- Chapter -

Strange Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I flinch at the voice, but his touch doesn't bother me. A numb sensation of false affection comes from the touch he gives out, I simply let out a sigh, shoving his arms away from me. 

"Beauitful? You must be looking at the fair" I murmur and shuffle away from him along the railings that hold the crowd back, I hold onto them and try to ignore him. But this becomes impossible as he is idiotically close, a smirk on his lips "Yeah that isn't the best way to greet you" he grimaces at his own actions and shoves his hands deep into his pockets. 

"No screaming today? I'm waiting for you to give me that glare so he will come and save you again"

He lets out a breathless laugh, I flicker my eyes onto him, letting out a vast of shock. My go wide as I see the gigantic bruise under his eye and along his cheek, his lip purple and swollen slightly; even his neck is red from where Jeongguk grabbed him.

"Close your mouth and stop gawping" Jin grumbles, looking to the floor "I don't know what use it is, but I want to apologise"

I close my slightly agape mouth and look at him intensely, a deep sadness swells within his features, something I hadn't noticed before, his eyes are pure with bitter regret as he looks me in the eyes, adjusting his pink cap to cover his face.

"I'm sorry for that weekend, and everything I said yesterday, I'm not going to bother you with the excuse because there is none I'm just...sorry..."

Silence wavers through us, my grasp on the railing tightens "sorry huh?" I mutter, looking towards the women dressed in elegant feathers dancing "Sorry..." I mutter the word repeatedly, as if trying to make sense of such a simple word.

"Fine" I say sharply, turning on my heels "Walk with me and talk to me, I'm lonely anyway" 

Maybe it's the confidence of knowing I have Jeongguk or my idiocy but I am not afraid of Jin, he looks vulnerable. 

Jin keeps up a steady pace with me, keeping his distance and his hands in his pockets, I fish some money from my pocket and buy two lots of candy floss from the stand, shoving one at Jin.

"Here, eat this you look hungry" I murmur with a small smile as I begin to slowly eat mine, we wall along the peer. Jin finishes his food quickly, throwing the stick in the bin.

"Why are you being nice to me after everything? I expected you to hit me"

"Me too" I chuckle, shrugging my shoulder as his question "I don't know, you seem fragile...and I want you to tell me your excuse, no matter how stupid"

He looks at me curiously as I beam him a smile "Your a weird, stupid girl" he looks away and scoffs "You would let someone get away with murder wouldn't you? You forgave me so easily.."

"Probably" I sigh honestly, remembering Jeongguk in the alley, covered in blood, I wonder where he is now "Past all of that...why did you do it? Why were you such an ?"

The sun disappears behind a cloud and the sky becomes dark as Jin explains to me his story, we end up walking back on the beach, the breeze from the sea slaps against my legs.

"So my dad wanted me to get an arranged marriage, I felt trapped...so I went around acting like a married man who just wanted an affair..." He laughs at himself, shaking his head "I am disgusting for doing all of that, there is no excuse no matter on the situation"

"Your right there is no excuse" I pick up a rock and throw it into the sea, the Rock is swallowed by a small wave "But I have forgiven you so you no longer need to feel the burden"   

I bite my lip and kick the sand "Never say or do anything like that again" I look at his face, still frozen with the emotion or regret "I don't think anyone will forget what you did, but they might forgive you, I won't ever forget what you did, it will scar me for the rest of the life, I even struggle with affection in the bedroom because of what you did I-I!!!..." I take in a shaky breath as I try to reel in my anger "But it's all better...Jeongguk helped me"

Jin's melancholy eyes flicker onto me, he shakes his head " I am sorry, from the part of my heart that isn't tainted I am" He  shakes his head "nothing I can do will make it better, but I know I have said sorry..."

"You have and I have forgiven you so shut up" I let out a small laugh, feeling something wet hit my cheek. I grimace as I look up at the grey sky and see water floating down from it "yuck rain" 

I complain as I put up the hood, looking at Jin "Come, I'll walk you home" 

"I don't like rain either so let's go" He murmurs as he leads me up the stairs and back along the peer, I stay close to him as the storm gets worse, holding onto his jacket so I don't lose him.

"About the arranged marriage" I mumble, looking up at him "You can always say no, or marry someone you like, there will be a way out I promise, just don't lose hope"

He smiles and nods his head, paying carful attention to the road as we cross, I sigh "You probably shouldn't walk me the whole way home okay?"

I shudder as the rain hits me harder, I clutch onto the bags in carrying and whine "Why not? Is your mum going to hurt me too?"

"No" I laugh nervously "I am staying at Jeongguk's at the moment that's all..." 

His face looks sighted s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter