You better be happy

You better be happy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence.

That was all he heard. 

Freaking suffocating silence.

No.

This wasn't good at all. 

Why wasn't he speaking? He sure had a long list of words to throw at the girl in front of him, but now; nothing came out.

"Yoseob-ssi? Are you alright?" sweet voice was heard from the girl. But he still couldn't say anything. And he knew that if he didn't say something soon, the girl would probably freak out.

"Neh. I'm fine." The answer came out a lot more colder than the light brown haired boy had meant it to. But the girl just smiled, finally getting him to speak.

"I thought you might be mute or something. But then again, why would you be on a vocal lesson if you'd be mute.." 

"Ah, it's alright Gayoon-ssi. I was just in my thoughts." Yoseob tried to smile, now speaking much more gentler. And he kinda hated it.

"Just call me Gayoon. You're friend of Doojoon's and Junhyung's, right?" Gayoon spoke as se went to sit behind the piano, Yoseob following her. A small stab in his chest as he heard Gayoon's words.

Friend.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." 

"Well, what do you want to do? We have plenty of time to come up with something. I mean, we could just do a duet. I've heard you sing, our voices match." Gayoon spoke smiling the whole time. 

This was making Yoseob very uncomfortable. He hadn't been sure wether Doojoon had told his new girlfriend about Yoseob or not - obviously not - and he didn't know how to act around the girl.

It was a pure shock when she found out that Gayoon was in the same vocal class as he was but even greater shock was the words that his teacher had announced two days ago: 

"You're a pair. Prepare a performance. You can guide her Yoseob, she's new here." 

And so they were paired up now. 

As if Yoseob hadn't been going through hell during the past two weeks anyways. 

Hyunseung had been all in denial over his feelings that had started to grow towards Junhyung - and that made the blond boy very very annoying since he was constantly asking for Yoseob's opinion of his super lovely GD hyung - and Junhyung had been frustrated. 

Why?

Yoseob didn't know.

Kikwang had been going out very much lately and coming back with a stupid grin on his face. Yoseob was pretty sure it was the sweet boyfriend of the boy,but he never asked. He didn't wanna know. And Yoseob felt this weird twist in his heart everytime he saw Kikwang smile. Was he jealous? Maybe.

Anyways. 

Then there was Doojoon. The older had made it his life mission to ruin every single day for Yang Yoseob. Like seriously.

Everytime Yoseob ate in the school cafeteria - he was there, all laughy and bad boy-ish. Everytime Yoseob reserved the music classroom - he just happened to be there. Every single time Yoseob wanted to take a walk in the park - he was there, reading a book or holding his precious little girlfriend's hand. 

And it would have been alright, if the older man hadn't spoken to him. But he did. He asked Yoseob all these very irritating questions like:

Do you have a boyfriend? Or did you switch the gender like I did? Oh, you have no one? Too bad. Want me to kiss you?

And Yoseob had shouted and screamed and huffed and mumbled but the older one wouldn't go away. All those questions, and Yoseob didn't even understand why?

It was none of Doojoon's business anyways. 

"Yoseob-ssi? Do you space out a lot, perhaps?" Gayoon was tilting her head sweetly.

"Err, yes. I'm sorry. We can do a duet. It's fine with me. You pick the song." Yoseob spoke sighing.

"Is everything truly alright? You've been quiet." Gayoon seemed to be genuinelly worried and it made Yoseob sick. He knew he should treat Gayoon nicely, the girl did nothing wrong.

"I'm alright. Just stressed, I guess." this time Yoseob got a smile out of himself.

Gayoon smiled too and asked Yoseob to sit next to her and so they started to warm up their voices. And Gayoon smiled happily all the time.

She was really nice, wasn't she?

****

Yes she was. She was probably the sweetest creature on the earth.

During the past week Yoseob had learned few things about his partner:

1. She was very good at singing.

2. She had a lot of friends - and all of them thought Yoseob's 'so cute'

3. She'd never hurt even a bug. Like never ever.

And this fact was making it hard for Yoseob to hate the girl. How could he even dislike the girl? It was certainly not her fault that Doojoon just happened to be the worst Yoseob had ever met and he just happened to date Gayoon.

It was totally not her fault.

"Excuse me?"

"What? You didn't hear me?" Yoseob lifted his head from his phone as Hyunseung and Kikwang had their arms crossed over their chests. 

"No, we heard you alright. But, excuse me?" Hyunseung was now frowning very deep and Yoseob sighed.

"I'm going to have a coffee with Gayoon today."

"Are you nuts? She's dating your ex-boyfriend!" 

"Whom you love!" 

"Loved." Yoseob corrected and raised his eyebrow.

Both of his friends huffed and shook their heads.

"She's really nice. It's not her fault that she's dating Doojoon."

"No it isn't. But it's not good for your mental health to hang out with her more than needed." Hyunseung explained very frustrated. Yoseob smiled a bit.

He had thought about that, but actually he found it pretty interesting to get to know Gayoon better.

Maybe he'd be able to piss Doojoon off.

Oh, and that would be just a bonus.

Since Gayoon's nice. Like really nice.

Besides, Gayoon was the only way for Yoseob to hear anything about Doojoon.

Yeah, he cares. He will always care.

"This is my choice, okay guys

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter