One Step Closer

Revenge & Regret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana's surroundings seemed to freeze as soon as she saw the contents of the envelope.

A part of her felt regretful, however her other side told her that she was one step closer to completing her mission because the contents of the envelope was pictures and information of her. Yes, pictures and information of Hana. Her schedule, her background, photos of her in the studio, with friends, everything. 

Without realizing, Lay and Tao walked up to Hana. Lay was surprised to see her looking through the envelope but quickly tried to brush it off with a simple excuse. "Oh, that was for SM! Trainee purposes, you know? So we can get to know the trainee better and make sure they're not staining our company. Not that I think you're going to stain the company, it's just their... companies' words not mine." Lay said a little agitated and he quickly snatches the envelope out of Hana's hands.

Hana gives them a dumbfounded look and changes it quickly into an understanding and reassuring expression. "Oh, I understand. Companies like to keep themselves clean and pure so no bad news spreads, right? I'm sure we wouldn't want that happening." Hana says with her most convincing smile as she emphasises the word 'we' in the sentence in hopes of getting a reaction from the two boys. Surprisingly, they didn't even flinch. Oh, you two are good. I bet they taught you how to hide your emotions. At least not too well, considering how nervous you were as you saw me looking through the envelope. She thought as a devilish smile crept onto her face.

"Yeah. Well we better be heading back now or else we'll be late. See you later." Lay said as he started walking. 

Hana was going to say something until she was cut off by Tao, "Lay, aren't you going to finish your cake? It's a waste if you don't." Tao said as he made cute puppy dog eyes. More like panda eyes though which looked like it was saying 'I want the cake, I want the cake, gimmie the cake.'

"Oh, right. Sorry Tao. I'm kind of full but you can have it if you want." Lay said with a reassuring smile. The younger boy was beaming with joy as he reached for the cake. 

Oh God no, Tao don't you dare eat that c-. Hana stopped her thoughts as soon as she saw the panda take one big bite of the cake and gulp it down in one go. -ake. I swear the next time I see you I'm going to strangle you to death. Hana made a note to herself as she felt the anger boil inside her. She could imagine herself reaching out and pretending to put her hands around Tao' s neck. Of course all of this was in her mind but she really wished it wasn't. 

She put on a fake smile and waved them goodbye as she saw them exit the café. Hana slumped back into her seat and rested her head on her arms on top of the coffee table. "Damn brats. It's like they saw right through me, ugh." She mumbles to herself as she ruffles her hair in frustration and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter