- Chapter -

Strange Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I lean against the wall, clutching my head between my palms. I focus on my breathing which is still uneven and raspy, my vision blurred with tears. I glance at the door in which he left, pearly and white.

I have to go after them - him!

I scramble up from the wooden floor, ever so clumsily, I stumble into the coat rack, holding onto the wall as I take in uneven and panicky breaths now, my throat feels as if it is on fire, the flames in a ring around my breathing tubes.

I don't dare close my eyes out of the fear of not being able to reopen them. I look down at my attire, my s almost showing as the gown is slightly agape, my hair still damp from the shower, a dressing gown that only covers the bare essentials.

Frustrated with my choice in clothing I dodder towards Jeongguk's room, yanking out the first draw I get my grasp on, only when I am dressed in one of his shirts and a pair of shorts to I realise the erratic panting and cries escaping my mouth, accompanied with the saltiest of tears. 

Having no time to calm myself I make a brisk exit towards the front door, borrowing one of Jeongguk's coats as I go, His odour flares off the coat and winds into my nostrils; as the door closes behind me, the sweet intoxicating smell almost knocks me off track. 

I shake my head, trying to distract myself as I dash forward, sprinting out of the house, I try and think of where he would of gone, where would he find Jin? 

I run aimlessly through the street, no sense of direction as to where I am heading. Although my eyes frantically search every alley, street and garden. 

A flint sparks In my head, the only place I could think of that I'm certain they would be, my souls ache as they repeatedly step on the rocky, cracked pavement; But I push myself forwards, forcing myself to continue running down the road. 

Thunder grumbles in the sky as I emerge out into a main road, my heart beat thrums in my ear as I look towards the centre of this god forbidden town.

Not far away now.

I usher to myself as I struggle to dart down the path, A stitch erupts in my side and I gasp in pain, ignoring it almost immediately. I see the café just ahead, my heart fluttering pleasantly besides the abrupt effort to try and pump my sloshy blood around my body. 

Lightening shoots across the dim sky, followed by splatters of rain, my pace finally slows and stutters as I place my hand upon the handle, my heavy breathing is loud, my heart is galloping so fast I would be surprised if no one heard it. 

As I open the door a gust of wind gives me a shove and I stumble slightly, the door closes with the silent tinkle of a bell. My eyes scavenge across the room for a familiar face, I stand aimlessly near the doorway, my search - to no ones avail - was unsuccessful.

My eyes slip onto the table where me and Jeongguk were sat, before Jin had to ruin it. I clench my hands in sadness and annoyance, many people's eyes are on me now, I hear a gasp from the far side of the café as there is a boom of thunder from outside.  

I turn my back on my disappointment of an idea and exit into the horrid show Mother Nature has played tonight, still my pace is steady as I don't lose my hope, although my heart sinks a little.

Where is he, where could they have gone?

Am I too late? 

My hair is caught up in the rain, beads if fresh water stroll down my skin, I feel an overbearing sense of fear climb over my shoulders and sit on my head.

My feet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter