Twenty-One

El Dorado Academy (엘도라도 학원)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yoonjung counted slowly till ten as she stood in front of Chanyeol’s door. She waited for the answer that decided whether she could enter or remained outside. She could hear soft footsteps from inside getting nearer to the door, and obviously, it wasn’t Chanyeol.

‘Yoonjung-ssi, you may enter,’ said the owner of the footsteps as she opened the door for Yoonjung.

Yoonjung smiled, trying to ignore the weird churning feeling inside her stomach as she saw the sight of Chanyeol’s body wrapped in bandages.

‘Hey..’ Chanyeol greeted her weakly. He looked at Jieun and jerked his head towards the door. Jieun nodded, knowing exactly what her master wanted her to do.

‘I’ll be waiting outside, Prince Chanyeol,’ she closed the door and left them both inside.

‘It’s not your fault,’ Chanyeol said, knowing exactly what Yoonjung was thinking as her eyes trailed off the bruises and the wounds on his body.

Yoonjung bit her lips, although they have been saying that these kind of things are natural, Yoonjung still feel she’s partly responsible for those injuries.

‘Sorry-,’

‘Don’t be,’ Chanyeol cut her off. ‘And don’t ever blame yourself. I’ll pay them twice if that makes you feel better. That if; they bonded to you,’ he smirked.

Yoonjung didn’t know if she should laugh or frown at that statement. She knew that he said those words to ease her, but at the same time, he really meant them.

So to avoid any future complicated situation, she took his right hand into hers as she sat beside him; perhaps this was where Jieun sat? (Oh shut it Yoonjung! This is nothing to be jealous of! She scolded herself.)

‘There’s no need for you to do that. I don’t want you to injure yourself anymore,’ she spoke.

Chanyeol’s lips slowly formed into a soft smile. His free left hand reached for her strand of hair and he tucked it behind her ear.

Yoonjung’s eyes widened in surprise with the unexpected action. She felt blushes started to creep on her cheeks as she felt the warmth of Chanyeol’s thumb as he brushed it against her right cheek.

‘I love you.’

Yoonjung’s heart beatened furiously against her ribcage. She swore her heart was pounding so loudly that both of them could hear the sound of it; proven when Chanyeol suddenly smirked, seemingly proud of his effort to make her heart raced.

With a feeble excuse that he should rest (and of course with his protests), Yoonjung excused herself and met Jieun in the hallways, few steps away from the room; most probably to ensure she wouldn’t be able to listen to any private conversation exchanged between Chanyeol and her.

‘Jieun-sshi,’ Yoonjung called.

Jieun bowed deeply at her, in which Yoonjung quickly told her not to.

‘Why are you bowing at me?’ Yoonjung asked in concern.

‘I’ve been instructed to serve you as well by Prince Chanyeol,’ Jieun replied without any emotion in her voice. Yoonjung couldn’t tell if she was kidding, and if she were serious, if she was dismay to have to serve her.

‘No, please don’t do that. You are my roommate. It will be awkward to have a this kind of relationship, won’t it?’ Yoonjung furrowed her eyebrows.

‘But it is my Prince’s order. If I fail to follow such a simple order, then I have failed myself,’ Jieun answer showed that whatever Yoonjung was going to say will not falter her.

‘Alright then. I order you,’ Jieun waited as Yoonjung her lips as she tried to construct her sentence, ‘I order you to act like my roommate and friend when Prince Chanyeol is not around, and act like how you should be when Prince Chanyeol is around.’

Jieun blinked . Her deep blazing eyes stared right into Yoonjung’s, and she could see a twinkle in her eyes as she was processin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter