Dear son...

LUCKY WITHOUT YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He open his eyes slowly while looking at me with blushing cheeks.

”K..kai. It was not meant that you would find out, especially not in this way.”

 

”Find out what? The fact that you’re actually deeply in love with me?”

”No that I’m.. wait.. h..how did you know?” Kyungsoo was shocked, he stared at me with his giant eyes.

 

 

I smirked at him, his dark secret was now revealed.

 

”I must say you’re quite good at acting.. but not that good.” 

 

Kyungsoo was out of words, it was easy to tell just by looking at his gaze.

He shivered a little.

 

”How long have you been aware of it?”

”Not very long, in fact, I just got to know it.”

”I was hoping that you’d never realize what I’m feeling for you.”

”How come?”

 

He took a deep breath

”Because I know you’ll never have any mutual feelings for me, yet I can not stop thinking about you. I tried to hide them as smooth as possible while I did not want you to discover my feelings. It sounded like a good plan at the start but now when the damage is made, I’m not sure anymore.”

 

 

I could not help but hold myself from laughter, then I went up from my bed and streched out my arms. He was staring at me with a big question mark on his face.

 

”Come.”

”W..why?” Kyungsoo giggled nervously.

”Just come here.” 

”Is this some sort of a joke? If that’s the case I don’t..”

 

Before he could finish his sentence, I embraced him tightly.

”Yah.. pabo.. Wae..” Asked Kyungsoo with a raspy voice. 

”Does it have to be a reason for me to hug you?” 

I raised my eye brow as I released him out of my arms. 

 

”Yes of course. Everything in life has a reason.”

 

”Well, not this. Kyungsoo.. there is times in life where you just have to relax and take things as they come, that time is now.” 

 

He chuckled, his cheeks became so puffy and red when he laughed.

 

 

What if this is meant to be… Me and Kyungsoo? That thought have actually never come to my mind…until now.

 

 

”It’s getting late Kai… I have to go back to my dorm.”

 

Instead of letting Kyungsoo go all alone through the hallways in the dark, I offered him to stay with me during the night.

 

”Why don’t you stay here during the night… with me?”

”What are you trying to say?” Asked Kyungsoo suspiciously but with a smirk on his face.

 

 

”Yah, I’m sacrificing myself for you. Shouldn’t you feel honored?”

”Haha, you fool.”

”Hey. I refuse to let you go through the dark hallways all alone.

”Then go with me.”

 

I was looking right into his big eyes, for some reason I did not want him to leave. 

 

”Are you scared of sleeping next to me or something?” It felt like Kyungsoo was trying to avoid me. 

 

”No, I’m definitely not afraid. Listen to me Kai, I don’t need your sympathy. I appreciate your offer but if it’s not done by true feelings, then I don’t want anything of it.” 

 

His words went right through my soul, I could not believe what I just heard.

I was speechless. As soon as Kyungsoo left my room, my breaths became heavier and heavier, thereafter I went back to sleep although it took some time.

 

 

While the night turned into dawn and the sun was shining strongly through the window, my eyes stung. Slowly, I got up from the bed with a aching back. 

The motivation to stay at the hospital was gone with the wind, there was absolutely no reason for me to stay here. For a short second, I considered to leave the hospital and move on with life but it felt worthless right after the thought struck me. 

 

 

Suddenly someone was knocking on my door, in hope of seeing Kyungsoo, I opened the door quickly. 

 

”Hello Kai.” He was smiling brightly against me.

”Kyungsoo!.. I mean..what are you doing here?” I attempted to sound as disinterested as possible.

 

”Is there something wrong? You seem a bit concerned.” Asked Kyungsoo with a rarely low voice.

 

”No. Everything is perfectly fine. Now, answer my question, what brought you here?” I glared with nonchalance at him.

 

”Kai, why are you so cold? I wanted to visit you.” His face turned into a depressed look. 

 

As soon as I saw how his eyes transformated into pure sadness, I regretted my behavior immediately.

 

”Look, if you don’t want to talk with me, let me know because I’m tired of suffering.”Said Kyungsoo who were about to leave but I grabbed his arm tightly without uttering a word. He glared doe-eyed at me while I embraced him. 

 

”Lover boy.. stop. Please.” 

”How dare you?”

”Hm?”

”Why did that thought ever come to your mind?”

”If you were in my position, you’d understand…”

”Listen to me shorty, if I ever would stop talking to you it would be like stop breathing and we don’t want that to happen right?”

 

 

He was quiet for a long while, I were not sure if I said something wrong. 

For me, it was hard to interpret his body language. After a long moment of silence, Kyungsoo placed his arms around my waist while I was being pulled closer to him.

 

”You’re so stupid Kai..” He chuckled, thereafter his laugh turned into sobs and tears was flowing down his cheeks. 

 

”..but I still love you.” Continued Kyungsoo. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter