.. that sounds quite weird. I would never do that kind of thing to my other friends, besides they’re boys , so I would probably get a kick right into the crotch if I ever did that to them but maybe there’s a difference since Minzy is a girl. 

 

Because why can’t her best friend make her some breakfast without any suspicions. I decide to go down to the kitchen to make some breakfast to the both of us. When I’m done making breakfast, I go straight up to my room and Minzy has woken up, she looks pretty tired. 

 

”Good morning sleepy head. I made you some breakfast.” I smile widely while I put down the breakfast tray on the floor. 

 

She turns around to see what I just put down on the floor.

 

”Omo.. breakfast on bed! Waah.. Kai, you didn’t have to.” 

”Of course I had to, you slept like a log so I didn’t want to wake you up, besides, you’re hungry right?

”Yeah, very hung..”

”Then, dig in sleepy head.” I interrupted. 

 

Minzy grins a little bit while she takes a huge bite out of a sandwich.

I smile at her, why can’t it be just the two of us? Instead, Kyungsoo have to exist and ruin everything between us, I bet if Kyungsoo didn’t exist , Minzy would probably be mine by now.

 

 

”Kai, why do you complain about having a girlfriend? If you would treat her like this I bet she would feel like a queen.” Asks Minzy.

 

There we are again, if she could stop asking stuffs like that, then moments like these would feel so much better. 

 

”Yah , do you want to get rid of me or something? I have to take care of you, weirdo. You’re my best friend so it’s pretty much my duty.” I’m looking at her with worried eyes. 

 

”Haha no that was not what I meant. I just thought it would be fun to see you have a girlfriend for the first time and if someone is a weirdo, then it’s you Kai.”

 

”I see.. hey, do you want your best friend to be a weirdo all by himself? Let’s be weirdos together sleepy head, deal?” 

 

”Deal.” Says Minzy while she shakes my hand and giggles. 

 

”Now, let’s go. We have to get ready for school.” I take her hand to help her up from the floor. 

 

”Ah yes, but.. I don’t have my uniform. I will get detention.” 

”Oh no.. come on!” I grab her arm and starts to run towards her house.

”Where are you taking me Kai?!” 

”Home, we’ll just take your uniform with us to school, simple as that.” 

 

 

 

We’re moving towards the bus stop, the bus seems to be ready to go, so we start to run as fast as we can. We arrived at the bus stop in time, thank god. 

 

 

I take a seat at the back of the bus, Minzy comes right after she paid for her trip and then takes a seat next to me. 

 

At the next bus stop, can you guess who got on the bus? 

I don’t even need a guess to know. Kyungsoo.. of course that little freak. 

 

He sees us and takes a seat next to Minzy while he gives her a big hug. 

I just look at him with a disgusted look but I don’t show it too much so that Minzy can see it. She hugs Kyungsoo back while I’m just staring at them and Kyungsoo looks at me with his evil smile. 

 

 

”Hi Minzy. You look gorgeous as always. But now I’m curious, where’s your uniform?” 

 

”Aaw Kyungsoo you’re so sweet, while you are very handsome. Oh, we had an unexpected slumber party so I forgot to bring my uniform when I slept over, but we had enough time to go and pick it up at my house. I’ll just change to it when we have arrived at school.”

 

”Ah, I’m fluttered Minzy, of course I’m handsome.. I mean.. look at me. Nah haha, I’m just kidding but thank you very much. I see, did you guys had fun?” Kyungsoo is glancing at me while he answers Minzy.  

 

Who’s the one provoking now? huh? In your face, freak.

 

Minzy giggles.

”Yes we did had a lot of fun. Aaw.. don’t say so, you’re handsome Kyungsoo, you don’t have to deny it.” She puts her arm through his. 

 

I look out of the window to avoid the look of Kyungsoo and Minzy together.  I don’t even have a place in her life whenever he is here.  I can hear them laugh and giggle. By hearing them having fun, it feels like I have an ticking time bomb inside me that will explode sooner or later. 

 

After a while, it’s finally time to get off the bus. I drag Minzy with me out of the bus so she won’t be able to walk arm in arm with Kyungsoo.  

 

”Yah, Kai. What do you think you’re doing?” She looks annoyed. 

”I’m taking care of you, that’s exactly what I’m doing.” 

”Hey lover boy, leave her alone. Let Minzy decide, it’s her life.” Says Kyngsoo who just came out of the bus.

Why couldn’t the bus drive into the ditch when Kyungsoo was in it?

 

”No time to fuss guys, Kai let’s go we have a lesson in 5 minutes.”

 

 

 

”Minzy..wait.” Kyungsoo grabs Minzy’s hand and then he kiss her softly on the cheek.

 

”Take care.” 

 

Minzy smiles.

”You too..” 

 

Now I can really feel how it’s burning inside me, I want to kill Kyungsoo so bad right now so I drag Minzy away from him.

 

”Come on, we can’t miss the first lesson.” 

”See you on the lunch break Minzy!” Screams Kyungsoo while he smiles evilly at me before we got in.

 

Minzy smiles widely but I can’t stand it. Kyungsoo may think he’s smart but not smart enough to get rid of me. In this case I really don’t e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter