First

El Dorado Academy (엘도라도 학원)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note:They may be wolves, but they also live as if they’re in human world.

 

Split.Splat.Split.Splat.

‘RUN YOONJUNG!RUN!’a woman hollered as she used her last strength to block all the incoming werewolves; or so that was what the six-year-old Yoonjung thought.

The sight of the werewolves were sick. It could make any person barf right on spot. The werewolves were furless, their bodies only covered by brownish, scaly and maturate skin. Their fangs were long and sharp, giving them the advantage to rip their enemies off mercilessly with just a bite.

The woman, Yoonjung’s mom, knew she was too weak to attack, so she stayed before the werewolves,guarding the place as Yoonjung ran away together with her dad. Any werewolves that tried to pass across the border Yoonjung’s mom was guarding in her wolf form would be hindered.

It was until a sharp cry that Yoonjung recognized as her mom's did she stopped running. She looked back, only to see her mom was falling down, her fur was soaked in blood as the werewolves were ripping her body off in shreds.

‘OMMA!’

Yoonjung’s dad looked back to his beloved wife too when he heard the scream. ‘Sooyeon,’he whispered in despair. His world crushed down as he watched his wife limbs were shred viciously by the werewolves.

One of the werewolves then looked up at glared at them. It dashed towards them in a frightening quick speed.

‘APPA!’Yoonjung shrieked.

Knowing he had no time to waste, Yoonjung’s dad, Joohyung turned into his wolf form, picked Yoonjung up on his back and increased his speed too.

‘Hold on tight Yoonjung!’he said telepathically.

Yoonjung crouched down to avoid the branches that were zooming towards her. She tightened her grip on her dad’s fur.

A screeching howl was heard right after that. Yoonjung looked back and screamed as she saw the werewolves were inching nearer towards them.

‘APPA!FASTER!’Yoonjung yelled, breaking the silence in the cold night among the eerie howls.

‘Hold me really tight Yoonjung.Appa is going to jump!’

Yoonjund held onto her dad tighter.

‘Here we go!’

Yoonjung felt as if she was flying in the air. She looked down and bit her lips to prevent herself from screaming out of fear. She was afraid of falling into the deep,endless ravine, but she believed in her dad.

Yoonjung winced at the impact when she safely landed on the other side of the cliff. The werewolves that were catching after them immediately halted when they saw the ravine. They didn’t dare to jump across it as it was quite far. How Yoonjung’s dad was able to jump, she didn’t know. Maybe the adrenaline helped?

Yoonjung dad gritted his teeth in fury as he glared at the werewolves who killed his wife. Not wanting to waste any more time, he turned around and continued to run with Yoonjung safely on his back.

 

 

‘Don’t you love mom anymore?Why do you want to marry that aunty?’ten years old Yoonjung asked her dad sulkily.

Joohyung smiled softly as he caressed his daughter’s hair. ‘Of course I still love your mom.I will never forget her. She’s the only one that I will love until I die.’

‘Then why are you marrying her?’Yoonjung pointed to a woman in a bride’s gown dress. She was laughing as her friends were congratulating on her wedding. Two of her daughters were standing behind her, looking bored.

‘Yoonjung,look at me,’ Joohyung cupped his daughter’s cheeks. ‘I’m not marrying her because I love her. I’m marrying her because I want to hide our identity so that nobody will know the real us. At least when someone is hunting you, they will probably shrug it off when they know you have a family. I’m going to change our family name to their’s.’

‘I thought the bride should change their family name to the groom’s?’Yoonjung tilted her head.

‘Well yes. But I’ve talked about this matter and your stepmom agrees,’ Joohyung pretended to whisper. ‘Even if I didn’t talk about it, I’m sure she doesn’t want to change it. She said it was the only sign that she was her previous husband’s wife.So you will be Choi Yoonjung now, not Hwang Yoonjung,arasso?’

Yoonjung laughed as her dad winked.

‘It will be our little secret,okay,princess?’

‘Arasso,’she lifted her pinky finger and made pinky promise with her dad.

 

8 years later.

Yoonjung stretched her limbs as she yawned. She looked to her right and smiled. ‘Morning appa,’she kissed her index and middle fingers at once before she placed them on the photo frame that held the picture of her smiling dad.

Her dad died two years ago due to accident. Well, that was what the others believed. But Yoonjung knew that her dad was murdered. Her dad was too strong to be killed in an accident. Her dad was burnt into ashes in the supposed “accident” so she couldn’t say goodbye for the last time to his dad, just like her mom.

Yoonjung climbed off her bed and headed to the bathroom. After she finished changing into her school uniform, she headed to the kitchen and made herself a breakfast. It was then two voices screeched as they stormed into the kitchen.

‘Yoonjung!Why haven’t you iron our school uniforms!’her first stepsister,Hana raised her arm to pinch her.

‘Touch me and I won’t give the two of you any allowance for this week,’ Yoonjung said nonchalantly as she chewed on her toast.

‘W-What?!You !’Hara and Hana then screamed into her ears.

Yoonjung rubbed her sore ears. ‘Forget about it.You won’t get any allowance for this week,’Yoonjung dumped her plate in the sink. ‘If you want your allowance back, wash my plate for me.’

‘No way!’Hana scoffed. ‘Who am I?Your maid?’

‘Exactly!’Yoonjung clicked her fingers. ‘Why should I iron your clothes?Who am I?Your maid?’she repeated her stepsister's words mockingly.

Hara narrowed her eyes. ‘You really ask for it, don’t you?’

Yoonjung rolled her eyes. ‘What are you going to do now?Throw a bucket of ice water on me like what you did to me last week? Or maybe throw rotten eggs at me, the same you did to me last month? Or probably soak my bag and my books into drainage? There’s a long list that I would love to say out loud but it will probably take a whole day for me to finish it and do I have to remind that the two of you will be late for school?’

The stepsisters looked at each other before they screamed. ‘WE’RE LATE!’ Both of them ran upstairs.

‘Annoying wolves,’Yoonjung scrunched her nose and proceeded to wear her school shoes.

‘Yoonjung,’the voice that she can recognized anywhere uttered her name.

Yoonjung sighed and spun around. ‘Yes?’ She looked at her stepmom in boredom.

‘I made you lunch. I thought you didn’t have time to eat the lunch I made for you yesterday so here this is the lunch for today,’ her stepmom held out a Tupperware.

Yoonjung stared at the Tupperware for a moment before she eyed her stepmom. ‘Thank you but no thanks.’

Her stepmom, Minhye pushed the Tupperware into Yoonjung’s hands. ‘I insist.’

Yoonjung pushed the Tupperware back to her stepmom’s hands. ‘Sorry to disappoint you.’ She stared right back into her stepmom’s eyes. ‘But your attempt to kill me always ended with a failure. So don’t bother to try again.’

Minhye widened her eyes before she coughed to gain her composure. ‘W-What are you talking-,’

‘There’s no need to lie,’Yoonjung waved her hand dismissively. ‘I gave the food you made for me yesterday to a cat, and guess what? The cat died. Do you know why? Because you put a sufficient amount of poison in the food which can kill a werewolf.’

Minhye pursed her lips. ‘I have no idea what you are talking about.’

Yoonjung lifted an eyebrow. ‘Do I have to remind you that even if I die, my wealth will go to the orphanages? You won’t get a single cent. Not at all,’Yoonjung grinned and closed the door.

‘ARGGHHHH!’

Yoonjung chortled as she heard the scream. The sole reason why her stepmom married her dad was always because of money. Without her dad, her stepmom will be living in the streets with her daughters. She continued to skip until she reached her school. After her victory against her stepmom (as childish as it sounds, she was still proud of it), she was in a good mood and she wanted to spend it by enjoying the soft breeze instead of in the cramped bus.

‘Yoonjung annyeong!’ students from another class greet.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter