Hit-and-Run

Revenge & Regret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hana was ecstatic to hear those words leave Kyungsoo’s mouth as she became overwhelmed with a sensation that could not be explained. However, she was determined to keep her cool in front of her colleague. 

“Bring up the layout of the hospital. I want to see exactly where he was; his exact routes in the building, anything,” she demanded.

“Roger that,” he said as he typed in a few words on his keyboard. Multiple screens appeared on his computer, but only a few showed what she was looking for; Tao’s whereabouts in the hospital. 

Hana stared at the screen for a few seconds, searching for any clues as to why he was at those particular floors and spots.

“Over here,” Kyungsoo pointed at the screen. This cut off Hana's thoughts and redirecting her attention to him. “It's the first floor. He was at the food court,” he deadpanned.

Of course. Hana said to herself. Typical Tao.

"Anywhere else?” She questioned. 

“Uh…,” he wavered as he typed in more keys on his keyboard which brought up new screens that she didn't see a moment before. Kyungsoo clicked on the multiple tabs using his mouse until he found the right one and continued, “this is the 14th floor,” he pointed to the screen in a circular motion. “Basically, he was just in the waiting room the whole time before he left,” he explained, earning a nod from Hana. 

“But there's more,” Kyungsoo said and turned to face Hana. 

“What is it?” She asked.

“Tao was on these floors the whole time the tracker was functional,” he said as he turned back to his computer and typed away on his keyboard. “See, this is day one as you can see here,” he said pointing to one of his computers farthest to his left before turning to point at his other two computers that seemed to show day two and three. “Day two and day three. As you can see, they're exactly the same. He never changed his route. It was just a matter of time.”

“What do you mean?” She wondered.

“Well… I mean with his training schedule and all, there are different times he would get there. So whatever he was looking for or whoever he was looking for, he probably missed them due to his schedule,” he answered. 

“I see.”

“Bring up the CCTV footage, I want to see what exactly he was doing on those two floors,” she commanded.

There must be a reason as to why he’s been using those same routes. What were you looking for? what were you waiting for, Tao?

In less then a second, Kyungsoo was typing away. He brought up many videos to his multiple computer screens, but only one caught her eye. “Wait!” She yelled. “Show that one,” she pointed to one of the videos.

In the video, it only showed Tao receiving an envelope at the food court, but he didn't open it. He must've known what was inside.

“Show me the video where he's on the 14th floor, please.”

Kyungsoo clicked on one of the videos and clicked play. The video revealed Tao in the waiting room still holding onto the sealed envelope. However, there was one thing Tao was doing suspiciously. Tao was just staring at a door constantly. Then, the door opened to reveal a man who seemed to come out of the chairman’s office or who seemed to be the chairman. Tao’s gaze was fixed on the man. The man bowed to a few nurses and doctors, patients as well, until the chairman’s gaze came upon Tao’s. He bowed and Tao also bowed in return. The man took his leave followed by Tao a few minutes later. 

There was just something so familiar about the chairman. Who was he exactly? Hana's memories were blurry and she couldn't seem to remember who he was. Whatever it was, Hana was determined to figure it out.

“That's it,” Kyungsoo said, pulling Hana out of her thoughts and back to reality.

“Okay,” Hana answered before she added, “did you check the footage of after he left the hospital?” She asked.

“Yeah. He headed to SM due to his schedule,” he replied and  Hana only responded with a nod.

“I should get going, it's already one o'clock. I need to get these microchips on Tao and Lay,” she waved the bag filled with exactly three microchips inside before she added, “send the address of the hospital and the warehouse so I can head down there after I put the microchips on them. I'll text you when I do so.”

"Will do. See you soon,” he said and bid goodbye.

“Bye.”

After that, Hana headed out of the headquarters. 

Before Hana arrived at SM to meet up the guys, she needed an excuse. She had already planned out what she was going to say. There's no way they would deny hanging out with her with what she was going to bring them. Bubble tea. She was going to lure them in with bubble tea. 

Hana opened the door that lead to EXO-M’s dance practice room to reveal six sweaty guys sitting on the floor. They were trying to catch their breath meaning that they must've been dancing non-stop like always. However, she was looking at one particular person. Luhan. He was sitting down beside Xiumin as he wiped off the sweat that was glistening off his neck and face.

Hana couldn't seem to look away and stop counting every droplet that would find its way down his neck and onto the floor, but she had to. She heaved a heavy sigh before she spoke, “hey guys!” She waved as she came into view and closed the door behind her. “I brought some bubble tea,” she smiled as she lifted the tray of bubble tea in the air. Upon this action, she made contact with those doe eyes that she longed to see. 

“Hana!” Xiumin exclaimed as he ran up to her to give her a big marshmallow hug that she could melt into. After they separated, Xiumin took the tray away from Hana. Hana took this chance to slip her hand into her right pocket where the microchips were. "What are you doing here?” Xiumin asked.

“Oh, well I thought I would stop by and see how you guys are doing. I didn't want to come empty handed so I brought some bubble tea along with me since I know how tired you guys must be,” she explained as she sneakily grabbed two microchips in hand. Xiumin only nodded in response as if to say thank you along with the rest of the members.

“Hey,” Kris said from her left as he came up to her to give her a hug. Hana greeted him as well in between their hug before they departed and another pair of arms encircled her which seemed to belong to Chen.

“Hey,” another voice said which she knew belonged to Tao. He playfully pushed Chen off and gave Hana a hug. Hana found her chance. She slipped the microchip under his plaid collar shirt making it unnoticeable since everybody’s attention was focused on the bubble tea. 

It was Lay’s turn to say hi and give her a hug. Again, Hana slipped the microchip under the collar of his shirt. “Hi,” Hana said when they separated.

Now there was just one person left. Luhan. He walked up to her and left an awkward 60 cm gap between them. “Hey,” he said as he averted his gaze to the floor and scratched the back of his head. 

"Hey," Hana said in a hushed voice. She too averted her gaze.

“So, how've you been?” He asked, finally looking at her straight in the eyes with sincerity written all over them. “I've been good,” she answered before she asked, “you?”

“I’ve been good myself.” He replied.

“Guys, I smell over there,” Chen said while sipping on his bubble tea as the rest responded with laughter. Glares were sent to Chen by both Luhan and Hana before they both looked away. They tried hiding their rosy cheeks from the others but that didn't seem to work since Xiumin blurted out, “look, they're blushing! How cute!”

Luhan suddenly grabbed Hana’s wrist earning a startled expression from her. He brought her to the couch and made her sit down beside him. “Have you resolved your important situation yet?” he questioned.

“Not yet, but I will eventually, it's just a matter of time,” she replied while not looking at Luhan as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter