- Chapter -

Strange Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Chapter Four -

The wind rustles my hair, although it's cold, like ice brushing my hair, I shiver, rubbing my arms for warmth as we make our way to a restaurant

"I really wasn't expecting to see you at school, how did you get in?" I questioned and looked to him with curious eyes; I noticed how he furrowed his dark eyebrows at my question.

"My mum thought it would be best for me to finish my education, I didn't want to but she forced me, the school let me in with open arms when they found out how much she was willing to pay." He scoffed at the last part and clenched his fists until his skin turned white, I quickly looked away from the boy who I could barely recognise anymore.

I couldn't understand why he was so unhappy to be here, the Jungkook I remember was kind and gentle, most importantly he was my best friend.

But he's changed completely, he's cold and obsessed with violence, I really want to hang out with him since he's my old friend, but I also can't help but be frightened of him at times. Should I just leave him alone? I don't know if I'll ever be able to get back the old Jungkook.

"So your mum bribed them to let you back in?" I roll my eyes, I thought he was better than this, but a small sadness crawls into my chest, I take a few breaths before speaking "So, did you not miss me at all?"

His grip becomes looser as I ask this, his face softer, but he shrugs, shoving his hands in his pockets "I don't know, I didn't really think about you, or anyone really, I had no reason to miss anyone since the probability of me dying was high"

I chuckle a little, throwing off my sudden nerves at the thought of him passing away, I move my hair out of my face that so irritatingly flies around me "Well your not dead, so you can miss me now can't you?"

"Your're strange." He shows me a small smile with tight lips, there is always a military feel to all of his emotions "Why would I miss you when you are right infront of me? plus we have all the same classes, I won't get a chance to miss you."

I raise my eyebrows at him a little as we approach the restaurant, I become sceptical "What's with this? Why are you suddenly being all mushy with me?"

He snorts, throwing his head back in a small laugh "You call that mushy? Let me make it clear for you." He looks me in the eyes, his playful, soulful eyes that I missed so much no longer lie there, instead an empty pupil filled with meaningless emotions "I won't miss you, no matter where I am, who I'm with or what I'm doing, I barely care for you.."

That hurts me more than it should, I hold my chest, I exhale slowly, then remove my hand, I don't want to show weakness Infront of him "If you don't care for me why are you here?"

"I'm here because I feel sorry for you, I don't want to be here, I'm just doing your feelings a favour." He points to my chest, I frown at his finger as if he was trying to spoon feed me, I slap his hand away.

"Whatever jackass let's just go and eat and I'll leave you alone." I hold myself uncomfortably, not knowing how to be in his company when he so obviously doesn't want to spend a second of his time with me "You could of said no, I would of just left."

He strides ahead, opening the door for himself and leaving it to almost slam in my face, luckily I catch it with my hand and continue walking into the warm restaurant, we sit at a table very close to the window, I just bite my lip, he looks at me from across the table "I'm here for the free meal, I wasn't going to pass up that..."

Aggravation and rejection gushes through me, I feel my face burning red as I hold the menu tight to the point of my hand aching "You know how hard I'm trying to be your friend right now kookie?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter