Traitor

Revenge & Regret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana finally came to her senses and opened her eyes. She couldn't see anything. Only darkness surrounded her. She blinked a couple of times and could feel her eyelashes rubbing against something. It was cloth. She was blind folded. That's when she began to worry. Keeping calm, she tried to move but she couldn't. Hana assumed that if she was blindfolded then she would most likely also be tied up. Unfortunately she was dizzy and exhausted as well. Whatever that doctor, or trespasser in this case, had given her, it had drained out all of her energy.

Despite being exhausted, Hana tried to wiggle her way through the ropes she was being captivated in. There was no such luck in this situation as the ropes were to tight. To make matters worse, there was no way she could break the chair she was sitting in for it was metal rather than wood.

Feeling useless and tired, she slipped back in her chair. Hana could feel sweat starting to drip down the side of her face. 

A few minutes later and a few attempts of wriggling herself out of the chair and figuring out how to escape from this mess, Hana heard footsteps creeping closer towards her. 

A man stopped just a few steps away from Hana. Soon after, others followed and gathered around her. 

“Take the blindfold off,” the man that had stood in front of Hana demanded. In no time, one of his men proceeded with the command. 

A strong bright light overpowered the darkness and blinded Hana. It took a while but once Hana adjusted her vision, she looked around the room slowly. Her sight was still unsteady but she could see enough to get a rough idea of her surroundings.

She had noticed that there were many boxes stacked up against the walls. She realized that she must have been in a warehouse. Furthermore, there were six men surrounding her, keeping their distance, and were all dressed in black. 

Other than the extremely blinding light, something — or rather someone — stood out like a sore thumb. There was a man standing directly in front of her wearing a white dress shirt, black vest, and grey dress pants. He had the aura of a billionaire. 

Without a second glance, Hana immediately recognized who this man was. The Chairman. It was the man Tao had his eye on the whole time during his time at the hospital. From the start, Hana had a suspicious eye on this guy however, she still felt that familiarity every time she laid her eyes on him. It wasn't a good feeling. 

"It's nice to see you again, Hana." The man spoke and released Hana from her thoughts. His words made her question who this man was.

Again? What does he mean by that? And how does he know my name? Hana thought. 

“Ah, you must be curious as to why I used the word 'again', right? And how I know your name I assume?” He looked at her with those intimidating eyes of his. Hana showed no sign of movement but he continued, “Well I do understand. Who could blame you, right? It's been 12 years. How could someone remember things that took place that long ago? Especially since you were only ten years old at the time.”

“Just get to the point will you? How did we meet? Refresh my memory,” Hana said with a dry smile on her face and a tone to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter