Ten

El Dorado Academy (엘도라도 학원)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoonjung had never been so stressed in her life. On the way back to the dorm, students kept talking behind her back, adding the fact she was indeed a doll to the princes, seeing how the Lux Prince reacted.

Some even concluded it was merely coincidence and the Lux Prince was just having fun flirting with a random girl which happened to be her.

Even when she was lining up to choose for her food for dinner in the girl’s dorm cafetaria, she had to turn her head to the wall facing her to avoid the stares.

Hyosung kept glaring at those with judgmental looks, while Hani nudged her head daringly at them as Jooyoung growled, ‘What are you looking at?’

‘Alright, I don’t quite understand why they keep looking at you, but must they make a fuss about the princes?’ Hani rolled her eyes. 

‘They’re jealous, they’re jealous,’ Jooyoung repeated.

‘Don’t mind them Yoonjung,’Hyosung said.

‘Young lady, you looked so stressful,’ the cafeteria worker pointed at Yoonjung’s sullen face when she placed her tray of food to grab a banana.

‘Eh?’Yoonjung tilted her head when the worker gave her a glass bottle of fresh milk.

‘Drink this, you’ll need energy for you daily activities,’the cafeteria worker cooed.

Feeling it would be too rude to reject the milk, Yoonjung nodded her head and thanked the worker for her kindness.

‘See? Even someone who doesn’t know you can tell you’re in distress,’ Hyosung said when the four of them were on their way choosing a table to sit.

‘It’s not what you think,’Yoonjung mumbled. I was actually thinking about the princes. Why are they suddenly showing themselves to me? I’m just someone new in this school.

 

 

It was cold.

It was dark.

It was too silent.

Yoonjung glanced around. She couldn’t see anything. It was black, pitch black.

‘HELLO?’

Her voice echoed as though she was in a long tunnel.

The hair on her neck rose. The beat of her heart accelerate. The temperature of the place dropped.

The familiar eerie chills ran through her spine.

She huffed and puffed, shutting her eyes tightly.

That feeling, the one I felt during the sparring, she curled her hands into ball of fists. The more she tried to feel its presence, the more she was convinced it was not hunters.

Because the feeling was too strong, too strong to be the hunters, had she felt the hunters before this. But yet, the feeling was too familiar, she swore she had felt it before, but she couldn’t put the puzzles where and when.

All she could think was she knew she had felt it.

The more she stayed still, the higher the pressure the presence brought. She didn’t even realised she was trembling, and her skin was deadly cold.

Her breathing grew heavier, she didn’t know what happened, but she wanted to escape this dream.

It was a dream, wasn’t it?

 

Yoonjung’s eyes immediately fluttered opened. She sat up slowly and looked around cautiously. Once she realised she was in her bed and Jieun was sleeping still in her’s, she sighed in relief. It wasn’t until a soft, melodic tune of a flute caught her attention.

Yoonjung got off her bed and walked step by step towards the window. Making no noise, she slid the window opened and was welcomed by an ethereal art play.

Beautiful, Yoonjung subconsciously thought.

As though she was possessed, though she was sure she wasn’t as she could still think on her own, her feet brought her out from her room. She walked along the dark hallway, positively sure that everyone was already asleep. She managed to take a glimpse of the clock on the wall before in her room, 3:34 a.m.

The sound of the flute was too beautiful to be ignored that she was dying to know the identity of the player. The lift made a ding, the sound echoed throughout the big, empty building as she arrived at the ground floor.

Her feet continued to make its way towards the exit. When she was just about to push the door, she froze. Was she doing the right thing? What if there is something bad out there? But the Headmaster told her this school is safe, didn’t he?

Pushing away all the thoughts to the back of her mind, she walked out of the building. The sound of the flute grew louder when she was out.

She glanced around, looking for the source of the sound and found it was coming from the forest. She smiled, Is that the same person whom I met before when I was lost in the forest?

Giddily, her steps became faster and faster as she headed straight towards the sound without taking care of her surroundings.

 

 

Jieun felt the room suddenly became too windy. Being a light sleeper, she woke up immediately and rubbed her eyes and looked at the source that caused the window to open.

Yoonjung? was the first thought that came across her mind. Did Yoonjung left the window opened?  She never touched the window in her whole life.

She looked to her right, where Yoonjung’s bed was and her eyes shot opened. She scrambled off her bed to the toilet in their room. There was no one inside.

‘Yoonjung?’ she called loudly. Just then, she heard faint footsteps coming from the window. She hurried towards it and cursed under her breath when she saw Yoonjung, who was out of the building, sprinted towards the forest.

Instead of using the normal way of exiting the building, she jumped out of the window, and landed gracefully on the ground.

‘Yoonjung!’ she shouted her name, chasing after Yoonjung from behind. She went into the forest and and growled when Yoonjung was almost out of her view. Just when she was about to chase deeper, she was flown back by a force.

Jieun groaned but still managed to stand up. After all, the force didn’t cause her damage.  Jieun carefully walked to where she was sent flown back. She held up her palm and flinched when her skin came in contact with electrical shield force.

Jieun staggered backwards, Yoonjung managed to run through it without anything happening to her, while I can’t.

‘I must tell Prince Chanyeol,’ her face darkened. She ran towards the Princes’ mansion, changing herself into a wolf on the way.

 

 

Yoonjung eyes were closed as she unconsciously followed the sound of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter