Twenty-Two

El Dorado Academy (엘도라도 학원)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘So, mind telling me what was your dream all about?’

‘H-How-’ Yoonjung gulped, ‘What are you talking about?’

Luhan cocked his head to a side. ‘You don’t think lying will work here with me, do you? You may be strong, but once you’re asleep, it’s really easy to get inside one’s mind. Especially, if that person is having nightmares and their shield to protect their mind crumbled instantly.’

‘Were you trying to read my mind this whole time?’ Yoonjung glared at him. ‘That’s rude!’

‘Don’t try to change the topic,’ Luhan pointed a finger to her. ‘I have a reason to do so and even if I don’t want to penetrate yours, whatever dreams you’re having came to me.’

Yoonjung choked on whatever words that were about to force their way out of . He was being serious, that much she knew. She never spoke to him before so she didn’t know Luhan as a person. He might be violent if she pushed too much of her luck.

‘So what do you want me to do?’ Yoonjung grumbled.

‘You’re going to be with me everyday after school to have some lesson from me,’ he shrugged casually.

‘Everyday? A lesson from you? Why should I do that?’ Yoonjung stood up. She was absolutely astonished with the ridiculous suggestion from this pretty face prince. She had her own life to deal with.

‘Because you don’t want any enemies to enter your mind and ed it up, do you? Who knows they might alter your memories while you’re crying out your nightmares.’

Well, he got a point.

‘That is not enough of a reason to make me see you everyday to get whatever lesson from you. I appreciate your offer though it seems like you’re used to doing the things you’ve said.’

Luhan smirked, ‘You’re smart. I do admit I did that to some of the selected enemies I had out there. And that’s precisely why I know what’s going to happen to you if there’s someone has the ike to control minds.’

Yoonjung’s eyes narrowed.

‘I know that you’re strong, but you still have a lot of things to learn, especially when you’re defenseless; like when you’re sleeping,’ he then pointed to himself cockily, ‘and who else can teach you that better than I can?’

She rolled her eyes and looked away.

‘Besides,’ the same voice suddenly felt so near, and she suddenly a breath on her ear, ‘we can spend our time as mates.’

Yoonjung turned her head to look at him and gasped as he was merely less than an inch away from her. She took a step back as they held a staring contest.

Out of nowhere, she felt the last barrier that refrained her mind from being interfered was being attacked. She tried to concentrate on her ike to build more protection around her mind, but it was as though someone just stabbed the layers of protection without stopping until they finally crumbled. Yoonjung abruptly looked away, holding her head between her hands.

‘Stop whatever you’re doing!’

Luhan did as told, ‘So you understand me now?’

Yoonjung blinked away tears that started to form. She continued to glare at him, ‘That was uninvited!’

‘Do you think the enemies will ask themselves to be invited to read your mind? Or worse, messing with your mind?’ he sneered.

Yoonjung’s jaw tensed.

‘You know the answer fully well, don’t you? Look into my eyes and remember this Yoonjung, enemies will try to attack you anytime, anyday, anywhere with any methods they can. They will try to mess with you, and if you’re caught and they’re looking right into your eyes like I did just now, then you will forever be trapped in whatever they tried to do.’

Yoonjung’s knuckles went white as she clenched her fists. Deep down, she knew he was speaking facts.

‘You know what? Let’s change the plan. I will call you whenever I want, till then,’ he jerked his head towards the door, which flung open.

‘Don’t make that face,’ he said as Yoonjung’s face fumed in anger, ‘you might kill me if I keep you for second longer in this room, and I definitely don’t want that. So if you want to go, just go. If you don’t want to, then I’ll welcome you to stay with open arms.’

‘Jerk!I have no reason to listen to you!’ she stomped out of his room and ran straight to the stairs. As she took step by step hastily, she bumped into another person- literally. She held her nose in pain as the person in front of her watched in concern, though the emotion was not shown on his face. He was not the least affected by the bump.

Yoonjung bowed, ‘Sorry,’ she looked up and saw the prince which had took her breath away during her first time meeting him. His face was so near to her that she could count his eyelashes. She was aware of how hard her heart thumped at that moment, but she couldn’t get her eyes off the prince. They kept staring at each other until the prince broke into a small smile.

‘P-Prince of Ventus,’ Yoonjung finally snapped out of her trance, dipping her head low, ‘I’m so sorry.’

‘Sehun.’

Yoonjung blinked at him in confusion. He stared at her for a while. For some reason, Yoonjung found this prince to be different from the others. He had caught her attention since the first time they met, and for some unknown reason, she felt strangely attached to him, more so than the others.

‘That’s my name,’ he continued, ‘Call me just that.’

‘Oh,’ Yoonjung blinked again. Suddenly aware of her idiocy and sudden intimacy of calling names, she blushed, forgetting all about Luhan.

‘Can I call you Yoonjung?’

‘Yes!’ she nodded too eagerly. Upon realising her action, she looked away, frowning in embarassment.

Sehun silently chuckled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter