Four

El Dorado Academy (엘도라도 학원)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoonjung was really tired when the school was over. Her new classmates kept bombarding her with questions about the outside world school life since they had been practically living in this Academy ever since elementary. It was not really a bad thing though, she felt welcomed by them to be honest. They were all friendly and warm, and they treated her as if she was already one of them.

Not only that, few minutes after she sat down at her place, she felt as if someone was reading her mind. She glanced around to see anyone trying to read her thoughts, but everyone was busy paying attention to the class. She shut her eyes for a moment and blocked anything that was trying to get into her head. Once she felt her head free, she focused on the lesson with walls built around her head.

To Yoonjung’s luck, one of her new friends,Hyosung offered to guide her to her dorm.

‘Nah, not a problem. We’re heading the same way anyway,’ was what Hyosung said when Yoonjung felt guilty for troubling her.

As they walked, Yoonjung made sure she memorized all the paths to get to the dorm and to the class. It was quite far, as they had to walk out of the building, then cross some roads that divided into the road to girl’s dormitory and the road to the boy’s.

Of course, once they arrived to the dorm, Yoonjung couldn’t help but to let her jaw drop as she stared at the building. How much money did they invest in building this academy?

‘So,what room are you in?’Hyosung stopped midway.

Yoonjung took the key she got from the reception lady earlier out from her bag. ‘Room 402,’ she dangled the key in the air.

‘Ah, Room 402….What?!’Hyosung gasped loudly.

‘What-Why?’Yoonjung asked frantically.

Hyosung twisted her lips. ‘Let’s head to that room as I explain..your roommate,’ she gave a sympathy smile.

‘What does that mean?’Yoonjung furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

As they waited for the lift, Hyosung explained.

‘Well, don’t look at me like that. Maybe it’s not as bad as it seems. I mean, your roommate is Song Jieun. She’s the president of second class and she’s in the same year as we are.’

‘Does it mean, I’m stuck with some sort of…Queenka?’Yoonjung lowered her voice as some students walked out of the lift. The two of them entered and Hyosung pressed the button “4”.

Hyosung shook her head. ‘Don’t worry. She’s not. In fact, even the Queenkas of this school rather have nothing to do with her. And that’s why she’s quite scary.’

‘Why?’Yoonjung tilted her head, still failed to understand.

‘She has this ‘I-don’t-give-a-damn-about-anything’ aura around her. Very intimidating, mysterious and quiet. She’s also very strong, her ike is. She once almost burnt a group of boys during middle high school to death because they made fun of her. Luckily one of the teachers interfered,’ Hyosung whispered they got out of the lift.

Yoonjung’s eyes widened slightly before they returned to their original size. Hm, what would her reaction be if I told her I’ve killed people before? Well, that’s a different story. If I don’t kill them, I’m the one that would be killed.

‘Here’s your room,’ Hyosung nudged towards the room. ‘See you tomorrow.Good luck,’ she wished before she left.

Yoonjung let out a nervous sigh before she inserted her key and twisted the door knob opened. She expected the room to be dark and gloomy, having to hear the roommate she had was mysterious and such. But aside from the again jaw-dropping interior design of the room, everything else was normal. No skulls, no illuminati, no nothing. Just normal.

(Imagine there are no top bunks,only the lower one, and the other remaining beds as their closets)

 

Yoonjung stepped into the room and glanced around the room. Her bags were located in the corner of the room and she wondered which bed she was supposed to have.

‘The left side,’ a quiet, yet cold voice spoke.

Yoonjung almost jumped if not she was carrying her heavy school bag on her shoulders. She spun around and blinked surprisingly to see a girl with long blue bangs that reached just above her eyes.

‘Your bed is on the left side,’ the girl,which Yoonjung took it as Jieun from the obvious description, closed the door and walked passed her, heading to her closet to get some clothes.

‘H-Hi, I’m Choi Yoonjung. A new student,’ Yoonjung politely introduced herself.

Jieun nodded curtly without any interest. She took her clothes to change and headed to another door in the room which Yoonjung thought of it as washroom.

Yoonjung slumped herself on her bed on the left side. ‘That’s….better than I expected,’ she muttered, referring to meeting the Song Jieun. She waved her hand for fun but soon gasped horrifyingly to see a ball of water formed and splashed down the floor.

‘What the-When?!’ Yoonjung bit her lips as she remembered, ‘Yeah..that girl tried to drown me before..water.’

After that event, Yoonjung tried to be a good roommate for the next second; she said no word at all seeing that Jieun looked as if she wanted nothing to do with Yoonjung.

 

 

‘What the hell is this?!’ Chanyeol shouted in enraged.

‘They are our supplies for our mission,’ Lay calmly said, putting on his cloak around himself. They were just a step away from the Academy’s wall that separated the school from the outside world.

Chanyeol glared at the healing-unicorn prince and stomped towards the supplies. Flames of fire were left behind on his footsteps.

A bright flash of light blinded their vision for a while before the light flashed out and dispersed into air like firecrackers. A figure suddenly appeared after it, ‘Ah,beautiful.Haven’t been doing that for quite a time.’

‘You just did that last week,’Lay pointed out, fixing the supplies that had been kicked by Chanyeol.

Baekhyun scrunched his nose in annoyance before he smirked,‘What’s the fuss, Prince of Fire? You look like you’re about to deliver a baby out,’ he mused.

Chanyeol set the spot Baekhyun was standing on fire, but Baekhyun was too fast for his power to catch him. In less than a blink of eye, Baekhyun was already behind Chanyeol, ‘You know you can never beat the speed of light,’ he winked before he shrugged when he remembered something, ‘Well,only Tao does.’

Chanyeol growled before he decided to just grab his part of supplies. ‘If it wasn’t for this mission, I will be seeing my mate today!’

‘It was all about that?’ Baekhyun snickered and grabbed his part of supplies too.

‘I don’t know about you, but I’ve been waiting for my mate this whole time. To be sharing her with you,’ Chanyeol rolled his eyes, ‘I don’t even want to think about it.’

‘Chanyeol,all of us want to meet our mate as soon as possible, so, we should move now and finish our mission so we can get back here to school and meet her,’ Lay stepped between the two glaring males, trying to avoid any possible fights.

Sighing in defeat,Chanyeol nodded curtly, ‘Let’s move,’ he changed into his wolf form, bit the supplies with his teeth and dashed into the woods.

‘Aish,that rushing bastard,’ Baekhyun exchanged glances with Lay before both of them changed into wolves and dashed into the woods.

 

 

Yoonjung and her new friends, which also happened to be her classmates headed to the cafeteria when the bell rang, signaling it was already time for recess.

‘Just go straight, walk down the open stairs, turn left and walk straight again. You’ll find the cafeteria. I’m sorry but I really have to go,’ Hyosung apologized for not being able to accompany Yoonjung to the cafeteria. Supposedly, Hani and Jooyoung were with them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter