Have You Ever?

Fishy and Santokki's Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

This was me after seeing Dara’s Twitter selca update with Kiyong.

 

 

Then there was me after reading Belita authornim’s Dongdongie and Krungy.

 

LMAO Nope. Not gonna abandon this ship for Dongdongie’s sake! Puahahahaha! :p Am I the only one so ecstatic and completely hyped with the upcoming SS6 Encore in Seoul? You know what this means, right????? A possible 3rd Darahae selca and moment, Royal people!!!!!!! <333333333 No harm done for being delu, okay? Hahaha!

 

This chapter is inspired by Nina's version of Have You Ever. THE FEEEEELLLSSS OF THAT SONG! LOL Try listening to it! :) Arasso! Arasso! Go. Scroll it down already. You can go and read. Kekekeke

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Have you ever loved somebody so much it makes you cry?

 

Have you ever needed something so bad you can’t sleep at night?

 

Have you ever tried to find the words but they don’t come out right?

 

Have you ever?

 

Have you ever?

 

 

 

 

A deafening silence enveloped the two from the time they borrowed clothes from Siwon’s sister to the time they took the elevator to get into 2NE1’s dorm. It seemed impossible to think but even breathing the air was suffocating them. It was because in the inside, they only wanted to throw everything out.

 

All those questions. All those jealousy.

 

Their stoic façade hid well all the feelings that seemed to burst out from their mouths. Every step was being hurried just so they could finally arrive at the room of the baddest Kpop girl group. Just so they could straighten things out.

 

As the two entered the room, they walked towards the living room. She tossed her bag on the couch and they just stood in front of each other. Waiting for something.

 

Still, no one dared uttering a single word.

 

Still, no one dared staring at each other’s eyes.

 

For they knew it would be a fight which both of them would certainly lose.

 

 

 

 

Have you ever been in love?

 

 

 

 

“What was that?”

 

And it started. . .

 

“What was that?” Dara repeated his question. Annoyance spread all over her voice as she locked her eyes on him in disbelief. “Did you just ask me ‘what was that’? I should be the one asking you that. What was that?” She emphasized the question strongly.

 

Donghae chuckled that his question was returned to him. “That was you and Jaejoong swimming oh-so-happily on Siwon’s pool together. That was you wearing jeans, shirt, sneakers and a beanie but still opted to have midnight swimming with Jaejoong. That was you acting so sweet with Jaejoong.”

 

“Well for your information, he pushed me to the water. I sure did not just jump on it on my own. I’m not insensitive and stupid to do that in someone’s party Donghae. And I’m not being sweet with him.” The fire in her heart just came back at her, way larger than its size a while ago. And definitely burning her.

 

“Ahhh.” He nodded at her. “Shouldn’t you be mad then when someone do that to you? Shouldn’t you go back to your friends and boyfriend after the incident? Because seriously, correct me if I’m wrong, but you sure were having fun and even laughing out loud with him.”

 

“Of course, I got pissed at first-” But she was cut off.

 

“At first!” He smiled while gritting his teeth from the inside as he looked up at the ceiling and then went back at her. “Now, this is getting interesting. So, what happened next? The so-called vampire smiled at you and you fell for his charm?”


“Yeah. He smiled at me. Lots of times.” She saw how his jaw tightened while maintaining that forced smile on his face. “But I didn’t fall for his charm. We were just talking for a few minutes. What exactly do you want me to do? Slap him? Kick him on the balls? Then what? Jeopardize the drama? No, thanks. And guess what, I wouldn’t do that even if there’s no Devil Beside You to begin with. Even he’s not a sunbae in this industry. Even if he’s not the idol, Kim Jaejoong. You know why? It’s because he’s a kind and a friendly person Donghae.”

 

“Wow. In just a few hours, you think of him like that already. Wow.” Donghae retorted sarcastically. He slumped his body on the couch and pretended to be scanning a Korean magazine. Not even Picasso or Michelangelo could paint the reaction on their faces. Both were absolutely fuming.

 

CL, Bom and Minzy were wide-awake inside their own rooms, eavesdropping, and were currently exchanging text messages. It was their first time witnessing the patient Dara and ever-so gentle Donghae on a heated argument.

 

He finally stopped flipping the pages of the magazine and piercingly stared at her. “Shouldn’t you have stayed beside your boyfriend knowing that he’s there at the party?”

 

 

 

 

Silence.

 

 

 

 

“Ha. . .”

 

 

 

 

Silence.

 

 

 

“Ha. . .”

 

 

 

 

Silence.

 

 

 

 

“Hahahahahahahahahahaha!”

 

 

 

 

Donghae’s eyebrows met at the middle as he stared at Dara whose laugh echoed all over the room. She turned her back at him and laughed more while holding her stomach.

 

“Dara.” He called her name sternly. Donghae stood up from sitting and walked to come near her.

 

“Hahahahahaha. . . ha. . . ha . . . finally, you’re at it.” Dara hastily straightened her body and brushed her hair to the back using her fingers. The maniac laugh was instantly gone when she turned and locked her gaze with him.

 

“Boyfriend? Where?”

 

 

 

 

Been in love so bad?

 

You’d do anything to make them understand.

 

 

 

 

Donghae’s eyes fell on the floor as he swallowed that truth so hard.

 

“Come on. Tell me. Where?” Dara challenged him. All the jealousy that she felt when she saw Donghae smiling back at Jihyun came like a huge wave to her. She saw how she fed him with that cake. How she laughed comfortably on his lap. Even how she fled and kissed him on the cheek during their Strong Heart guesting. How he just smiled at her so bright during all those times.

 

“Dara, I fell asleep.”

 

Donghae knew to himself how stupid it was but he decided to at least tell her the truth. No matter how stupid it really was.

 

“Seriously?” Dara scoffed at him. “You sleep with her knowing that you have your girlfriend waiting for you outside?”

 

His answer was the last thing on her mind that he would use as reason. She had been telling herself that Jihyun might be puking out or bawling her eyes out because of family problems that’s why he was taking too long. . . but falling asleep?

 

“I did not sleep with her Dara.” Donghae corrected her with an utmost conviction. “I was staring at the wall clock and waiting for Siwon’s maid to come and help me from my position. The next thing I know, I already fell asleep.”

 

“An hour and a half, Donghae.” She flatly informed him.

 

“That’s the truth! It’s not like I wanted it to happen Dara.” Donghae wasn’t yelling but his tone was sure louder and stronger than usual. “I didn’t do anything wrong.”

 

“Well, it’s not like I wanted Jaejoong sunbae to push me in the water either! It’s not like I wanted to feel so alone in a crowd!” Dara burst out. “You weren’t there Donghae. I was even patiently waiting and understanding you before you gone. . . jealous at Jaejoong sunbae who was just being kind to me. He didn’t deserve that attitude, Hae.”

 

The fish was about to admit his fault. It was his to begin with. He knew that. Was about to apologize to her. Was about to hug and kiss her anger away.

 

But he didn’t . . .

 

Hearing someone else’s name coming out from made his eardrums rang. Made him pissed once again. Hearing her defending Jaejoong.

 

“I don’t want you talking to that Jaejoong ever again.”

 

 

 

 

Have you ever had someone steal your heart away?

 

You’d give anything to make them feel the same.

 

 

 

 

That pushed Dara to the end of her patience that night. The tension on the air between the two of them just got thicker, and thicker, in every word that came out from their mouths.

 

“No.”

 

“Dara,” hissed Donghae.

 

“No.” Her eyes laid on his. “I can be friends with anyone I want Donghae. Just like you . . . to Jihyun ssi.”

 

“Why are we back on her? Jihyun ssi has got nothing to do with this.” He shook his head at her.

 

“This is her from the very beginning!” Dara exclaimed. She simply felt so jealous with that name. It was unexplainable how she felt that in her when she was perfectly fine with the girl in the party. Maybe it’s because how Donghae defended that name from her. She felt the tears that were starting to form in her eyes but screw that. . .  she wouldn’t let herself cry this time. Not when she hadn’t won the fight.

 

“We’re like siblings Dara! It’s just me being with SNSD and FX just like you being with Bigbang and WINNER. Why can’t you get that?”

 

“My God Lee Donghae!” She didn’t know how to react with his reply. Should she start laughing again? Should she just cry, feeling so helpless? Dara turned her back and took a few steps away before looking at him again. “Are you really that dense?”

 

“What are you talking about?” He extended his hand at her direction.

 

“She likes you! Like freaking likes you!” Dara pointed at him. “How is it possible that you can’t see that? The way she looks at you. The way she acts when you’re around. The way she calls you. Donghae oppa here! Donghae oppa there! Oppa! Oppa! Oppa! .” She cursed under her breath without breaking their intense gaze.

 

 

 

 

Have you ever searched for words to get you in their heart?

 

 

 

 

“That’s not true.” He told her coldly.

 

“It is true!” She retorted back as she come closer to him again. “Everyone could see it. Except you!”

 

“I couldn’t see it because it wasn’t true.” The fish stood firmly on what he believed. “Jihyun is a nice girl. She’s kind and sweet to her friends. She takes good care of them. She’s just a friend, Dara. All my friends are important to me just like how your friends are to you. Jihyun ssi is also important to me.” He said without even pausing.

 

As innocent and as dense Donghae’s statement was, it sure hammered painfully straight into Dara’s heart. She knew her boyfriend long enough to tell that he’s someone who doesn’t lie. He’s an open book. Whatever comes into his mind, he says it truthfully. Truth really does hurt. She thought. Her friends are her comfort. She has lots of them. She loves them equally. But . . . how much she hated the word “friend” at that time? How much she hated coming from his own mouth that Jihyun is important to him? How much that hurt her?

 

 

 

 

But you don’t know what to say

 

And you don’t know where to start

 

 

 

 

“Why don’t you make her your girlfriend then?”

 

 

 

 

Silence.

 

 

 

 

“What?” Donghae furrowed his eyebrows more, totally shocked with what she just asked him to do.

 

“You heard me.” She smirked. “Go with her. Like now.” She told him in a very stern voice.

 

“Dara. . .” He tiredly sighed. “What nonsense are you talking about?”

 

“Go. Do not even bother to text or call me. I won’t answer.” She was glaring at him.

 

“Dara.” He said in a low but irritated tone.

 

“Go! Didn’t you hear me? Why don’t just go with her?!” She was pointing to their dorm’s door.

 

“Why would I go with her?!” He matched the tone of her voice.

 

“I said go!”

 

“Fine!”

 

 

 

 

Have you ever loved somebody so much it makes you cry?

 

 

 

 

He stood frozen outside their door. She stood frozen near the couch.

 

The moment they both heard the door locked was the same moment their tears started to fall.

 

 

 

 

Have you ever needed something so bad you can’t sleep at night?

 

 

 

 

CL, Bom and Minzy slowly approached Dara and hugged her. “Darong.” She heard Bom say. “Eonni.” The maknaes held her. She was sobbing weakly in their arms. Crying in front of her members was something she dislikes but at that time, she knew she needed them. She wanted to run towards that door and stop him. She knew she needed him.

 

Donghae faced the door again and raised his hand to knock. He just wanted to go back in and hug her tightly. He was sobbing quietly, not bothering to put his mask on. Not caring if people would see a member of Super Junior crying in front of 2NE1’s dorm.

 

 

 

 

Have you ever tried to find the words but they don’t come out right?

 

 

 

 

Santokki. I’m sorry.

 

 

 

 

Fishy. Don’t go.

 

 

 

 

Have you ever?

 

 

 

 

But she didn’t run to open that door for she closed her eyes and cried.

 

 

 

 

Have you ever?

 

 

 

 

But he didn’t make that knock for he started walking away and cried.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Have you ever found the one you've dreamed of all your life?

 

You'd do just about anything to look into their eyes.

 

 

 

Two days had passed without hearing a thing from one another. Two days had passed without seeing each other. It had been only two days but the pain felt like it was there since forever.

 

“Is that an ice cream or a smoothie?” GD asked Dara. He sat on the floor beside her. They were in one of the YGE’s practice rooms. Bigbang just finished practicing their dance choreography for the next songs in MADE series. All the others went out to grab something. Although he had to kick Seungri out of the room just to leave Dara’s matters with him. Good thing, CL was there to keep the rat away from Dara. Lee Seunghyun is only good at byuntae advices. There’s no way we’d let those get inside our precious Dara’s mind. 2NE1 and GD thought.

 

“I don’t feel like eating it.” Dara was just staring at the melted pint of Cheese-flavored ice cream in front of her while crouching her body.

 

“And yet you bought one. Interesting.” GD put his right hand on top of her head as he pulled her closer to him. Dara obliged and leaned her back on his body. “Now, do you want me to go Jawbreaker on him?”

 

She weakly smiled as she shook her head. Dara looked at him and he already knew what that meant.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter