Strong Heart (2)

Fishy and Santokki's Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you my new subbies and upvoters and commentors! :D You inspire me to write everytime! :)

 

 

 

NORMAL POV

 

 

Beads of sweat were beginning to form on the namja’s forehead as he tilted his head to his right and wiped them off slowly.

 

 

This is insane.

 

This ain’t happening.

 

 

“Jihyun ssi. Is it Super Junior’s Lee Donghae the friend you are talking about?” Kang Hodong pointed his left hand to Donghae’s direction.

 

“N-ne.” Jihyun softly said.

 

Dara smiled as she gritted her teeth.

 

It’s a one heck of a wicked smile.

 

 

This isn’t my angel.

 

 

Donghae gulped slowly when he saw that smile. It was his first time seeing that.

 

“W-wait. Jihyun ssi.” Donghae turned to his left and faced Dara and Jihyun’s direction. “I. . . mianhe. . .but. . . I . . .” He couldn’t decide what to say.

 

I DON’T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!

 

Inner Donghae was jumping up and down and messing his hair frustratingly.

 

“You don’t remember oppa?” Jihyun sounded a bit hurt. She pouted her lips for a bit.

 

“Yah! Donghae ssi! That’s so mean!” Hodong frowned at him. “That’s not how a real man acts.”

 

“That’s right!” Jung Juri agreed to which the other guests nodded.

 

Donghae widened his eyes in protest and opened his mouth for a few seconds but then closed it again.

 

 

 

Yah.

 

Give me a break here.

 

Just a while ago, they are praising me, (D), for being so brave and acting all mighty.

 

And now???

 

 

 

 

“You forgot Hae oppa?” Jihyun said sweetly.

 

“W-what? But I really di-” Donghae was about to tell her that he never said that but was cut off by the 4Minute leader.

 

“During my 25th birthday. . .” Jihyun’s head faced downwards. She was trying to hide the blush on her face and avoiding Donghae’s eyes.

 

Donghae’s eyebrows furrowed.

 

Inner Donghae ran down to his palace’s garden of memories and began digging on the ground. He had to find it! His memory of Jihyun’s 25th birthday! It must be somewhere down here!

 

“We were drinking in my house oppa. . .”

 

“Then?” Detective Kang Hodong asked her.

 

“Everyone passed out already and I was crying about s-something. . .”

 

Inner Donghae hit something with his shovel. Could it be?

 

“You pulled me for a hug. . .”

 

Inner Donghae found a glowing bottle. It was glowing red! He picked it up and wiped the soil on it using his golden robe. The red glowing bottle screams DANGER to him.

 

“And that’s when you promised me it.”

 

Inner Donghae twisted the cup of the bottle memory and opened it.

 

Light took over inner Donghae’s kingdom.

 

 

 

 

 

FLASHBACK!!!

 

 

People were lying everywhere.

 

Some were sleeping. Some were blabbering nonsense words. Some were laughing their asses out.

 

Donghae was busy drawing a human stick figure on his non-showbiz friend's face and neck, who dozed off on the floor from drinking too much soju. The kid was clearly enjoying it. When he finished his masterpiece, he took out his cellphone from his back pocket and took a picture of the poor guy.

 

“This is too funny. Aigoo. Finally, I have something to blackmail him.” Donghae was laughing to himself as he stood up and sat on the right end of the couch. Jihyun was also sitting on it; she was on his left far end of the couch, her head bowed down.

 

Donghae looked at his Rolex watch. It was already past 1 in the morning.

 

“Oh! It’s already this late.” He looked at the drunken people around him. Donghae didn’t drink that much. He only had one bottle of beer. Heck, he didn’t even finish it all. The fish and the rabbit made a promise to each other to never drink more than two bottles of beer or five sips of soju unless they are drinking together.

 

“Uhm. Jihyun ssi. I have to- oh.” He was surprised when he turned his head to the girl and saw her making soft sobs.

 

“Jihyun ssi.” The sight alarmed him. “What’s wrong?” Donghae went immediately to her side and kneeled in front of her so that he could see her face even though she bowed her head.

 

“N-nothing oppa.” She wiped the tears that fell on her cheeks.

 

“Aiyo. You’re crying. That’s not nothing.” Donghae pointed his finger on her forehead. “Now, look at me.” He slowly pushed her forehead to face him. “Tell me. What’s the matter?”

 

There was silence.

 

“Oppa.” She sniffed.

 

“Ne?” Donghae gave her an encouraging smile.

 

“Am I ugly?”

 

 

 

.           .           .           .           .           .           .           .

 

 

 

 

“Mwo?” He stared at her in disbelief.

 

“Answer me.” Her voice was whining. Jihyun then cutely pouted at him.

 

“Aigoo.” Donghae pushed her forehead more that her head reached the back of the couch. He stood up from kneeling and sat beside her.

 

“Women are really something.” He just shook his head then turned his body to her. “You are pretty Jihyun ssi. Honestly, you’re one of the prettiest idols today. Don’t ever think that you’re ugly. I’m not Siwon but I also believe that God didn’t make anyone or anything that is ugly. Never question His work, okay?”

 

They both smiled at each other.

 

“But. . .” She hesitated to tell him something.

 

“But?”

 

“The guy I like.” She finally said it. “He doesn’t seem to notice me.”

 

“Hahahahahaha!” Donghae began laughing out loud.

 

“Oppa!” Jihyun hit him on his shoulder and pouted more.

 

“Aigoo! This girl! So, this is a love problem?” He stopped laughing and faced her again. “Okay. You’ve come to the right person then.”

 

“But I don’t want your advice.” She slumped on the couch and bit her lower lip.

 

 

 

It is you that I want oppa.

 

 

 

“Aish. Don’t be stubborn. Oppa is here.” Donghae put his left hand on the top of her head. “Is he an idol? Do I know him?”

 

 

 

 

Yes.

 

He is a member of Super Junior.

 

Yes.

 

Just look at the mirror and you’ll know him.

 

 

 

 

Jihyun glanced at him. “Ne.”

 

“Who is he?” he asked.

 

She glanced at him again. “Secret.”

 

“Stubborn little girl.” Donghae messed her hair.

 

“Yah! I’m not a girl anymore oppa! You’re just 3 years older than me.” She brushed off the hand of Donghae on her head.

 

“Arasso. Don’t throw your tantrums on me. Jeez.”

 

“Hmp.” Jihyun turned her back to him and placed her legs on the armrest of the couch.

 

“Do you like him that much?”

 

With just one question from him was enough to silence the room.

 

It was enough to make all the butterflies inside her go flutter their wings everywhere.

 

 

 

 

“I love him that much.”

 

 

 

 

Donghae just let out a smile. “That serious?”

 

Jihyun nodded, still not facing him.

 

She just couldn’t.

 

She might confess to him right then and there!

 

“Then tell him your feelings.”

 

“I can’t.”

 

“Why? What’s stopping you?” Facing her back, Donghae put his left elbow on the headrest of the couch and his left hand on the side of his forehead.

 

“H-he. . . seems to like another girl.” Jihyun’s face then turned to a sour one.

 

“He told you that?”

 

“Ani. But I can feel it.” She slightly frowned.

 

 

 

I attended Super Junior’s 99th concert. I was so happy when you invited me but. . .

 

Why didn’t you invite me on the 100th?

 

Isn’t that more important for you?

 

Why didn’t you mention my name on stage just like that 2NE1 girl?

 

You seemed to be happy when you said her name in front of your precious ELFs.

 

 

 

 

“You’re a good girl Jihyun ssi. Someone out there deserves you better. Maybe he isn’t just your destiny. Just forget about him and move on.” Donghae gave her a sensible advice in his casual tone.

 

“ANIYO!”

 

Jihyun shouted, jumped from her seat and stood in front of Donghae.

 

The namja was definitely startled on her reaction. It was his first time seeing her like that. He could just blink his eyes.

 

“Mianhe oppa. I didn’t mean to shout at you.” Tears once again fell from her eyes as she vexingly wiped them off.

 

Donghae suddenly felt guilty.

 

I guess that advice hit the bull’s eye though. A painful reality, that is.

 

“Aish. Come here, you little girl.” Donghae grabbed her hand and pulled her back on the couch.

 

What made Jihyun’s butterflies go crazy was when Donghae guided her head to his chest and placed his left hand on her shoulders and right hand wiped the tears on her cheeks.

 

“You’ll be fine little girl.” He looked down at her as he softly tapped her shoulders. “Please don’t cry. I don’t want to see those important people in my life crying.”

 

 

Me?

 

Important?

 

In his life?

 

 

A smile showed on her face.

 

“What if I grow old already and there’s no one beside me?” Jihyun pouted and pushed her head more on his chest. She sniffed the man’s scent and boy, she so liked it!

 

“That’s unbelievable! A pretty girl like you? Na-uh.” Donghae shook his head. “I tell you, next year, on your 26th birthday, you already have a boyfriend.”

 

Jihyun chuckled on his chest. “I don’t think so oppa.”

 

“Mark my word!” He raised both of his hands.

 

“Then what if there was still no one to be there?” She was challenging his idea.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’ll be there then.”

 

 

 

Jihyun pulled away from him.

 

She stared at him. Her eyes were sparkling from too much giddiness.

 

“You. . . you’ll be there?” She couldn’t believe it.

 

“Ne. I will be there little girl.” Donghae messed her hair once again.

 

 

You’ll be there?

 

You’ll be my boyfriend?

 

MY boyfriend?

 

 

“Promise?” She asked him softly. Tears were forming on her eyes again. It was happy tears though.

 

With that, Donghae faced her and raised his right arm in level to his shoulder.

 

“I promise.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’ll be there?

 

Of course, I will be there.

 

I WILL BE THERE AS A FRIEND!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

“Donghae ssi. Do you remember it now?” Seunggi asked Donghae.

 

“Uh. N-ne,” he admitted. His voice cracked.

 

The smile on Dara’s face grew wider.

 

Scarier.

 

He shivered at the sight.

 

“B-but. . .” He began to say.

 

Tell them it doesn’t mean like that!

 

“Did you really promise that?” Detective Hodong looked at him in a dubious manner.

 

“I made a promise as a friend,” he said and looked at them innocently.

 

 

That’s right!

 

My conscience is clear as a blue sky!

 

 

“Ehhh. What kind of a friend promises something like that?” Boom pointed at Donghae and which made everyone agreed.

 

“I saw you too hugging a while ago,” Hodong dropped the bomb in the studio.

 

“Ooooooohhh.”

 

“Chincha?”

 

“You’re not joking sunbae?”

 

“Uwaaaa.”

 

 Aghast, Donghae stood up from his seat, walked down to the center and faced them sideward.

 

“Jihyun ssi and I are just friends. It was a friendly hug. There’s nothing more to it. Please don’t think of it in any other way,” he explained without pausing on each sentences. His eyes were so round that it seemed like a kid who was about to cry.

 

 

On a second thought, he really was about to cry if Dara’s wrath won’t subside.

 

 

“What are you doing there?” Lee Hyori widely smiled at him in amusement.

 

“Donghae ssi. Please go back to your seat.” Seunggi chuckled.

 

“He looks like a kid convincing his mom not to make him eat the veggies.” Hodong commented while laughing with their guests.

 

“A guilty kid.”

 

It was G Dragon.

 

Donghae’s ears twitched and looked at the Bigbang’s leader. GD’s head was slightly bowed but still, it was quite obvious.

 

Is he smirking?

 

At me?

 

The irked feeling that Donghae suddenly felt was instantly gone when he caught a glance at the girl behind GD.

 

Dara was smiling but her head was facing the back of GD’s chair. She was slowly cracking her knuckles. It was impossible because of how noisy the people are in the studio, but he could clearly hear every sound of it. Donghae trembled inside.

 

Leeteuk went to Donghae and escorted him back on his seat.

 

 

She’s mad.

 

‘Mad’ wouldn’t be able to describe it either.

 

 

“Does Jihyun ssi have a boyfriend already?” Detective Kang Hodong turned to Jihyun.

 

“I don’t have,” Jihyun answered as she shook her head.

 

“Ooh!” Lee Hyori clapped her hands once. She turned to her right and tapped Donghae on his shoulder. “Fighting dongsaeng!” She raised her right hand and winked at him.

 

Everyone laughed at her reaction.

 

 

 

Jihyun was laughing happily.

 

Everyone seems to like the thought of the two of us being together.

 

 

 

Donghae was laughing awkwardly.

 

No Hyori noona. You are wrong. This is wrong. So wrong.

 

 

 

“Does Donghae ssi. . . have a girlfriend?” Rain asked warily and turned to take a look at Donghae.

 

Everyone stared at him. Waiting for his answer.

 

 

 

 

I have.

 

She’s just right there!
 

So please stop pushing Jihyun and I to happen!

 

Because it’s not gonna happen!

 

EVEEEEEER!!!

 

Screw SM and YG!

 

This is it!

 

 

 

 

“I ha-“

 

Leeteuk stood up and cut him off. “He has so many imaginary girlfriends. In his room. Inside it are his adult magazines. Lots of them.”

 

Shindong and Eunhyuk sighed in relief when everyone bought what Leeteuk said. They knew him too well. The moment the fish straightened up from his seat and held his chin up, he was about to reveal their relationship! It’s not that they’re against to it but it’s insane to reveal it in a variety show! What would the people think?

 

“I don’t believe you.” Lee Hyori eyed the Super Junior’s leader suspiciously and then to Donghae.

 

“M-mwo?” Leeteuk was dumbfounded. Shind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter