Donghae

Desirably Hateful

"Yes, yes it's all set. I have my plane ticket and next week I'll be flying over to see you," I told Taemin, slightly annoyed that he kept asking. Of course I was coming home!

"Okay good, and you're coming straight to my house right?"

"Duh, that's where I'm staying. The plane ride is quite a few hours though so it'll probably be a really weird time."

"What day is it again?" 

"The 9th or 10th, I can't remember what it said on the ticket," I replied, looking up at Eunhyuk as he came from one of his toy's dorms.

The past two weeks, all Eunhyuk would do is go over to other dorms and around with people so that he could feel back in control. He was leaving me hanging, bored to death 24 hours a day. It was a lot more exciting to make Eunhyuk angry.

"So I'll see you next week?" Taemin said again, making me sigh.

"Yes, I will. Now get some sleep," I said. "I love you." 

But did I really?

"I love you too."

But did he really?

A knock sounded at the door, causing both Eunhyuk and I to turn our heads. "Answer that, please?" I mumbled to Eunhyuk, sitting up in my bed. Eunhyuk was closer after all.

He rolled his eyes and walked to the door, opening it. The dorm leader stood in the doorway, giving us a look. "After breakfast the headmaster wants to see you. You'll be excused from class." His eyes darted from Eunhyuk, to me, and back to Eunhyuk before he cracked a small smile and walked away.

Okay.

"What did you do?" Eunhyuk accused, narrowing his eyes at me.

"What did you do?" I countered, raising a brow before getting up and getting dressed.

Only one week and I'd be free of school for a month, free of Eunhyuk, and I'd be with my Taemin. I missed my hometown terribly. Eunhyuk never being here obviously didn't help, it only fueled my boredom.

 


----------

"So, both of you are new to this," the headmaster said, smiling a little. "All the other dorm members are informed of this, but you're new," she looked at me, "and you haven't had a roomate for two years, which was the year we started the new going home schedule," she looked at Eunhyuk.

"Don't we just get in a car with a driver and go home?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"Technically, but not exactly," she said, folding her arms and looking at the two of us. "There will be a limo that will take the two of you to the airport. You will both board a plane that is taking you to Donghae's town."

"But-" Eunhyuk went to cut off.

"Your parents live only three hours away from Donghae's town. That being said, it won't be any trouble to share a limo again considering the airport closest to you is in Donghae's town. It's a matter of convenience and not wasting money. The only difference is Eunhyuk, you'll be flying first class." I rolled my eyes.

"I thought I was going to my parents house in Gyeongsang ?" Eunhyuk questioned, confused.

"Your dad called me not too long ago and told me that he has business in china and that he will be at that house so you should be too."

Eunhyuk groaned and put his head in his hands. "I hate it when he does that."

"Watch your language, Hyukjae," she warned, glaring at him.

His whole demeanor changed, a furious rage burning in his eyes. "What did I say about calling me that?"

A guilty and regretful look came upon her face immediately. "I forgot," she said quietly, giving him a sympathetic look.

"Um, can we go to class now?" I intervened, uncomfortable with the obvious tension. Eunhyuk wasalways so weird about being called Hyukjae. Maybe it has something to do with his dad?

"You may, but I'm going to have a word with Eunhyuk. Let me write you a pass," she told me, getting out a piece of paper. I stood as she wrote on the paper before shoving it in my hands.

I gave one last glance at Eunhyuk before turning on my heel and walking out of the room to my class.

Eunhyuk has so many problems.

 

--------------------------

 



The ride to the airport was extremely quiet. I was surprised, but I guess Eunhyuk is being decent enough considering we were going to be far away from each other very soon. 

We both stayed at opposite sides of the limo like it was an unknown agreement to not even bother with each other. I didn't want to be anywhere near that face and I'm sure he wanted to be nowhere near me either. 

Eunhyuk had his music in his ears, but I just stared quietly out the window at the dull scenery. Dark skies and many trees painted the world around me and made me begin to feel a little sleepy.

If the weather wasn't so incredibly gray I would've been sure that I was still in China. But now that I wasn't on the grounds of the school, I really began to feel like I was in a foreign place.

"We're here," a deep voice called. I sat up quickly, wiping the sleep from my eyes. I must've dozed off. 

I looked out of the window, staring at the large airport. It wasn't too long ago when I was last here, it seemed. 

"Are you coming or not, ?" 

I snapped out of my daze, seeing the door to the limo open with Eunhyuk's head poked in. I nodded and silently got out, grabbing my luggage from the limo driver's hands.

 


--------------------

"Hi sugar, could you get that flight attendants attention for me?" the old woman sitting next to me asked, pointing to the woman walking down the isle.

"Excuse me ma'am," I said as she walked by before looking at the old woman. 

"Can I get some more nuts please?" she asked in a raspy voice, adjusting her glasses on her nose. 

That had to be at least the fiftieth time that old woman I got stuck sitting by had asked the flight attendant for some nuts. How many damn nuts does she ing need? 

"Thank you sweetheart," the woman said as the flight attendant handed her nuts, giving me another weird look before walking away. "How old are you son?"

"Seventeen," I replied, shifting slightly away from her in my seat. 

"Oh, you're so young!" she cooed. For a second I thought she was going to reach out and pinch my cheeks. 

"Um, yeah."

"You got yourself a good girl?" she asked, looking up at me through her large lenses.

"No, not exactly."

"Oh, you like it up the do ya?" she said, giving me a coy smile.

I nearly choked on my spit, giving the old woman an incredible look. Was this Eunhyuk's grandmother or something? Can anyone possibly get anymore annoying and nosy? 

"Don't worry dear. My early husband liked it that way too. He left me for a man," she informed me, sighing. Why in hell was this woman telling me her personal life?

I just clenched my jaw and nodded, looking away from her to hopefully give off the vibe that I really didn't want to talk.

"Pitcher or catcher?"

I cleared my throat, turning my head back in her direction. "What?"

"Are you the pitcher or the catcher? In the relationship?" she repeated, tilting her head to the side.

"U-Um..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say. Was I really going to tell this random old woman whether I took it up the or not.

"Catcher means that you take it and pitcher me-"

"Pitcher! I'm the pitcher!" I said loudly in attempts to cut her off.

"Ah, you didn't look like a catcher much to me. Is your boyfriend the one that came on the plane with you?" I've come to conclusion that this woman is mentally off.

"No."

"Oh, that's odd," she remarked, eyeing me.

"He was a roomate of mine," I said shortly, not in any mood to have to explain myself and my whole situation.

"Oh," she said, yawning. "Well I'd love to chat with such a nice young man as yourself, but I surely am getting tired. Mind if I use your shoulder?"

I just swallowed thickly and looked away. She didn't need my approval. She was going to use my shoulder so what was the point?

Damn Eunhyuk and his first class plane ticket.

 

 

----------------------------------

 



"How was riding with all the freaks?" Eunhyuk taunted as he walked off to the luggage pick up.

"How about you shut the up?" I growled back at him.

"Ouch, someone didn't get a decent nap."

I just shot him a glare and trudged off to the area where my limo driver would be, dragging my luggage behind me.

I would finally have my own limo and soon I would be home and in Taemin's house, reuniting in very good ways and it would be hasta la vista, Eun-

Lee Donghae and Lee Hyukjae.

"Why...does it say both of our names?" a voice said behind me.

"Um, I don't have any ing idea," I said, walking unsurely up to the guy who was suppose to be our driver. "Uh, sir?"

"Hi! Am I your driver?" the guy asked, smiling politely.

"I think there's a misunderstanding. We're supposed to ride in separate limos...to separate locations," Eunhyuk said from behind me.

The guys brows furrowed. "I know you are going to separate locations, but there is only one limo for the two of you."

We groaned in synchronization as the guy turned to walk us to our car. "You've got to be ing kidding me," I hissed under my breath, shuffling after the driver.

The ride wasn't any different from the ride over to the airport, except I was a lot shorter. The tension seemed even thicker, if that was even possible.

I've never been through fifteen minutes that were that dreadful and aganozing. To put it nicely, I nearly jumped out of the car and ran to Taemin's house when we got on his street.

"This one right here," I mumbled, pointing to his house before nearly hopping out. I grabbed my luggage, still leaving some of it in the car. "I'll come back for this, I'm just going to set this stuff down real quick."

Eunhyuk moaned, throwing his head back. "Hurry, please."

I just rolled my eyes and walked up the walkway, ready to knock on the door when a car peeled into the driveway. I turned to look back, seeing Taemin's mom pulling up.

"Donghae! You're home! I wasnt even expecting you! Oh, I've missed you so much!" she shouted, engulfing me in a hug. "Here, let's go inside. Did something go wrong? Are you staying here. Oh, you probably want to see. He has a friend over, I think?"

"Okay, that's fine," I replied, giving her a charming smile. I was glad Taemin had friends to accompany him while I was gone. "I'm going to go say hey real quick and finish getting my things."

She gave me another smile before unpacking grocery bags in her kitchen. I turned towards the stair and quickly headed up, passing the various photos hung on the cream colored walls of the hallway.

"I'm-" I froze, my eyes wide and my heart beating fast. Involuntary tears of disbelief and shock started to well up in my eyes as I stared helplessly at something that couldn't be redone, fixed, or changed.

There, right before my eyes, stood Taemin, hovering above the "boy with dark brown hair and incredibly red lips" that he had explained to me not too long ago. The two were engaged in a hot kiss, neither of them wearing shirts, and the guy below Taemin wearing only his boxers. It gave me a strang deja vu of the first day I met Eunhyuk.

Their lips disconnected quickly, both of them giving me a dear in the headlights look. I just set my lips in a grim line as I stared back and forth between the two of them. 

"I think you should go," Taemin mumbled to the guy below him. The two stumbled awkwardly off of the bed as the boy below him tried to get dressed as he ran out of the door. He barely brushed past me before I grabbed him by his shoulder, punching him square in the nose before shoving him away from me and closing the door calmly.

Then I turned to Taemin, clearing my throat as I waited for an explanation from him. I didn't dare speak. I felt as if my voice would betray me and I would break down. My mind was racing as my heart thumped wildly and painfully in my chest, a feeling of heartbreak and distrust seeping through my body and pulsing through my veins. Chills erupted on my pale flesh, pain overtaking my body.

Is this what heartbreak was supposed to feel like?

"Donghae, I-"

"Stop," I commanded, already stopping him. I wanted an explanation, but more than anything I didn't want to hear those words come out of his mouth. I can explain. My eyes closed as I put my fingers on my temples, trying to calm my thoughts. "Just...did you forget the date or something that I was coming?"

"W-"

"Are you that ing stupid?" I interrupted again, opening my eyes to glare at him.

"I didn't want it to be like this," Taemin said painfully, running his hands through his soft, already messed up hair.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you wanted to keep it from me like it was a little secret. Forget it, I never saw anything," I said sarcastically, my breathing getting heavy as I fought the urge to just explode.

"Donghae, I was going to tell you! I didn't even mean for it to happen."

"How long?" I asked incredulously, tilting my head to the side.

"A few days after he came. I just missed being touched so much, and-"

"That's not a ing excuse at all." I shook my head.

"I never wanted to hurt you," he replied, a look of pity in his eyes. And that ing pissed me off.

"No, Taemin seriously? How big is your head? You weren't the only one. I cheated on you too. And not little kisses and dates like you and your damn boytoy. We ed. More than once." I almost smiled at the sight of Taemin's pity turning into pitiful. "And that bruise? No , it was a hickey. And the other day, when I said my stomach hurt? I lied. He was blowing me off as I was taking to you. And I didn't give a because I couldn't care less! I didn't love you anymore either. So don't flatter yourself, princess."

Taemin was nearly bawling at my feet as I admitted the truth, but despite the heavy weight of pain on my shoulders, I felt the heavy weight on my shoulders lift. It felt so incredibly good to tell the ing truth. I didn't have the guilt hanging around anymore.

"You thought I needed you? I don't. Don't ever ing forget that you're the one that depended on me. You're the one that needed me and came crying to me for everything. I never needed you like you needed me. I'm so glad that we're ing over because you were a jealous, clingy, ungrateful little . And I really hope you have fun with your new guy, because it won't be long before he gets tired of you too," I spat, giving Taemin one last glare before grabbing my luggage and storming out of his house though.

As soon as I left his presence, my tough and strong front collapsed, the weight of the pain nearly shoving my too the ground. I clenched my jaw and closed my eyes shut, trying to rid of the tears.

A few loose tears fell down my cheeks and to the crease of my lips, a salty taste entering my mouth, as I opened the door to the limo, grabbing the rest of my things in a haste.

"Why did y-"

"Shut the up," I hissed, not in the mood to look, hear, or even breathe the same air as anyone else, especially ing Eunhyuk. 

"Um, are you o-"

"I'm fine," I said sharply, throwing my luggage onto the sidewalk before slamming the door shut. The limo stalled a second before it slowly backed out. It wasn't even completely out of the driveway before I collapsed to my knees.

My shoulders sagged and my hands curled around my ribcage, sobs wracking my body. I shook and cried, trying desperately to release the intense pain in my chest. Why the hell was I so distraught? I did the exact same thing. I was just as bad, wasn't I?

I clutched onto my body for dear life, heaving and gasping for air in attempts to calm myself. Taemin could be looking out his window right now, and none of the words I had spit at him would really even matter at all. 

I slowly picked up my luggage, sniffling occasionally as tears rolled freely down my cheeks, soaking my face and even my neck. I felt like falling straight to the ground again, but I managed to compose myself, wiping at my eyes. What the was I going to do with myself?

I had nowhere to go.