You better be happy

You better be happy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The brown haired boy was looking out of the window, waiting for his doctor to come and release him. He was glad to go back, but at the same time he had many mixed feelings revolving in his chest.

The talk with the psychologist helped, Yoseob got to let him feelings out. But talking won't make them go away. The feelings - or the problems for that matter.

Yoseob sighed, blinking twice. He glanced at the clock - 9.14 am. 

Just then the door opened, making Yoseob turn around, to come face to face with his doctor. He was smiling and they greeted each other.

"I see you're ready to leave. How are you feeling?" 

"I'm alright. Anxious to get out, to be honest though," Yoseob chuckled, smiling sheepishly. 

The doctor let out a small laugh, nodding in understanding.

"Did doctor Jung give you his number? In case you feel like talking," the doctor made some notes in his folder as he spoke.

"Yeah, he did. So, can I go now?" Yoseob didn't want to seem too eager, but he knew he did anyways. The doctor seemed to understand nevertheless, as he nodded.

"Just, make sure not to end up back here." 

They shook hands and the doctor left the room.

Yoseob packed up the last of his things and a small smile made its way on his face. He felt alright, and that's what mattered.

Just then a small knock on the door was heard and Yoseob zipped his bag, before turning around. Doojoon stood there, leaning on the door frame. 

He was smiling and looked definitely handsome to Yoseob, standing there in his grey sweater that Yoseob had bought him for his birthday over a year ago.

But what made Yoseob actually laugh, was the familiar pair of sun glasses that were lying on top of the olders hair. 

"I can't believe you still use those, they're hideous," the younger shook his head, stepping a few steps closer, still smiling widely.

"Oh, admit it already, you like them," Doojoon smiled his crooked smile and this was what made Yoseob's heart ache.

Not because he was sad or anything, but because he realized that he had actually missed the older. He had had so much on his mind that he hadn't aknowledged it yet, but the little ache on his heart had been there since the day before, when he sent Doojoon home.

Without thinking about it that much, Yoseob took a couple more steps and flung his arms around Doojoon's neck, nuzzling his nose in the older's neck.

He took in a deep breath, taking in the familiar scent, that still sent shivers down his spine. Yoseob smiled to himself as Doojoon circled his arms around the smaller's waist almost immediately.

"You alright there?" Doojoon whispered, tightening his grip just a little bit, careful not to crush the other.

Yoseob nuzzled closer and even though he had to stand on his toes, it was alright. 

"Yeah. I'm good, just, I missed you, I guess," the younger could feel the older shake a little bit, he was clearly laughing.

"Yahh, don't laugh," Yoseob pouted, moving little backwards to lock eyes with the older.

Doojoon shook his head and grinned.

"Weren't you the one who threw me out of here, hmm? I could've slept right next to you, you pabo," Doojoon smiled and rubbed the younger's back, trying to erase the pout.

Even if it wasn't really a serious one, he could see Yoseob's lips twisting upwards.

"I don't think the nurses would've appreciated that, Doojoonie," the smaller smiled now, making Doojoon's heart thump a little bit louder than before.

They stared at each other for a second or two, before they finally let go of each other.

"Wanna go now?" Doojoon asked, opening the door wider for Yoseob.

"Yes please." 

They walked out of the hospital and the fresh air felt really good on Yoseob's skin. He had spent almost two days indoors, which was rather stupid really. 

He could've gone outside. 

Maybe he was just too tired, though.

Doojoon's car wasn't parked too far away and so the walk wasn't that long. They got on the road in no time and Yoseob was happy to relax in his seat, letting out a deep sigh.

The younger was staring out of the window, looking at the houses and blocks passing by, when Doojoon's hand was suddenly holding on to his.

This made Yoseob turn his gaze to their now entwined hands.

And he really loved the way how it felt so right. How his slightly smaller hand fit perfectly in to Doojoon's bigger one and how Doojoon's hand felt warm against his.

But it scared him too, because he knew he had to tell the other about his decision. About taking time to himself. About taking distance to Doojoon.

Because no matter how he looked at it, it felt stupid to push the older further away when he felt like he was the only person he needed.

Though, that might be the exact reason he needed to put the distance between them.

At least for a little while.

Still, their hands entwined felt really good and right and there was no denying that, Yoseob thought, before opening his mouth to speak.

"I've been thinking, about everything and I thought that maybe you should talk to Gayoon by yourself. You know, she has a lot to take in and it might just confuse her if I'm there. Is it okay?"

He turned to look at the older now, who just seemed to ponder for a while before nodding.

"That might be for the best. She's a really good girl and I hate to hurt her. But I've been a coward for too long. She deserves to know that this isn't real."

Yoseob gave the older a sad smile, which he returned.

Doojoon wasn't sure what he had been thinking when he thought that it was alright to be with Gayoon if he didn't even love the girl - especially when she didn't know any of that.

"Also," Yoseob's voice pulled Doojoon out of his thoughts, and he quickly glanced the younger before focusing on the road again,

"I need some time for myself. I thought about this a lot and I think it's best for all of us right now. Well, it should be, right? I mean, there's so much going on," Yoseob mumbled the last part, but Doojoon heard it.

It came as bit of a shock, but he understood. Well, he wanted to understand. It wasn't easy though.

Because he thought that finally, now that he'd over come his fears and told Yoseob what was really going on, he could spent his time with the younger.

But now he was losing him all over again.

"Don't give me that look hyung. I'm not going anywhere. I'm not telling you that you can't see me or anything. Just that, I need to give time to myself. And to my other friends, you know. I want to see you, so please don't be sad," Yoseob looked worried and Doojoon didn't like it.

Of course Doojoon was worried about their relationship that had been going on a thin ice for so long, but he understood.

Yoseob shouldn't worry about anything right now, especially about him when the younger has so many things on his mind.

"So I'll get to see you?" Doojoon can't help but ask.

Yoseob nods, smiling a bit.

"Well, I guess it's alright. And I understand, it's not easy, though," Doojoon caressed the younger's hand with his thumb and Yoseob only smiled a bit wider.

"It's alright. I'll get through it. We'll get through it," Yoseob squeezes the older's hand between his own two hands, giving him the brightest smile he can manage.

"I'm guessing you'll be moving back to your place now?" Doojoon's glances at Yoseob. He's definitely hoping for a miracle, that Yoseob would stay with him, but his prayers aren't answered.

"Yeah. Kiki's spending more time with me there, so I won't be alone. Don't worry."

Doojoon nods, before taking a deep breath.

They've been through so much, they'll get through this too.

They have to.

****

Doojoon's really not sure where to begin. Gayoon's sitting on his couch with a warm cup of tea in her hands. She looks slightly concerned and confused, too.

That's understandable though. After all, it's been over a weeks since they last spent time together.

It's been couple of hours since Doojoon escorted Yoseob to his own dorm room and he already misses the other. Which is stupid though, because Yoseob's room is literally down the stairs.

But that missing, that craving to hold Yoseob close, to make his life better, is the reason why Doojoon's not backing aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter