Twenty

El Dorado Academy (엘도라도 학원)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sensation of cold water hit Yoonjung’s skin lightly. She peeled her eyes opened. It was dark. She couldn’t make anything out of her surroundings. Her legs struggled to walk but she couldn’t feel the ground.

Wait, what-

No, she wasn’t on land. She’s floating. She’s floating in the water. And that was why she couldn’t walk.

Fear started to dawn in. She tried to swim up but the more she tried, the further she sank in. She began to panic. The water was slowly swallowing her as a whole. She tried to cry for help but only bubbles came out of . A swift movement of black swirls crept onto her body as she swam.

What is this thing?! She tried to brush away the swirls but they suddenly tightened and pulled her limbs. More swirls began to surround her and forced their way on her. She cried for help, but again, no sound came, only bubbles. The swirls increase their tightness, to the point where she could feel her bones almost crushing.

Somebody help me!

She tried to shout but again, only bubbles were produced.

Help me!

HELP!

Before she could even feel the sensation of her limbs being crushed, she ran out of oxygen and fell into a state of unconsciousness.

 

‘Oh poor child, victim of the situation.’

Yoonjung tried to pry her eyes open, but she was too scared. She was too scared if she were to open her eyes, she would have to undergo much more horrendous torture. She had no idea when she was taken out from the water, but her cloth was still wet and she was shivering in cold silently, meaning it wasn’t that long she was out.

‘Poor, poor child,’ that voice said again. It was a woman’s, and her tone indicated she was feeling anything except sympathy. Underneath her voice, Yoonjung could detect the sarcasm as she felt stares boring into her face, probably the woman’s stare.

‘So are we going to kill her after this?’ another male voice asked, sounding so bored.

‘I don’t think so,’ the same woman answered. ‘What do you say?’

A long silence followed after that.

‘It seems…she is free to be let go,’ this time, another strange voice said. His voice was serene to listen to, unlike the others although he sounded young, so young, that he was most probably around her age.

‘Are you kidding me?’ the woman said in annoyance.

No response from the male.

‘Tsk, this is so boring!’ the first male whined.

A sudden trembling of Earth causes the others to be alarmed.

‘What’s happening?’ the woman shrieked.

‘They’re coming,’ the young boy said, ‘for her.’

‘REALLY?!’ the other male sounded excited.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter