Donghae

Desirably Hateful

"This is so ing dumb," I hissed as Eunhyuk tried to put that dumb flower pin thing on my suit.

"Stop complaining, you look hot in a suit. Now how do you put this thing on?"

Well thanks you, sir.

I bit back my blush, replying, "I don't know, I've never done it before!"

He hissed, putting the pad of his thumb to his mouth to soothe it after sticking himself with the pin once again.

"Screw this," he said, throwing it on my bed. "I'll just do your tie."

"Fine, you can do that," I told him, lifting my head up a little so itdidn't get crowd him. He did seem to have a little bit of trouble with this stuff.

Eunhyuk grabbed ahold of each side of my tie, pulling my close as his lips touched my neck.

"We're going to be late," I whined, pushing at his arms. 

He sighed and pulled back, looping the tie in the many ways you have to in order to get a simple tie. I could feel his gaze burning on me as he gave me an intense stare, but I refused to look into Eunhyuk's eyes because I feared I might just get lost in them.

"Why aren't you looking at me? You look dumb staring at the ceiling like that."

I quickly pushed my head down to his level, embarrassed by being caught. Was it that obvious I was avoiding him? "U-Um, I-I...well, uh... I don't know," I stammered, my cheeks pink.

Eunhyuk chuckled, his forehead falling against mine as he looked down, finishing the last of my tie. I examined his dark hair, swooping even a little into my eyes in its messy state as we were so close like this. I wanted to see his eyes. Those dark, mysterious eyes that drew you in slowly. 

"There," he whispered, a small smile slipping on his face. "All done," he told me, patting my chest where the tie was before sliding his hands down my torso.

"I'll do yours now," I said awkwardly, stepping back a little to do his tie. Eunhyuk disagreed with my idea of personal space, holding me close by the waist as I fumbled poorly with his tie, our faces close.

"Eunhyuk," I mumbled quietly, daring to look into those tempting eyes. 

"Hmm," he mumbled back, lost in the moment.

"L-Let's actually go to the dance instead of ing, okay?" I stammered, finishing his tie. I knew what he wanted but...

"I thought you really didn't want to go?" 

"I..."

I really did want to go. I mean, I may not be the most romantic guy but I really was a romancer at heart and a winter dance sounded like a dream come true. 

White and blue everywhere in the dark room, dancing to the music on the dancefloor under the lack of lights. Imagine how fun it would be! But I had to be stubborn with Eunhyuk. I couldn't just say yes after he left me hanging like he did. I wasn't easy.

We were civil now but the war was far from over.

"Okay," Eunhyuk said slowly, his eyebrows furrowing. "I won't question you on it becaus you're just going to get all frustrated. Let's go."

I finished his tie and we left our dorm building, joining other people that were walking the short walk to the formal itself.

About halfway to the building, Eunhyuk's hand slipped into mine, both startling and pleasing me. A small smile rose on my face as I gave his hand a small squeeze, continuing to stroll along without looking at him.

"It's a beautiful night," Eunhyuk whispered, his breath fogging up my sight.

"It's cold," I commented, shivering a little.

"I think I'm only warm because I'm so ing nervous," he replied, his arm going from our sides to my shoulders as he released my hand, trying to warm me a little.

"Why are you nervous?" I wondered aloud, moving closer to him as we moved along the busy pathway, his breath warming my face as he spoke.

"It's been so long," he breathed out, squeezing my shoulders. "Everyone's going to be shocked. 'Why the hell is Eunhyuk here?' 'What the is going on?' You have a lot of pressure on you too."

"What, how?" I questioned, whipping my head in his direction quickly. 

"People are going to ask who you are and why you're with me. Why you're so special to me that I'll take you somewhere people would never imagine me even being able to thinks about. They don't know me like you do, Donghae. Remember that."

"They're going to think we're together," I commented, frowning. I'd really been forcing the fact that we're not together on Eunhyuk. It wasn't because I hadn't thought it to be something potential for the future. It's because I saw it being very possible of happening and I was too ing scared of the same thing that happened with Taemin happening again. I couldn't handle that all over again.

Eunhyuk breathed out through his nose, his nostrils flaring a little. "Don't ruin my night with that talk again."

I rolled my eyes, shooing it away. I wish I could explain to him why I was doing it and why I felt this way, but heartbreak was new and the world of heartbreak I felt I was lost in.

You can't explain something when you feel lost in it. You just can't make sense of ing anything and it's so damn frustrating!

"Wow, we're here. The line to enter looks long, maybe we should just-"

"No," I interrupted, glaring at Eunhyuk. "I didn't put on a suit and walk a ing mile in the cold for you to chicken out. You've waited years to do this, Eunhyuk. You deserve it so stop having second thoughts and just do it!"

Eunhyuk gave me a long, emotionless look that made me bite my lip and fidget. Now I ing felt like exploding or sometjing. It was so easy to tip Eunhyuk off the edge because he was always standing right on it. Always so quick to get angry.

His lips touched mine lightly, surprising me. "Mm?" I questioned, jerking back a little.

Eunhyuk pulled away, laughing a little. "That was my way of saying thanks. I needed that little kick in the ."

"Oh," I laughed in return, my face heating at the embarrassment of being so freaked out. It was just a kiss, damn.

"Tickets?" a teacher at the entrance asked, looking at us expectantly and disapprovingly. I rolled my eyes and gyrated my hips towards Eunhyuk obnoxiously to piss her off.

She looked mortified, her jaw dropping as she looked at me like I was the Devil's spawn or something.

Eunhyuk was laughing so hard I thought I saw tears spilling from his eyes as he shoved the tickets in her hand and walked through the entrance.

yeah, lady.

I like .

"What are we supposed to do at these things?" 

"I don't know, I've never been," I replied, tilting my head to the side as I watched people like they were aliens or something.

Some people were getting drinks, some people were just walking around, some were sitting, some were eating, some were dancing, some were talking, some were kissing.

There's so much to do. What the do you do?

"I...guess I'm thirsty?" I stammered, confused as I looked upon everyone.

"I guess I need to piss?" Eunhyuk said in the same tone, looking over at me.

We both shrugged awkwardly, making a move in opposite directions. "We'll...meet back up in a moment then?"

"Yeah, I think we're supposed to."

I nodded and my heel, heading towards the drink table. "Can I get you anything?" the teacher at the drink table asked, a cup of ice only in front of her. 

"Um, just water," I said, not really thinking on it much.

She poured it from a Dasani bottle, which was weird, before handing it to me with a small smile. Maybe it's a Dance thing?

"Thanks," I said, raising it to my lips as I turned around. "Mm!" I said, making a noise of surprise as I nearly ran into someone.

"Hey Donghae," my...kind of but not really friend from class greeted, grinning. He was more of an acquaitance, really. I don't make friends. 

I don't get along well with others if you can't tell.

"Hey kyangmin," I said, smiling back. "Who are you here with?"

Kyangmin was a good guy, but he wasn't very social. He talked some, but not a lot. And I never saw him talking to girls much so I wasn't sure who he managed to score a date with.

"My girlfriend, Luna. We've been together for three years," he said, jerking his head behind me to a group of girls talking and laughing animatedly.

I recognized this Luna girl as the one who hit on me the first day I was here with a distaste in my mouth. I didn't think Kyangmin would go for someone so...willing and conniving. Kyangmin wasn't really very... popular, if I dare say it, so I was kind of confused.

Winter Dance is weird.

"Ah," I commented, my brows furrowing as I watched her and her friend do weird things.

Girls are so ing odd.

"Who are you here with?" he changed the subject, giving me an awkward smile.

"Oh, I'm just here with-" 

Eunhyuk's body slammed into mine, his lips hard against my cheek as his arm held my waist to him. "Hey baby."

"Eunhyuk, what the hell?" I questioned, shooting him a glare and shoving at his chest. 

"What? I can't kiss your cheek and hold you close? I guess I didn't get the memo that you aren't allowed to do that to your date."

"I'm in the middle of a conversation with someone. That's rude," I huffed, pulling myself away from him as I looked over at Kyangmin, who had an odd look on his face.

"Oh," Eunhyuk said boredly, looking Kyangmin up an down. "Who the are you?"

"Eunhyuk!" I cried, slapping his arm. "Be ing polite."

" isn't a polite word."

"And neither is being mean to my... kind of friend. Seriously, you're acting five years old," I scolded, giving him a look.

Kyangmin laughed awkwardly, extending his arm like a gentleman to shake Eunhyuk's hand. "I'm Kyangmin."

Eunhyuk looked at his hand before he met his eyes again, his jaw clenching. "Eunhyuk."

"I know who you are," Kyangmin replied, rolling his eyes, but not in a mean way. "Everyone doe-"

"Kyangmin!" a shrill voice called from behind us, causing him to turn around to his girlfriend. She waved him over, a slimy grin on her face. "Let's go dance!"

"Well, girlfriend calls and I must answer," he said, laughing. "See ya later, Donghae. And you too, Eunhyuk."

"See ya," I replied, trying to control my anger.

"I didn't know they were dating," Eunhyuk commented, smirking.

My jaw dropped as I stared at this completely impossible human being. "And I didn't know you were such a jealous motherer."

"What? I wasn't jealous."

"You're ing kidding me," I deadpanned, "You nearly tackled me to the floor just to get a good moment in back there."

"I was helping you out! That guy was all over you."

I just stared at him, shocked. Completely ing shocked. I stumbled over my words, finally able to talk. "You are such a jealous little ! I was talking to my friend and we were like two feet from each other!"

"I wouldn't pinpoint you to be the type to have friends, Donghae."

That wasn't even my ing point. "I have friends!" I defended, glaring at him. He gave me a pointed look, making me feel like a weak . "Okay, maybe I don't but you don't have ing friends either so you have no room to speak!"

"I don't need friends," Eunhyuk replied, rolling his eyes.

"I don't either, you !"

Eunhyuk opened his mouth to speak when a fast song came on, swarming over us so loudly that we couldn't even hear properly. Eunhyuk's eyes lit up. "Donghae," he yelled over the music. "This is my favorite song! Dance with me."

"No! You bipolar ."

"Ugh," he groaned, glaring at me. "Fine, I'll go dance with ing anyone else."

"Have fun, but God forbid your dance partner tries talking to their friend," I spat, sitting down at one of the tables.

Eunhyuk definitely had fun dancing. The whole night he sat there, dancing with anyone and everyone. They were all surprised to see him, but didn't seem to mind considering this was kind of like a party.

Without the drugs, , booze, and ing in the middle of the dance floor. Other than that, it was perfect for Eunhyuk.

I just sat in my chair like a sob story, wondering why Eunhyuk even wanted me to come in the first place. It didn't look at all like he needed my moral support. He just needed someone to show up with to make him look good.

And like an for getting jealous.

I mean damn, can I not even have a decent conversation with someone?

We're not a couple. He has no right to be jealous. I wouldn't be jealous if he was making out with someone on the dance floor right now!

I glanced over to the dance floor, my eyes widening as I saw Eunhyuk grinding against someone, their lips ridiculously close as they kept a good pace to the music that was soon ending.

A feel rose up in me, clogging my throat and chests and bringing water to my eyes.

Holy .

I'm ing jealous.

Maybe I should just go...

But-

"Donghae?"

I snapped my head up, seeing Eunhyuk hovering over me. Wait, what?

I darted my eyes back over to the dance floor, noticing that it was actually a girl and a guy now kissing as the song turned to a slow one and their dancing slowed.

I shook my head and blinked my eyes rapidly, feeling defeated by my eyes playing tricks on me. 

"You look like you want to kill someone, but I want to ask anyways," Eunhyuk said quietly, biting his lip. "Dance this last one with me? Please?"

I sighed, realizing that this time I couldn't say no. I couldn't waste my night even more. "Fine," I said shortly, walking to the dance floor.

Eunhyuk's long arms wound around my face, my own wrapping loosely around the back of his neck as my head fell in the crook of it.

We kept a steady pace and I couldn't help but feel like a cheesy idiot. "I'm sorry," Eunhyuk mumbled finally, his arms tightening.

"For?" I pressed on, fighting a smile.

"For being a jealous ."

"So you admit you were jealous?"

Eunhyuk sighed with obvious annoyance, his chest rising and falling against my own. "Yes, Donghae. I was ing jealous."

Another song came on, confusing me. "I thought that was the last song."

"Oops," Eunhyuk said and I could imagine the smirk that was most likely growing on his face right now.

"," I whispered, keeping my head buried in his neck as we continued our slow pace of dancing.

This really was cheesy. Dancing in suits, corny prom decorations lining the dominantly dark room. How ing typical of a high school dance. "This is ing dumb," I mumbled against his neck.

His hands slid down, gripping my . "Hmm," he said, laughing lightly. "Better now?"

I laughed heartily, my face nuzzling against his warm skin. "Yeah, better," I whispered, a content smile gracefully falling on my face as the feeling of perfection and content soared through me.

Who even knew Lee Hyukjae could make me feel so ing alive?