You better be happy

You better be happy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You okay?" Junhyung was rubbing Yoseob's back gently, giving him a small smile. The concern however, could be seen from miles away. Yoseob nodded, not facing his hyung completely, too afraid of his wild emotions.

It was a pure miracle Yoseob had made it this far. Or that he was even invited. He had rented a fine suit with black tie and shiny shoes. Yoseob was pretty sure he had never wore this expensive clothes. 

"You sure hon?" Hyunseung was now the one speaking now, patting Yoseob's leg soothingly. They were sat in the third row,  on the right side of the altar. The weather was beautiful, warm and sunny. Why wouldn't Yoseob be fine?

"I'm sure, quit patronizing me," he rolled his eyes, giving two of his best friends a reassuring smile, just in time to see Kikwang poke his head from the other side of Hyunseung, presumably to ask if Yoseob was okay. Hyunseung gave him a look though, and that shut Kikwang's mouth right away. Yoseob was seated in the chair that was farthest away from the aisle, just like he had wished. 

It was all very beautiful and elegant, something Gayoon had probably put up, Yoseob presumed. Between Yoseob and Junhyung sat Lee Joon, he seemed to be in a bad mood, though it was no wonder.

"I don't understand why you came here," he said through gritted teeth. The red haired boy hadn't been happy with the idea of Yoseob coming to this thing, but he had insisted that he'd come with. At this point Yoseob didn't really care, he just wanted it to be done.

"Because," Yoseob then said, turning to face Lee Joon, "I want to support him. Them. This was the right thing to do." 

"What about you?" Lee Joon scoffed, hissing. 

"I was the one to decide this, don't forget," Yoseob pointed out, still remaining calm. Lee Joon shook his head in disbelief, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Hey. Are you going to act your age or do I have to take you outside?" Junhyung was giving Lee Joon a stern look, which made Lee Joon cower a little. He had learned to respect these people.

"Sorry," he muttered. 

The music started playing and people rose from their seats. Yoseob could feel his heart thump in his chest, trying to tear its way out of the ribcage. 

The doors to the church opened and in walked Gayoon and her father, Mr. Heo. The dress was a traditional white one, and Yoseob knew Gayoon had just picked it at random. Yoseob's eyes sifted form the bride to her father. Mr. Heo had a small smile on his face that showed dignity and arrongance. It made Yoseob feel a tad obnoxious but he just swallowed the uneasy feeling. 

The two walked forward, towards the altar that now had the priest, some bridesmaid and the groom standing. Also the bestman, the groom's, Doojoon's, cousin. Junhyung had politely turned down the offer, for unknown reasons.

Mr. Heo let Gayoon go, handing her over to Doojoon. This was the first time Yoseob dared to look at Doojoon. His face was stony, there was no smile on his face. He looked tired, like he hadn't slept in years, and it stung. The barely visible pink scars, however, were what made Yoseob swallow the guilt. It's for the best. 

People sat down as the priest started talking. The ceremony was very simple, done with the shorter pattern by the request of the couple. Yoseob was thankful for that. The air was thick and he could feel the cold sweat on his neck, the painful reminder of his nightly panic attacks that had become a frequent occurance now.

Yoseob blocked out the priest's words, not wanting to heart those dreadful two words that would for good steal Doojoon away from him. Lee Joon nudged Yoseob with his elbow, giving him a concerned look.

Yoseob reached out to him and took his hand. They stared each other in the eyes for a moment, before Yoseob turned to look at the couple. They were an awfully pretty sight. It was no wonder everybody were so excited. 

The ceremony ended soon enough and even though Yoseob squeezed his eyes shut tightly, he still heard it loud and clear; Yes.

****

"Okay. The ceremony I understand, but the after party? Are you serious?" Lee Joon was grumbling as they walked inside the venue. It was decorated with flowers and such, very simple but effective. Yoseob couldn't help but think that his wedding would never be like this.

"Yes, I am. This is part of the invitation. Can't leave in the middle," Yoseob reasoned, looking around them to spot their other friends who seemed to have vanished in thin air. 

"You got to be a masochist. I thought that maybe those six months before this hideous event would wake you up, but apparently I was being delusional," Lee Joon huffed, taking a few steps forward, picking up a glass of shampagne. Yoseob followed suit, before answering:

"The fact that the wedding got postponed changed nothing, yes. Even if this would have happened seven or eight months later, it would've changed nothing." 

Lee Joon shook his head, frowning at his friend.

"I'm your friend. I'm just wondering why, you know," it wasn't a question, it was a murmur under Lee Joon's breath.

"Yoseob! Lee Joon!" a familiar female voice carried in to Yoseob's ears just as he was about to stand up for himself, for Doojoon maybe too.

Him and Lee Joon both turned around to see Gayoon and Doojoon approach them with their arms linked. Yoseob straightened up, plastering a well known fake smile on his face. Lee Joon didn't even bother.

"Hi," Yoseob greeted, giving a kiss to Gayoon's left cheek. 

"Beautiful ceremony," he added right after, giving Doojoon a nod of recognizion. Doojoon responded with a tight smile, taking a sip of his glass right after.

It wasn't always like this between them. Just when there was other people around them. It became awkward and silent, like neither one of them knew what to say, how to act. The situation had changed so much after -- well, after that one dreadful day back in last April. 

"Thank you dear," Gayoon said with a smile, even though it didn't reach her eyes.

"Have you been enjoying yourselves?" she then asked, looking at Lee Joon. 

"Oh, yeah. Been having a blast," Lee Joon answered dryly, raising his eyebrows. Yoseob elbowed him, and gave him a hard stare. Be nice, it said, but Lee Joon didn't seem to care all that much. Maybe he was tired of acting like it was all happy and so on.

"Uh, right," Gayoon was obvoiusly bothered by the demeanour, scratching her neck. Just as she was about to say something, the rest of their friends arrived. Dongwoon and Kikwang were holding hands, as were Junhyung and Hyunseung. Behind them walked a familiar figure to Yoseob, someone he had been hoping to see all day.

"Joonyoung," it was a breath that escaped Yoseob's lips, the name barely heard to anybody. The older man smiled to Yoseob, stepping to stand beside him.

"Hi love," it was quiet, but everyone around them were seemingly aware of the affectionate word that had slipped past Joonyoung's lips. It made Yoseob smile, as he leaned to the older's side.

Doojoon narrowed his eyes slightly, but soon turned his head away, not looking at the two.

"You came?" Yoseob half whispered as Junhyung started chatting up the newly-wed couple. Yoseob was holding on to Joonyoung's hand as if his life depended on it.

"Of course, baby. Couldn't leave you here all by yourself could I know?" Joonyoung was murmuring, caressing the back of Yoseob's hand with his thumb. Next to them, Lee Joon rolled his eyes.

"Oh please, get a room," he made a gaggin noise, before detaching himself from the group. The others landed their attention on the couple, not the wedding couple, again. Yoseob gave them a sheepish smile which made Junhyung chuckle.

"Glad you could make it Joonyoung-ssi," Kikwang then said, giving the older man one of his eye-smiles. Joonyoung shook his head and laughed.

"How many times have I told you not to call me Joonyoung-ssi. I'm not that old," his voice was a little playful, making Yoseob smile wider. 

"But you are though. Like years and years older than us," Yoseob said giving his lover a bright, angelic smile.

"Only like 26. I hope you guys don't consider that as old," Joonyoung was smiling too, and even though he was talking to all of them, his eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter